Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:42 am

Booney wrote:Don't ever let anyone tell you that beer isn't a breakfast drink either.

The thought of a beer right now is somewhat disturbing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7941 times

by Booney » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Don't ever let anyone tell you that beer isn't a breakfast drink either.

The thought of a beer right now is somewhat arousing.

There mate, fixed. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Ew, I just wouldn't be able to stomach one right now, I'm a bit under the weather.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:18 am

I have three pubs within a minute's walk from my office.
I'm not having a bad day, but I could so easily head out now for one or more.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

by Spargo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:55 am

I have a can in the shower most nights- love it.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5514 times
Been liked: 5149 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by Booney » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Ew, I just wouldn't be able to stomach one right now, I'm a bit under the weather.

Me too. But I'm panting for one.

( My local currently has $5.50 Sparkling stubbies over the bar, a punters club I'm in gives you a card buy 4 get one free. Got away from work early yesterday and knocked the 4 over and took advantage of the free one, then a couple of Jacks and Dry at home....wish it was Saturday today )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
Me too. But I'm panting for one.

( My local currently has $5.50 Sparkling stubbies over the bar, a punters club I'm in gives you a card buy 4 get one free. Got away from work early yesterday and knocked the 4 over and took advantage of the free one, then a couple of Jacks and Dry at home....wish it was Saturday today )

I'd rather have my hangovers at work LOL.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:02 am

Spargo wrote:I have a can in the shower most nights- love it.

That was one of my favourite things are playing footy/cricket. Shower and a beer. Brilliant.

*Not so brilliant was avoiding @Bigsexy and his towel dick flicks.
Dogwatcher
Coach

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 am

Spargo wrote:I have a can in the shower most nights- love it.

What about a beer?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by Spargo » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:09 am

True story;
I know a bloke who got up at 5am for work, showered and grabbed what he thought was a can of coke out the fridge on the way out they front door.
It was a beer. He drank it anyway. He thought it didn't taste too bad so he had another & then another.
He then rang in sick, demolished the remains of the fridge, cooked bacon & eggs and went back to bed.
He told us what he'd done that night at the pub when he came to have his second session of the day with us :lol:
Legendary.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5514 times
Been liked: 5149 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

by Booney » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:19 am

Spargo wrote:True story;
I know a bloke who got up at 5am for work, showered and grabbed what he thought was a can of coke out the fridge on the way out they front door.
It was a beer. He drank it anyway. He thought it didn't taste too bad so he had another & then another.
He then rang in sick, demolished the remains of the fridge, cooked bacon & eggs and went back to bed.
He told us what he'd done that night at the pub when he came to have his second session of the day with us :lol:
Legendary.

Lads weekend away every year ( which is next weekend! ) to Quorn for the Quorn Cup. Balcony on the Transcontinental Hotel, several years ago now, mate and I had 6 Pale's each before breakfast on the Saturday morning.

Love those sorts of stories. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by Failed Creation » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 am

As a teenager, I proudly wore a trucker cap that said "BEER: Not just for breakfast".

I wish I still had it.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3308 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:31 am

Booney wrote:
Legendary.

Lads weekend away every year ( which is next weekend! ) to Quorn for the Quorn Cup. Balcony on the Transcontinental Hotel, several years ago now, mate and I had 6 Pale's each before breakfast on the Saturday morning.

A group of friends used to go to Tickera each Easter as well as a couple of other pivotal times throughout the year.

Beer was the only beverage I'd take, 3 slabs for the weekend and if I felt like a change I'd have a box of Cougar cans on standby, I'd probably sleep from 4am to 8am, the rest of the time was with a beer in hand. It's weird, never really felt drunk either.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

by bennymacca » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Legendary.

A group of friends used to go to Tickera each Easter as well as a couple of other pivotal times throughout the year.

Beer was the only beverage I'd take, 3 slabs for the weekend and if I felt like a change I'd have a box of Cougar cans on standby, I'd probably sleep from 4am to 8am, the rest of the time was with a beer in hand. It's weird, never really felt drunk either.

It's amazing how much you can drink if you pace yourself from breakfast time haha.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

by Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:53 am

Booney wrote:
Legendary.

Sounds like my annual Loxton Fart Club trip. ^^^

On my recent trip to Melbourne I popped a bottle of red at 7am on Saturday morning, not bad given we had got in at 3.
The other boys didn't join me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

by Dogwatcher » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:57 am

Legendary.

I'll raise you:
One of my best mates is an accountant. He loves a beer/scotch but anything illegal's not his bag. He was living with two brothers who were right into pharmaceuticals. Being a proper bachelor pad, all three were pretty casual about dishes and cleaning up. Anyway, my mate, being a workaholic got up at six and went into work. As he was going he scraped together some toast, using a knife sitting on the bench. About 30 minutes later, he started to feel a bit weird and spacey. Things were moving around his office a little and he was feeling like he could knock off all the work he had assigned for the day. His flat mates had been using the butter knife to cut up speed the night before...
Dogwatcher
Coach

by OnSong » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:59 am

This thread has become an Open Mike for everyone. I kind of like it more.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 532 times
Been liked: 551 times

by Booney » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Legendary.

I'll raise you:
One of my best mates is an accountant. He loves a beer/scotch but anything illegal's not his bag. He was living with two brothers who were right into pharmaceuticals. Being a proper bachelor pad, all three were pretty casual about dishes and cleaning up. Anyway, my mate, being a workaholic got up at six and went into work. As he was going he scraped together some toast, using a knife sitting on the bench. About 30 minutes later, he started to feel a bit weird and spacey. Things were moving around his office a little and he was feeling like he could knock off all the work he had assigned for the day. His flat mates had been using the butter knife to cut up speed the night before...

Stop the thread!

Winner winner chicken dinner. :lol: :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

by JK » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Legendary.

I'll raise you:

Good thing he ate, because he wouldn't have been hungry again for a while
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

by Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:05 pm

bennymacca wrote:
It's amazing how much you can drink if you pace yourself from breakfast time haha.

One of my mates was always spasticated by 4pm and still kept going til all hours with the occasional stumble into the bonfire that we'd have to pull him out of, his wife used to make him sleep in a one man tent thing miles away from her deluxe campervan.
One Easter Sunday we were having brekky and he was still snoring away, a few kids from a couple of blocks away were doing an egg hunt when we heard on e of the girls say "Don't go down there, there's a dog growling", they were about 80 metres away from him.
We call him the chainsaw.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL