Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

Postby dedja » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Kerls on next ... good move before he goes completely senile
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby dedja » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 pm

Kerls ... Brilliant, hasn't changed a bit
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:49 pm

Ricky Nixon was way more interesting.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 pm

dedja wrote:Kerls ... Brilliant, hasn't changed a bit

I grew up hating Kerley, but geez, he seems like a real honest, straight as a tack, bloke's bloke. I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's episode.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Ted E Bear » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 am

Kerls rated himself abit I thought
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Ricky Nixon was way more interesting.

You have to be kidding me. A football icon full of interesting stories or a bullshit artist who is full of himself and had very little truth to offer.

I don't want what your smoking ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 am

Ted E Bear wrote:Kerls rated himself abit I thought

Every right to. Look at what he did in his career.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5487 times
Been liked: 5125 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Missed the first 5 mins, but enjoyed the episode with Vossy last night. Was such a brilliant footballer it's easy to forget that sometimes, when he's been surrounded by Black, Aker, Lappin, Power and co.

Whilst Vossy was perhaps the smoother mover of the two, always thought there was a lot of similarity between him and Paul Kelly -
Both rugged and hard at it, play tall, courage personified.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4461 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stampy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:39 pm

cam mooney was on tonight, said he was offered $750k over 3 years to play at port at the end of 2001 and was ready to sign but changed his mind when they took him for a drive around adelaide, puts into perspective how hard it is to attract non south australian talent from interstate
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby valleys07 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Love him or hate him- ripping interview with Cam Mooney I thought.

Its easy to forget his transformation between 2006 and 2007- he went from an almost wasted talent to arguably one of the best forwards in the comp in the space of 18 months- Forever getting rubbed out and failing to realise his importance in a goliath of a team, that itself took a while to realise just how good a side bomber had accumulated, to all australian and premiership player. Phenominal transformation and proves just how good a culture the likes of Harley, Scarleett and co. created in such a short space of time.

Really surprised to hear that Port were chasing him at the end of season 2002 (would have been handy in that side just quietly), and loved his openness concerning the personal guilt he carried (and still does) over the 2008 grand final.

Hated him as a player- not sure what I hated more, is arrogance and stupidity, or the fact he became so bloody good in a side that still gives me the shits :lol:, but have to say I enjoy him in the media.

Some really good episodes already this year!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:05 am

valleys07 wrote:Love him or hate him- ripping interview with Cam Mooney I thought.

Its easy to forget his transformation between 2006 and 2007- he went from an almost wasted talent to arguably one of the best forwards in the comp in the space of 18 months- Forever getting rubbed out and failing to realise his importance in a goliath of a team, that itself took a while to realise just how good a side bomber had accumulated, to all australian and premiership player. Phenominal transformation and proves just how good a culture the likes of Harley, Scarleett and co. created in such a short space of time.

Really surprised to hear that Port were chasing him at the end of season 2002 (would have been handy in that side just quietly), and loved his openness concerning the personal guilt he carried (and still does) over the 2008 grand final.

Hated him as a player- not sure what I hated more, is arrogance and stupidity, or the fact he became so bloody good in a side that still gives me the shits :lol:, but have to say I enjoy him in the media.

Mike is really scraping the barrel now
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:07 am

The only thing Mooney was famous for was being in the right place at the right time, both at North Melbourne and Geelong, amazed that Geelong tolerated him for so long.
dedja
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm

dedja wrote:The only thing Mooney was famous for was being in the right place at the right time, both at North Melbourne and Geelong, amazed that Geelong tolerated him for so long.

Tolerated? We relied on Mooney. When our midfield was a bunch of kids Mooney was thrown forward, back and into the Ruck to plug the many gaps we gad in our side.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:23 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
valleys07 wrote:Love him or hate him- ripping interview with Cam Mooney I thought.

Haters gotta hate. Thought a flag might have cheered you up a bit.

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
dedja wrote:The only thing Mooney was famous for was being in the right place at the right time, both at North Melbourne and Geelong, amazed that Geelong tolerated him for so long.

Tolerated? We relied on Mooney. When our midfield was a bunch of kids Mooney was thrown forward, back and into the Ruck to plug the many gaps we gad in our side.

Regards,

REB

Maybe, but he was up and down like a yo-yo.

Never rated him but I'm obviously a shithouse judge. :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Haters gotta hate. Thought a flag might have cheered you up a bit.

Regards,

REB

Just like the Hawks im not happy with one flag.
Back to Back!!!
Good to see order has been restored and we are back to being your bitches again
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby dedja » Tue May 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Kossie was alright.

True to form comes to the interview with a scrape on his head after falling of his bike.
dedja
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Liked the Des tuddenham interview......hard bastard! Interesting career.

Didnt want to talk about his private life though and for good reason.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby test » Wed May 07, 2014 3:49 am

tigerpie wrote:Liked the Des tuddenham interview......hard bastard! Interesting career.

Hard indeed, the old man still blames him for costing us the 1970 flag when he ran into Peter McKenna!

Are the episodes on you tube????
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby tigerpie » Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 am

test wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Liked the Des tuddenham interview......hard bastard! Interesting career.

Hard indeed, the old man still blames him for costing us the 1970 flag when he ran into Peter McKenna!

Are the episodes on you tube????

Yep...interesting viewing thats for sure.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL