Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Psyber » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:You don't think these climate change scientists don't incorporate something as important as solar variation?

Some of the ones I've spoken to personally at Adelaide University obviously haven't.
They are usually those who have come from a Meteorological background and haven't seen data pre-1890 when meteorological records began in some countries. It was a little later in others. ( Tunnel vision effects scientists too - some don't look outside their own field.)

For the longer term view refer to this and note the left margin - 0 years before present - does suggest an imminent cooling change if the cycles so far continue. However, they may not continue because we do seem to have added to the past pattern of CO2 fluctuation peaks from recent Vostok flask air sample records.

Brown line at bottom Solar input variations.
Blue line CO2 level variations - a recent sampling at Adelaide Uni in my presence recorded 380 ppm, while 400ppm has been reported from some locations.

Milankovitch Cycles.jpg
Milankovitch Cycles.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 4129 times
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Bully » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:Yep because a single graph posted by someone who is obviously not a scientist, let alone a climate scientist, overrides 99.989% of people that actually know what they are talking about.

like you know me also

yeah, the "scientist" and "experts" you speak of also have shown the climate and could show us the truthful weather before the dinosaurs existed ( as an example) ......
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:55 am

oh dear... Abbotts going to be on the world stage.. please don't make a fool of us
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:23 pm

billy boy and the party he led for the past 6 years has done that more times than I have had hot dinners.
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Bully wrote:billy boy and the party he led for the past 6 years has done that more times than I have had hot dinners.

once again, how is "they did it too" a justification for anything, unless you are in year 2?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Bully, Billy LED a party for six years??? I think you are trying to rewrite history *winks*
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby bulldogproud2 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:40 pm

shoe boy wrote:Morrison on our relationship with Indonesia on "stop the boats". Quote "we have an honest open relationship and open communications". NOW THIS WAS TODAY!!! =))

Now he states that the Indonesian police are not investigating the case regarding injuries sustained by asylum seekers at the hand of the Australian Navy despite the Chief of Police in Indonesia announcing an investigation!!
Morrison, do the right thing now and resign.... PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:billy boy and the party he led for the past 6 years has done that more times than I have had hot dinners.

once again, how is "they did it too" a justification for anything, unless you are in year 2?

once again, the one eyed labor party supporters ....not naming any names ;) can not see past the last 4 months of government. That is my point. The usual of you putting words in my mouth is getting a little boring. I have clearly stated numerous times that yes abbott is a "goose" ( I know you don't like that name ), yet the one eyed on here continually bring up things , that yes, sorry to say, the previous government , before labor also, have done the same.

Find me more than 100 people who agree with you that the Labor party did great things for this country for their period of time, not one eyed either.

Go on, do it,..
Last edited by Bully on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:44 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:Bully, Billy LED a party for six years??? I think you are trying to rewrite history *winks*

yes, he did. Did he not bring both "leaders " down??

I must have been watching another countries problems with "leaders"
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:35 am

Bully wrote:Find me more than 100 people who agree with you that the Labor party did great things for this country for their period of time, not one eyed either.

Go on, do it,..

http://results.aec.gov.au/17496/Website ... 96-NAT.htm

4,311,365 people voted for the labor party with their first preference. still considerably less than the 5841350 that voted for the libs or nationals but im sure, and ill leave this to you as an exercise, you can work out that 4,311,365 is more than 100.

Bully wrote:yet the one eyed on here continually bring up things , that yes, sorry to say, the previous government , before labor also, have done the same.

you do realise this is the "Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch" thread right? you know, where we discuss the performance of the liberal govt and their leader?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:56 am

bennymacca wrote:
Bully wrote:Find me more than 100 people who agree with you that the Labor party did great things for this country for their period of time, not one eyed either.

Go on, do it,..

http://results.aec.gov.au/17496/Website ... 96-NAT.htm

4,311,365 people voted for the labor party with their first preference. still considerably less than the 5841350 that voted for the libs or nationals but im sure, and ill leave this to you as an exercise, you can work out that 4,311,365 is more than 100.

Bully wrote:yet the one eyed on here continually bring up things , that yes, sorry to say, the previous government , before labor also, have done the same.

you do realise this is the "Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch" thread right? you know, where we discuss the performance of the liberal govt and their leader?

and each of those figures "agreed that the labor party did great things for this country" like I asked in the first place and not just "voted for them", or wanted to give K rudd a second chance after the faceless men and women brought him down.......

Lol, for sure. In your world
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:19 am

so you think someone would vote for them if they didnt go a good job? haha. talk about weasel words, maybe you should be a politician!

for the record, i think the labor party did a great job ecomomically, steering us through the GFC better than any other country just about.

I also support their policies on NBN, and Education.

i think they did an extremely poor job with the asylum seeker policy, but not in the way you are thinking, i am talking about the massive "shift to the right" policy of the howard era offshore processing.

i thought rudd's first stint as PM was mired by very small so-called failures like grocery watch, but it also pointed to a bit of micromanagement on his part. i also think he was extremely egotistical in not letting gillard govern when she was made PM - remember the labor party get to choose the leader not us, so i dont have a problem with the change of government, but i do have a problem with the white-anting.

im still not sure why you keep referring to faceless men and women when it is in fact very well documented who the factions in the labor party are, and it was also well documented who did and didnt vote for each leader. you also seem to forget that your main man tony won his leadership ballot over turnbull by a single vote, presumably the same faceless men and women engineered that too.

i also think because of the constant leadership turmoil their policies didnt achieve the cut through they deserved, and tony abbots three word mantras worked well politically as they were easy headlines, even though it is fundamentally without substance, and hence why he is struggling in government right now. the murdoch press also helped him out massively, which is ironic given how much the political right wax lyrical about the abc and their "leftist" agendas, which in their eyes means "anything critical of the liberals" but that is another conversation for another day.

so bully i ask you, are you actually trying to have some sort of intelligent discussion in this thread? or just periodically come in to tell us all that Bill Shorten is a snake in the grass? what about discussing the numerous points of policy that have been brought up?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:22 am

So again benny - its ok for people to call abbott a goose or usless and nae calling, yet when people do it to the opposition its a major problem , or show pictures of abbott being edited. Yeah, that's fair ;)

I do "try" and have a decent conversation and debate , but get bullied out of it by people like you hence why I don't more than others.
Bully
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:31 am

Bully wrote:So again benny - its ok for people to call abbott a goose or usless and nae calling, yet when people do it to the opposition its a major problem , or show pictures of abbott being edited. Yeah, that's fair ;)

I do "try" and have a decent conversation and debate , but get bullied out of it by people like you hence why I don't more than others.

i cant speak for other posters, but i have never called abbott a goose. i can count at least 6 times you have called shorten a snake in the grass, whilst offering no other comment on policy
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:39 am

i will happily admit i call Abbott a goose...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:39 am

woodublieve12 wrote:oh dear... Abbotts going to be on the world stage.. please don't make a fool of us

And according to this article neither Rudd nor Gillard have given up trotting across the stage at tax payer expense despite both having lost any formal right to represent the Australian people. http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/latest ... etrotting/
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 am

pretty standard for former PMs, Howard would have done the same thing. (and in terms of positioning themselves for "international jobs", thats also pretty standard, see Downer and Vanstone
bennymacca
Coach

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 am

I think the major factor in why Labor did a good job during the GFC was that they had such a good base to start from because of the previous Liberal government.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:44 am

cracka wrote:I think the major factor in why Labor did a good job during the GFC was that they had such a good base to start from because of the previous Liberal government.

I would agree with this somewhat. But then Howard had it easy too, best period of economic growth in the worlds history. Bringing in the GST was a great move.

One of the most important economic drivers for all of that was the floating of the dollar in the eighties
bennymacca
Coach

Postby tigerhutch » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:14 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:i will happily admit i call Abbott a goose...

thats not fair to gooses :lol:
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics