Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Psyber » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Both are public companies but Qantas has a limit on foreign ownership.
The really interesting part of this is John Borghetti missed out on the top QF job to Alan Joyce and is now showing why he was the better choice.

Both are now making losses but Qantas are making huge losses trying to maintain their 65% domestic market share which is unsustainable
They are a public company and shareholders are responsible, not the people of Australia
Again we are being asked to pick up the tab for bad management and or practices.
You have to wonder where these companies are getting this "welfare state" mentality.

I agree with you there.

It is frustrating for us small shareholders though, because so long as the big institutional shareholding companies vote with the present management we have no hope of pushing for any change. As those on the Boards of the big share investing companies are in mutually beneficial relationships with, or mates of, those on the the Boards of the companies they hold the shares in, they vote with them to improve general board member policies and remuneration packages.

It is a bit like appointing a Judge to determine MPs' pay rates then linking Judges salaries to those of MPs.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:16 pm

Good to see Mr Abbott has finally said what we are all thinking, and that we have too many forests. Bloody nature. Who does it think it is?
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Problem is, the majority of people don't give two shits about conservation of our native forests.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 pm

But Tony does.....the sign says so.....
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 47 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:31 pm

must be some other environment he is talking about.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby shoe boy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:01 pm

When did Tony recruit Arnold Schwarzenegger?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:34 am

Work choices are back
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Work choices are back

The signs were there long ago. News Ltd has been cooking up the faux productivity crisis for over 12 months.
Q.
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Q. wrote:

The signs were there long ago. News Ltd has been cooking up the faux productivity crisis for over 12 months.

But it can't be, i was told i was crazy when i said they'd bring that back from the Abbott lovers on here... i know i've writted this before but the people running the country are a dead set joke!!!!

Anyone see that senator from WA give G.W Abbott a verbal bashing in parliment? Thought it was gold...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:26 pm

yes Work Choices have been on the cards for a long time

but its disappointing that penalty rates are on the table to be cut, when penalty rates are in place as compensation for working unsociable hours

I know this is a federal topic, but it may have an impact locally - although unlikely to stop the inevitable.

get rid of penalty rates for night shift and ill just go on centrelink - thanks Tony!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Bully » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:07 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Q. wrote:

But it can't be, i was told i was crazy when i said they'd bring that back from the Abbott lovers on here... i know i've writted this before but the people running the country are a dead set joke!!!!

Anyone see that senator from WA give G.W Abbott a verbal bashing in parliment? Thought it was gold...

yeah, its about all they can come up with also. Sticks and stones
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby blueandwhite » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:21 pm

yes its certainly payback time now and Rupert will reap the rewards of years of smashing Labor with his mouthpieces Jones , Bolt and CO.

But I fear worse is on the horizon...
When the GST was conceived and pushed through after a lovefest between Howard and Meg Lees ,(a decision that was the beginning of the end of the Democrats); it was legislated that the 10% Gst could not be increased unless consented by all State Premiers.
As it stands today the only 2 states with a Labor Gvt in power are SA and Tas, both with elections almost upon us.
Dont tell me that The Mad monk and his sidekick Hockey are salivating at the thought of the next Premiers meeting in Canberra when all seats are filled by Thatcherites. Tony will stand up and say we are going to up the GST by 2%... happy with that?? and they will all nod like those stupid dogs you see in the back window shelves of cars you see.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:08 pm

George Brandis is an utter knob. Every time he opens his mouth something ridiculous comes toppling out.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby scoob » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:43 pm

blueandwhite wrote:yes its certainly payback time now and Rupert will reap the rewards of years of smashing Labor with his mouthpieces Jones , Bolt and CO.

When the GST was conceived and pushed through after a lovefest between Howard and Meg Lees ,(a decision that was the beginning of the end of the Democrats); it was legislated that the 10% Gst could not be increased unless consented by all State Premiers.
As it stands today the only 2 states with a Labor Gvt in power are SA and Tas, both with elections almost upon us.
Dont tell me that The Mad monk and his sidekick Hockey are salivating at the thought of the next Premiers meeting in Canberra when all seats are filled by Thatcherites. Tony will stand up and say we are going to up the GST by 2%... happy with that?? and they will all nod like those stupid dogs you see in the back window shelves of cars you see.

If the ALP weren't so crap at running the states then we wouldn't have to even contemplate this happening. Blame the ALP first and foremost.
scoob
Veteran

Been liked: 87 times

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

An increase in the GST is a good idea if they intend on spending the increased revenue.
Q.
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:56 pm

seems Tasmania has gone to the libs. Possible SA to the libs also.

Seems the scare campaign against the liberals has not worked ;)
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Q. wrote:An increase in the GST is a good idea if they intend on spending the increased revenue.

ACT is still Labor. Although the libs could change the legislation so states and territories don't have to vote yes.

Seems like the dogs are barking, so it could be on the cards. Mismanaged state governments leading the chorus.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:32 pm

blueandwhite wrote:yes its certainly payback time now and Rupert will reap the rewards of years of smashing Labor with his mouthpieces Jones , Bolt and CO.

Lets not forget it was Paul Keating who first proposed introducing a federal GST, even though he backed down under pressure from others in the ALP.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby bennymacca » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:38 pm

i dont think many people, with the benefit of hindsight, would say the GST was a bad thing imo. small raising of it too wouldn't be a bad thing.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:38 pm

LOL. It never crossed the Libs minds before Keating.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics