2%
Pembroke
No votes
Portland
8%

Total votes : 50

2012 Division C2

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 am

Well we have the sides done and the schedule in. Lets see how this goes for this year. ANy comments on how your side is fairing this early in the year. How are you getting ready with Trials etc. Our club does not do C grade trial games. Last year we joined the C and B grades and it seemed to work ok. Myself, i like the prospects of getting your side together early and get ready for the season ahead.

As of Friday 2nd March the Teams in this Div are:

Port Districts
SHOC
Hope Valley
Unley
Athelstone
Adel. Lutheran
Seaton
Pooraka
Pembroke
Portland
Last edited by SATCHEL on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Re: 2012 Division C2

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Looking into what should be an exciting year of C2 Footy. Round 1 Sat 14th April below is as follows:

Seaton Ramblers vs Pembroke OS
at Pedler Reserve 10:15

Portland vs Port District
Port REserve 10:15

Hope Valley vs Unley Mercedes Jets
Hope Valley Oval 2:15

Sacred Heart OC vs Athelstone
Sacred Heart Middle School 2:15

Adelaide Lutheran vs Pooraka
South Parklands 2:15
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Having a quick glance at the fixture I think we have triple headers against Portland and that's it, which personally I think is good.
Having struggled competively in the past few years I think this looks a better comp for our C grade and will be confident of a finals berth.
I think The Raggies would have to be a decent side coming from Div7 and Sacred Heart's E grade from C6 last year to C2 seems a jump but we know they have good depth out there. Looking forward to the year, if I can get out on the track.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 pm

LMA wrote:Having a quick glance at the fixture I think we have triple headers against Portland and that's it, which personally I think is good.
Having struggled competively in the past few years I think this looks a better comp for our C grade and will be confident of a finals berth.
I think The Raggies would have to be a decent side coming from Div7 and Sacred Heart's E grade from C6 last year to C2 seems a jump but we know they have good depth out there. Looking forward to the year, if I can get out on the track.

Don't forget that their E grade only came in after 5 or so rounds into the season so HAD to go in C6, it was no reflection on the ability of the players, after all it's SHOC :lol:

Districts wouldnt consider Triple headers against sides that aren't in their div??
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby kickinit » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Good luck satchel for the year if you guys can improve on last year you should have a very good year. Hopefully I can get out and have a look
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm

It might not mean much but ive been having a look at the reulsts form last year in relation to final position and wins on the noard at the end of the minor round. Some interesting results seeing this was meant to be about last years results and how competative sides will be under this new format

Port Districts C1 10th 1 win
SHOC C6 3rd 11 wins
Hope Valley C5 3rd 10 wins
Unley C4 2nd 13 wins
Athelstone Wasnt sure where to look on this one
Adel. Lutheran C5 2nd 12 wins
Seaton C3 6th 6 wins
Pooraka C3 7th 6 wins
Pembroke C3 8th 5 wins
Portland C3 4th 13 wins
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
LMA wrote:Having a quick glance at the fixture I think we have triple headers against Portland and that's it, which personally I think is good.

Don't forget that their E grade only came in after 5 or so rounds into the season so HAD to go in C6, it was no reflection on the ability of the players, after all it's SHOC :lol:

Districts wouldnt consider Triple headers against sides that aren't in their div??

I know. Young and very fit :roll: what are they doing here
LMA
Coach

Postby catchisthecry » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:59 pm

SATCHEL wrote:Looking into what should be an exciting year of C2 Footy. Round 1 Sat 14th April below is as follows:

Seaton Ramblers vs Pembroke OS
at Pedler Reserve 10:15

Portland vs Port District
Port REserve 10:15

Hope Valley vs Unley Mercedes Jets
Hope Valley Oval 2:15

Sacred Heart OC vs Athelstone
Sacred Heart Middle School 2:15

Adelaide Lutheran vs Pooraka
South Parklands 2:15

Even tho they are not "triple headers" bacuase As and Bs are in different grades... why wouldn't eg. Unley v Hope Valley be played at 10.15 at one of the grounds?? Then it is a triple header for one of the teams and the other team can get to watch their As at 2.15.

I know 8-10 of Unleys premiership "veterans" have definitely retired.
Will be a younger, inexperienced side next year.
catchisthecry
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby lutz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Athelstone don't seem to have lost many players (having looked at their clearences), so i would expect them to be VERY strong in this comp. They should have a lot fo depth and a lot of players to choose from. Anything other than a top 2 finish would be a disappointment for them imo.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Even tho they are not "triple headers" bacuase As and Bs are in different grades... why wouldn't eg. Unley v Hope Valley be played at 10.15 at one of the grounds??

Yes, that's the plan....

I know you guys are fairly keen on triple headers...
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Double P » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:09 pm

lutz wrote:Athelstone don't seem to have lost many players (having looked at their clearences), so i would expect them to be VERY strong in this comp. They should have a lot fo depth and a lot of players to choose from. Anything other than a top 2 finish would be a disappointment for them imo.

Well Big David Harris Ex premiership player in the A,B and D gardes will be lining up at Full forward so i cant see Athelstone missing out on the top 3. You can pencil in 80 gaols there just hopefully the body holds up.
Double P

Been liked: 0 time

Postby bench coach » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Don't know who you are Double P but if Dave harrisssss could kick 80 goals this year it will be from his couch at home. He is old and that close to being a has been it's not funny.
bench coach

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Double P » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm

bench coach wrote:Don't know who you are Double P but if Dave harrisssss could kick 80 goals this year it will be from his couch at home. He is old and that close to being a has been it's not funny.

From what i hearing he is looking fit and strong this year. People are even saying he has grown some hair back.

he played 1 game last year in Div 7 and kicked 4 goals in a half. David Harris the 3 time premiership player will be very handy at full forward IMO.

His Electrifying pace will frighten the Full Backs.
Double P

Postby bench coach » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Double P wrote:
bench coach wrote:Don't know who you are Double P but if Dave harrisssss could kick 80 goals this year it will be from his couch at home. He is old and that close to being a has been it's not funny.

From what i hearing he is looking fit and strong this year. People are even saying he has grown some hair back.

he played 1 game last year in Div 7 and kicked 4 goals in a half. David Harris the 3 time premiership player will be very handy at full forward IMO.

His Electrifying pace will frighten the Full Backs.

Cliff young could beat this bloke in a foot race. :lol:
bench coach

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:02 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Even tho they are not "triple headers" bacuase As and Bs are in different grades... why wouldn't eg. Unley v Hope Valley be played at 10.15 at one of the grounds??

Yes, that's the plan....

Yes that we wanted the league to do, now we have to have to spend all out time to get the the draw correct.( if we want triple headers) Lucky we are paid such big dollars and have to stop our busy lives to sort this out and it was mentioned on the saafl site by the ceo!!! that all games would be a 10.15am.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby kickinit » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:52 am

why would the saafl put all games at 10.15. You keep the game times as usual and if both teams agree to playing triple headers then you get it changed. Why should another team be force to play at 10.15 if they don't want to or can't because players work early saturday morning.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yes, that's the plan....

Yes that we wanted the league to do, now we have to have to spend all out time to get the the draw correct.( if we want triple headers) Lucky we are paid such big dollars and have to stop our busy lives to sort this out and it was mentioned on the saafl site by the ceo!!! that all games would be a 10.15am.

So the draw is only correct if you get what you want :(( Had enough of this whinge last year
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:05 pm

kickinit wrote:why would the saafl put all games at 10.15. You keep the game times as usual and if both teams agree to playing triple headers then you get it changed. Why should another team be force to play at 10.15 if they don't want to or can't because players work early saturday morning.

The folk at Hope Valley don't understand that kickinit
LMA
Coach

Postby Darth Demon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Yes, that's the plan....

A Triple Header at Unley in Round 1 would be a good move - prior to our local A4 Derby against Scotch OC.

Then we can return the favour in Round 10, when Valleys take on Rossies at the foot of Black Hill.

Crank the Barbies Up, put the cans on ice and let the games begin......Sounds like a Plan!
Please, PM me or Jetters to exchange the relevant President/Coaches contact phone numbers and see if it can happen if it hasn't already 8)
Darth Demon
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby S Demon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:32 am

LMA wrote:
kickinit wrote:why would the saafl put all games at 10.15. You keep the game times as usual and if both teams agree to playing triple headers then you get it changed. Why should another team be force to play at 10.15 if they don't want to or can't because players work early saturday morning.

The folk at Hope Valley don't understand that kickinit

If that were the case, why do we already have 4 x 10.15 games scheduled?

All we wanted was the games that involved clubs happy to have triple headers scheduled in the draw, like we thought was going to happen. The rest can stay as normal and be negotiated like you said. Pretty simple really, I'm sure the folk at Pt District can keep up
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League