Open Mike

Talk on the national game

Re: Open Mike

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:22 am

cennals05 wrote:Yes any guy that glasses his girlfriend deserves our respect.

He also deserves a chance to right his wrongs. Don't you think?

As I said, "respect him more than I previously did".
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby cennals05 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 am

Booney wrote:

He can right his wrongs out of the media. Until we stop rewarding cowardly men with cushy jobs we are never going to solve our VAW problem.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:48 am

cennals05 wrote:
Booney wrote:

He can right his wrongs out of the media. Until we stop rewarding cowardly men with cushy jobs we are never going to solve our VAW problem.

That's a long bow.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:

It's hard to forgive a guy that continually f**** up and pretends everything is rosey.

He's owed one of my mates a massive amount of money from a failed business attempt and has wiped his hands with him pretty much, keeps saying he'll get it sorted but I'm sure he has no intention to.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Booney » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm certainly not calling him a Saint, clearly he's working on lots of his mistakes and has plenty left to work on beyond that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Wasn't really a fan of this episode. The end of the day it's his story to tell but to me it makes no sense coming out now and doing it. Didn't see Graham Cornes come out and talk about Tony McGuinness with so much spite. Not that I know what he is or has done personally but it seems to me like he needs some form of further counselling himself. It's not good for your health to hold on to such an opinion for so long.

That's just my personal way to look at it.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Wasn't really a fan of this episode. The end of the day it's his story to tell but to me it makes no sense coming out now and doing it. Didn't see Graham Cornes come out and talk about Tony McGuinness with so much spite. Not that I know what he is or has done personally but it seems to me like he needs some form of further counselling himself. It's not good for your health to hold on to such an opinion for so long.

Yeah its a tough one.

Sounds like Stevens cant handle that Carey has gone on with his life and now has a good job, obviously Stevens is bitter about this.

Maybe he did the interview more out of spite and anger towards Carey.

To be fair though if that had happened to me it would test the absolute limits of how much damage i could do to a person.

Is their a greater act of betrayal???
Last edited by whufc on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:37 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Wasn't really a fan of this episode. The end of the day it's his story to tell but to me it makes no sense coming out now and doing it. Didn't see Graham Cornes come out and talk about Tony McGuinness with so much spite. Not that I know what he is or has done personally but it seems to me like he needs some form of further counselling himself. It's not good for your health to hold on to such an opinion for so long.

I think the difference is, losing a friendship might be hard but losing a friendship and your marriage at the same time, in those circumstances would be really hard.

But I agree there is still a lot of bitterness.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:43 pm

I don't doubt it. But if you suspected the issues were occurring for so long then you obviously had issues with your own relationship in the first place for this to occur. It's a bloody tough one but if these people didn't take your feelings in to consideration whilst this was happening and eventually were apologetic after they got caught then why waste your energy to carry so much hate considering they didn't give a **** about you whilst it occurred.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Spargo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Unless you've been in the same situation, whilst you're more than entitled opinion - you've no idea how Stevo feels, felt or why he really did the interview.
The fact Anthony's motives/reasons for doing the interview are being questioned is more than a little incredulous to me.
Bitterness? He's entitled to feel this for as long as he likes. Betrayed by his mate who was a dog and his wife who was a slut.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:20 pm

Fair point Spargo. As I mentioned it's his story to tell, but being bitter for such a long period won't make your life any better and it's not fair to continue everyday life living with such bitterness because of the scenarios that played out. But as you said it's his life and who am I to tell him how he should feel. It's just an opinion as you pointed out.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Spargo wrote:Unless you've been in the same situation, whilst you're more than entitled opinion - you've no idea how Stevo feels, felt or why he really did the interview.
The fact Anthony's motives/reasons for doing the interview are being questioned is more than a little incredulous to me.
Bitterness? He's entitled to feel this for as long as he likes. Betrayed by his mate who was a dog and his wife who was a slut.

I had a mate who close mate did the dirty on him with his partner of 10 years and he very subtly but certainly found out.

That night he numbed himself and took a large concealed steel pole to the a$$holes work where he worked on the front desk and politely asked where he was. He had called in sick that night. The greatest sick day ever as he would have ruined his life that night. The next day the sun came up and he thanked God for being so lucky that he had a chance to move forward. I have no doubt the betrayal, lies and deception laced with the rage and poor decision making would have made him commit a horrific crime and there was no way really to stop him but Ultimately luckily he didn't. It took time but he moved on. What they did was the c$nt act but he was the one who would have suffered

What those a$$holes did was enough to break a man or send him over the edge, they are lucky Stevo took it as well as he did. I know for some it's enough to tip them over the edge. Can't really blame him for being a bit bitter
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:47 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Spargo wrote:Unless you've been in the same situation, whilst you're more than entitled opinion - you've no idea how Stevo feels, felt or why he really did the interview.

I had a mate who close mate did the dirty on him with his partner of 10 years and he very subtly but certainly found out.

That night he numbed himself and took a large concealed steel pole to the a$$holes work where he worked on the front desk and politely asked where he was. He had called in sick that night. The greatest sick day ever as he would have ruined his life that night. The next day the sun came up and he thanked God for being so lucky that he had a chance to move forward. I have no doubt the betrayal, lies and deception laced with the rage and poor decision making would have made him commit a horrific crime and there was no way really to stop him but Ultimately luckily he didn't. It took time but he moved on. What they did was the c$nt act but he was the one who would have suffered

What those a$$holes did was enough to break a man or send him over the edge, they are lucky Stevo took it as well as he did. I know for some it's enough to tip them over the edge. Can't really blame him for being a bit bitter

Jesus, that's a chilling story, Wristy. Absolutely chilling.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 am

One of the things I found fascinating early on was the way he referred to Wayne Carey, initially, as "Duck", before correcting himself and addressing him by his christian name.
I also thought he had been reasonably happy to answer the questions about the incident, until the last question, when he looked at Mike Sheahan with the steel that got him through countless footy games. The eyes said, "that's enough" and Mike took the advice.
Disappointingly, in the intro, Sheahan said something about his career now really being known for one thing and this program didn't change that, there was so little focus on his football career. No vision of him lifting the cup and most of the highlights/pics shown were in the context of the Carey Affair.

PS: His brother is always welcome back at the Ponderosa.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:58 am

I didn't watch it, did Stevens stay with Kelly?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I didn't watch it, did Stevens stay with Kelly?

I believe so.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:04 am

For a while.

Seems he hasn't remarried.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 am

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I didn't watch it, did Stevens stay with Kelly?

I believe so.

Yeah for a period of time, can't remember if they mentioned it, but now divorced and not remairried.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:15 am

Yes he mentioned they tried to work through it but in the end divorced.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:32 am

Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL