Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Cant you see the connection between the two? 8)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby shoe boy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Leaping Lindner wrote:(Paraphrase) I'm off to South Africa for the funeral of Nelson Mandela. A man who changed the world and is the father of Modern South Africa, BUT look out for evil carbon tax.

Who is writing Tony's speeches these days?? Clarke and Dawe, because they are satirical GOLD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=yo ... pp=desktop

This bloke gets better every week!
As for Clarke and Dawe they haven't had better material to work with in a long time.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:22 pm

my god.

he cant take 1 millisecond away from politics

thats what gets him in trouble overseas too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Q. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Credlin must be on leave.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Bully » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:41 pm

It was tony abbotts fault that Mitsubishi and Nissan left Australia , and tonys fault that GMH will follow
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Q. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm not sure why people got the impression the Libs would have dealt with the manufacturing sector any differently. They've never been been saviour of the working class, so why start now?
Q.
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:45 am

I am for one keeping GMH here as I love my commodores being Australian built. But this has been a long period of troubles for the car industry. It is their fault for not keeping up with the times and building small cars, not petrol drinkers!

I just can not understand that some tunnel visioned people think its all the current governments fault that GMH has decided to pack up and leave.

And before a certain billy responds, it would be the same if it was labour in charge with this posting
Bully
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:58 am

Bully wrote:I am for one keeping GMH here as I love my commodores being Australian built. But this has been a long period of troubles for the car industry. It is their fault for not keeping up with the times and building small cars, not petrol drinkers!

I just can not understand that some tunnel visioned people think its all the current governments fault that GMH has decided to pack up and leave.

And before a certain billy responds, it would be the same if it was labour in charge with this posting

^#(^
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 am

Part of the reason why they went by the wayside is that they continued to manufacture consumer level cars when overseas manufacturers were doing it cheaper, with lower production costs, and better quality.

What they should have done is gone for high quality high value added manufacturing. Germany is probably a decent example of how this can be done
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:03 am

Part of the reason why they went by the wayside is that they continued to manufacture consumer level cars when overseas manufacturers were doing it cheaper, with lower production costs, and better quality.

What they should have done is gone for high quality high value added manufacturing. Germany is probably a decent example of how this can be done
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Psyber wrote:Nothing has happened yet to base a judgement on as the Liberals are still trying to decipher the confusion in the mess left behind and work out what they have to do. Only prejudicial presumption rules here at present.

As I've said before, though I am a Liberal Party member, I'm not a big Abbott fan either.
But I'll wait and see before I start pushing for his replacement.,

He did do a good job sorting out the mess his (Liberal) predecessor had made of the Health portfolio, when he took it over in 2003.

- Signing/Threating to sign the TPP 'agreement' before the Sentate sees it. Phillip Morris is planning to sue us to get their prett pictures back on their deadly product. Expect more of this shit if this agreement gets signed
- Gonski backflip when Pyne hasn't even read the report
- Threating to cut the funding of the ABC because it dares to bad mouth the government
- Offending China
- Offending Indonesia
- Offending East Timor
- Deleting articles from the Tony Abbott website that contradict his current position on various matters
- Censorship being raised to an artform - authorising the Militar to say **** all on Soveriegn Borders
- High court challeges to prevent homosexual marriages
- Establishing a debt-ceiling at a time when he was supposed to be reigning in debt responsibly
- Introduction of new powers to prevent protestors in Tasmania from entering a 'worksite'
- Dredging the great barrier reef marine park
- Raiding Women's superannuation
- Reneging on a payrise for Child Care Workers while at the same time handing out the usual Tax cut to the Rich
- Repealing Anti-Vilification legislation
- Closing down GrainCorp negotiation in a so called 'open for business' government, now he has to play tough on Holden and QANTAS.
- Despite the meltdown in Japan, thinking of creating a Nuclear Power plant in FNQ
- Attempting to change the rules on how the Governor General is selected because of Quentin Bryce's dissent

This is a corporate dictatorship, paid for by Murdoch and Reinhardt. These clowns have no idea that they were voted in TO REPRESENT US, not sell us as products to multinationals. Abbot doesn't give a shit because like George W Bush, he's been bought and paid for and they are now coming to collect.

It will take us decades to recover from this government.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Abbott Watch

Postby bennymacca » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Decent list there, agree with most of it, but nuclear power is the only clean energy source that can supply base load generation, should be looked at seriously. And there was certainly no "meltdown"
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:33 pm

They've been busy.

See how busy they get with a favourable senate.
Q.
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Now Holdens gone to add to the list :roll:
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby tigerhutch » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:25 pm

Will this govt go down as the worse ever :shock:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Q. wrote:I'm not sure why people got the impression the Libs would have dealt with the manufacturing sector any differently. They've never been been saviour of the working class, so why start now?

You're too young to remember Playford

And what about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button_car_plan
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bully » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Gozu wrote:Now Holdens gone to add to the list :roll:

(-|
yeah, tony abbotts fault right there...... :roll:
Bully
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Q. wrote:I'm not sure why people got the impression the Libs would have dealt with the manufacturing sector any differently. They've never been been saviour of the working class, so why start now?

You're too young to remember Playford

And what about this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button_car_plan

Too young indeed.

Never, as in, never in most of my short lifetime.
Q.
Coach

Postby Psyber » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:- Signing/Threating to sign the TPP 'agreement' before the Sentate sees it. Phillip Morris is planning to sue us to get their prett pictures back on their deadly product. Expect more of this shit if this agreement gets signed
- Threating to cut the funding of the ABC because it dares to bad mouth the government
- Offending China
- Offending Indonesia
- Offending East Timor
- Deleting articles from the Tony Abbott website that contradict his current position on various matters
- Censorship being raised to an artform - authorising the Militar to say **** all on Soveriegn Borders
- Establishing a debt-ceiling at a time when he was supposed to be reigning in debt responsibly
- Introduction of new powers to prevent protestors in Tasmania from entering a 'worksite'
- Reneging on a payrise for Child Care Workers while at the same time handing out the usual Tax cut to the Rich
- Closing down GrainCorp negotiation in a so called 'open for business' government, now he has to play tough on Holden and QANTAS.
- Despite the meltdown in Japan, thinking of creating a Nuclear Power plant in FNQ
- Attempting to change the rules on how the Governor General is selected because of Quentin Bryce's dissent

This is a corporate dictatorship, paid for by Murdoch and Reinhardt. These clowns have no idea that they were voted in TO REPRESENT US, not sell us as products to multinationals. Abbot doesn't give a shit because like George W Bush, he's been bought and paid for and they are now coming to collect.

regards,

REB

Jeez! You are prolific and dedicated...
I respect your right to your opinions based on your world view and experience.
None of us has to agree entirely with others, that is democracy in action.

Here is my purely personal, and biased by my own life, perspective:
( I have time as I'm sitting here waiting for my car to be ready to pick up.)

1. I'd ban cigarettes entirely.

2. Gonski was half-baked and needs review.

3. The ABC is a bit left in orientation, but more importantly it runs too many channels and too many radio stations. I watch/listen to it more than the commercial broadcasters, but it is becoming full of pointless fillers and repetition. Pruning is needed but I oppose privatisation.

4. Offending - he hasn't called a foreign PM "recalcitrant " yet. Some spying is valid but should be better handled and kept under wraps.

5. I guess if you change your mind it is reasonable to take down your outdated statements.

6. Censorship? - trying to manipulate the daily news back-fired on the ALP - and may have encouraged the smugglers and their customers.

7. I'm a supporter of gay marriage, but it is a Federal issue. I support a free vote in the Federal Parliament.

8. The ALP's Treasurer established a debt ceiling. We had never had one before. It was an attempt to establish some image of credibility for fiscal responsibility but it backfired when the debt climbed. The present increase is required to accommodate the delayed peak tide that will come before policy changes can be put in place and take effect, and to stop the ALP behaving like the Republican party when the peak arrives (and trying to dress up the debt they created as new post-election debt).

9. I don't think demonstrators should be allowed to storm and disrupt a work site. Demonstration outside the fence is fine.

10. I am opposed to dredging in the Barrier Reef and I've signed the petition.

11. I'm for fair superannuation for all, proportional to beneficiary contributions to independent funds, with some subsidy for the financially disadvantaged.

12. Child care? Here I am conservative. In an overpopulated world people should think before they reproduce, and support their own children. However, yes, the wages paid to workers should be fair (and funded on a user pays basis). I agree with less tax cuts to the very highly paid.

13. The Anti-vilification legislation seemed a bit over the top to me and needs reconsidering.

14. I'm glad GrainCorp is staying in Australian hands, and would support subsidies to keep it so. However, there are limits to paying foreign owned companies to stay in operation here. Julia Gillard's last hand outs were supposed to guarantee GMH were staying in manufacturing here for 10 years, but it was never going to be so. It became inevitable that manufacturing of all products would leave Australia once we started cutting Tariffs - was that under Hawke/Keating?

15. IIRC, two of the four plants in Japan melted down only because not one of their three diesel back up generators had been adequately maintained. Modern melt-down proof nuclear technology now exists.

16. I've been a Republican since 1966, but I do think it was inappropriate for her to make that statement while still GG, even if I do agree with her.

I don't buy your ending summation.
Last edited by Psyber on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Ruben Carter » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:11 pm

- Signing/Threating to sign the TPP 'agreement' before the Sentate sees it. Phillip Morris is planning to sue us to get their prett pictures back on their deadly product. Expect more of this shit if this agreement gets signed
- Offending China
- Offending Indonesia
- Offending East Timor

regards,

REB[/quote]

=D>

What he said.
If you don’t like my words, don’t listen. If you don’t like my appearance, don’t look. If you don’t like my actions, turn your head; It’s as simple as that.
Ruben Carter
Reserves

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 75 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics