Carlton Season 2012

Talk on the national game

Carlton Season 2012

Postby Turbo » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 pm

All thing Blues for the next 12 months.
Can they make the top 4? Challenge for the flag? Genuine contender?
I reckon the window has now opened. Fire away..
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Re: Carlton Season 2012

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 am

For us to push for the premiership next season;

Need Watson to step up.

Need to win games at Etihad.

Need Warnock to start imposing himself more around the ground.

Need everyone to stay fit again. Problem was, Judd, Murphy, Simpson all played every game. You'd expect one or two of those guys to miss games in 2012 meaning we have to have the depth to cover them. Depth we don't necessarily have. I'd hope that they rest Judd, Murphy, Simpson and a few others when we play GWS - depending on where it falls in the season of course.

Need Kruezer to cement a place forward and stay fit.

Need Waite to stay fit.

Need Walker to have another season like this one.

Need Jeffery and Eddie to maintain their form.

Need Yarran to have a stellar season off half back.

Chances of this all happening in the one season, AND have Geelong, Collingwood, WCE and Hawks drop away slightly..........not probable.

Geelong were able to rest and rotate guys througout the year. We weren't. They had depth in every position, we didn't. At our best we can push them, but we have to get there and IMO the trip (getting there) is the main propblem for us.

Top 4 for us if things go our way but still a bit off pushing for the premiership IMO.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Dirko » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 am

Pretty well summed it up gadg.

However Simmo hasn't missed a game since Round 15 2005 8) How a bloke built like him and goes at the footy like he does can play so many consecutive games has me beat.

I think Hammer will play forward a fair bit this year. Apparently Ratten has already told him he'll be groomed for a role up front.

I also think our midfield depth is OK. Curnow will be the one I'm looking forward to getting a gig next season. Was in our top 5 in the B & F before he was injured. Lucas needs a big pre-season and he'll play most of the year too.

Hendo will stay down back. He was good last season down there and with a full pre-season under his belt will be a good tall along with Jamo.

A top 4 spot beckons, but I still think we're a season or 2 away from a real push.
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pup » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 am

SJABC wrote:Pretty well summed it up gadg.

However Simmo hasn't missed a game since Round 15 2005 8) How a bloke built like him and goes at the footy like he does can play so many consecutive games has me beat.

I think Hammer will play forward a fair bit this year. Apparently Ratten has already told him he'll be groomed for a role up front.

I also think our midfield depth is OK. Curnow will be the one I'm looking forward to getting a gig next season. Was in our top 5 in the B & F before he was injured. Lucas needs a big pre-season and he'll play most of the year too.

Hendo will stay down back. He was good last season down there and with a full pre-season under his belt will be a good tall along with Jamo.

A top 4 spot beckons, but I still think we're a season or 2 away from a real push.

Will you have missed the boat by then though?

I think you need to win a premiership while Judd, Scotland and co are running around.

Yes terrific midfield depth but until you get some depth in the KPP areas then i think they will only be just around the mark like this year. Big fan off Watson though, once he puts on some beef he will be a super player.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Season or 2 away? Turn it up. You got rid of Kennedy for Judd and you gave Fev the arse because he's a loose cannon. End result? Gun midfield with no one to kick it to. Unless you invent a cloning maching and turn out a couple of fit Waites it won't happen.

Said it before and I'll say it again...Judd will not fly a Blue flag.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Carlton Season 2012

Postby Turbo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Season or 2 away? Turn it up. You got rid of Kennedy for Judd and you gave Fev the arse because he's a loose cannon. End result? Gun midfield with no one to kick it to. Unless you invent a cloning maching and turn out a couple of fit Waites it won't happen.

regards,

REB

Judd may not but he has had a massive influence on Carlton's resurgence. In fact I reckon Murphy will begin to take over as the dominant player in our side.
Bottom line we didn't beat any of the top 4 last year even though we should've. Should've beaten Geelong, hit the post 8 times in a slim loss to collingwood in our second meeting, and only just lost in the semi to west coast. I understand a loss is a loss but we are on the improve. A few younger taller players to get more game time. 2011 was a good year seeing as though many people had us struggling to make the 8.
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Media Park » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:56 am

You can wax lyrical all day about Judd, Waite, Marc Murphy, and a little fella by the name of Bryce Gibbs, but these fellas being up, fit, and firing hasn't won you enough games to be a real contender... Yet.

Unless Carlton are going to become the first team ever to win the premiership with four players, you need the lesser lights to step up- simple as that.

Walker had a break out year, as did Yarran, they need to keep it going. Not necessarily improve, but stay consistently at the level they acheived. Dennis Armfield and Mitch Robinson have promised a fair bit in the games I have seen in the last two years, but have not consistently gotten the job done- those are the type players that need to lift and have more on-field successes for Carlton to ascend the Premiership.

Problema: Kreuzer, Warnock and Jamison work out to about one AFL ruckman between them, and the first mention of Kreuzer on this thread was to get a spot up forward? Bollocks, he's your best ruck!!
Stupidest delisting of 2011 from any club, Setanta O'Hailipin. Here was your full forward. Rough around the edges sure, not a polished AFL player, but a guy who could mark out of full forward, or spill it to your crumbers, Betts and Gartlett, and he could kick goals. But he's gone.
If we delisted Mark Blake, I hope you guys have an eye on him, because that's the only way you can have your Kreuzer man up forward- with a new ready made AFL ruckman coming into the team.
Otherwise Walker's an undersized FF at best...

Love the Blues, but sorry, slide has started.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Dirko » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:19 am

Media Park wrote:Love the Blues, but sorry, slide has started.

Must be the reason why you put them top in your ladder prediction 20 odd days ago... :lol:
Dirko
Coach

Postby Dirko » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:21 am

Media Park wrote: Problema: Kreuzer, Warnock and Jamison work out to about one AFL ruckman between them, and the first mention of Kreuzer on this thread was to get a spot up forward? Bollocks, he's your best ruck!!

:lol:

Dude Jamison is our Full Back. Shaun Hampson is our other ruckman.
Dirko
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:01 pm

SJABC wrote:
Media Park wrote: Problema: Kreuzer, Warnock and Jamison work out to about one AFL ruckman between them, and the first mention of Kreuzer on this thread was to get a spot up forward? Bollocks, he's your best ruck!!

:lol:

Dude Jamison is our Full Back. Shaun Hampson is our other ruckman.

yeah was a ridiciolous post :oops:
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Carlton Season 2012

Postby Turbo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Media Park wrote:You can wax lyrical all day about Judd, Waite, Marc Murphy, and a little fella by the name of Bryce Gibbs, but these fellas being up, fit, and firing hasn't won you enough games to be a real contender... Yet.

Unless Carlton are going to become the first team ever to win the premiership with four players, you need the lesser lights to step up- simple as that.

Walker had a break out year, as did Yarran, they need to keep it going. Not necessarily improve, but stay consistently at the level they acheived. Dennis Armfield and Mitch Robinson have promised a fair bit in the games I have seen in the last two years, but have not consistently gotten the job done- those are the type players that need to lift and have more on-field successes for Carlton to ascend the Premiership.

Problema: Kreuzer, Warnock and Jamison work out to about one AFL ruckman between them, and the first mention of Kreuzer on this thread was to get a spot up forward? Bollocks, he's your best ruck!!
Stupidest delisting of 2011 from any club, Setanta O'Hailipin. Here was your full forward. Rough around the edges sure, not a polished AFL player, but a guy who could mark out of full forward, or spill it to your crumbers, Betts and Gartlett, and he could kick goals. But he's gone.
If we delisted Mark Blake, I hope you guys have an eye on him, because that's the only way you can have your Kreuzer man up forward- with a new ready made AFL ruckman coming into the team.

A post about a team that you have limited knowledge about is the most obvious assessment
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Johno6 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:28 pm

lol, i thought it was a diff jamison,
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Turbo wrote:
Media Park wrote:You can wax lyrical all day about Judd, Waite, Marc Murphy, and a little fella by the name of Bryce Gibbs, but these fellas being up, fit, and firing hasn't won you enough games to be a real contender... Yet.

A post about a team that you have limited knowledge about is the most obvious assessment

Doesn't even know about his own team! :lol:

Blake retired.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Pup » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:34 pm

And why the hell would anyone go near that spud.
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Turbo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Season or 2 away? Turn it up. You got rid of Kennedy for Judd and you gave Fev the arse because he's a loose cannon. End result? Gun midfield with no one to kick it to. Unless you invent a cloning maching and turn out a couple of fit Waites it won't happen.

regards,

REB

Judd may not but he has had a massive influence on Carlton's resurgence. In fact I reckon Murphy will begin to take over as the dominant player in our side.
Bottom line we didn't beat any of the top 4 last year even though we should've. Should've beaten Geelong, hit the post 8 times in a slim loss to collingwood in our second meeting, and only just lost in the semi to west coast. I understand a loss is a loss but we are on the improve. A few younger taller players to get more game time. 2011 was a good year seeing as though many people had us struggling to make the 8.

I reckon they were aiming to win a final which they did. Obviously the Blues will one day win a premiership but I'm convinced one C Judd will not be in the votes. Your problem remains your talls.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby stan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:38 am

Turbo wrote:

regards,

REB

Struggling to make the 8, thats bullshit most people had your guys in the top 4 this year. Not struggling to make the 8. All the talent you have you should be making the top 4.

Yeah you guys have have some issues with Talls, but I reckon your defence is getting better fast with Jamison and either using young Watson down there or Henderson as the other tall. Both those kids will develop into decent defenders. The big issue is the forward line. Waite is good but needs some help. I still reckon you guys should have chased Gunston harder in my opionn and also use Kruzer up forward with Warnock and Hampson in the Ruck.

Still in saying all of that you guys should have made the 4 this season in muy opinion and I will probably tip you guys to be around the mark next year as well.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Carlton Season 2012

Postby Turbo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:47 pm

stan wrote:
Turbo wrote:

regards,

REB

Struggling to make the 8, thats bullshit most people had your guys in the top 4 this year. Not struggling to make the 8. All the talent you have you should be making the top 4.

Yeah you guys have have some issues with Talls, but I reckon your defence is getting better fast with Jamison and either using young Watson down there or Henderson as the other tall. Both those kids will develop into decent defenders. The big issue is the forward line. Waite is good but needs some help. I still reckon you guys should have chased Gunston harder in my opionn and also use Kruzer up forward with Warnock and Hampson in the Ruck.

Still in saying all of that you guys should have made the 4 this season in muy opinion and I will probably tip you guys to be around the mark next year as well.

Look back at the 2011 ladder prediction thread. Most had us 7th or below
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby RustyCage » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:56 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/chris-judd-shoulder-injury-scare/story-e6frf9jf-1226210695453

CARLTON captain Chris Judd will miss a month of pre-season training after being booked for shoulder surgery.

The Blues this morning said Judd will have "minor surgery next week" and will resume full training in January.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Carlton Season 2012

Postby the joker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:36 pm

Caro said on 5aa that there is more to judds injury than what Carlton are saying. She thinks there is a chance he may need a full reconstruction and may miss 4 months
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Carlton Season 2012

Postby Turbo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:06 pm

There is always a chance of anything. Lets hope not anyway.
With caro involved its more the case of a chance she is full of shit.
Turbo
League - Top 5

Next

Board index   Football  AFL