Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Talk on the national game

Re: Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Postby OnSong » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Slots It Through wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Didn't Crow supporters want Tippett gone near the end of the season??? Why does it matter now that he's decided to leave???

the novice supporters yes. He showed his importance to AFC in the prelim.... unfortunately he has said he is going, nothing we can do. Hopefully we get something good for him!

Put that performance into perspective, he was playing on Shoenmakers, who is regarded as the worst defender in the competition.

Exactly. Even Tomahawk dominated that muppet
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 529 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:51 pm

No great loss for the Crows, onya bike i say, one big whack to the head next year and it's probably bye bye anyway ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3723 times
Been liked: 1176 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:52 pm

locky801 wrote:No great loss for the Crows

Agreed. Collingwood...no!!!!!!!
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby stampy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:37 pm

locky801 wrote:No great loss for the Crows, onya bike i say, one big whack to the head next year and it's probably bye bye anyway ;)

i'm hoping in the first 5 minutes of preseason training
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby locky801 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Posted on facebook under the name of a particular current Crows player, ahh wont mention the comment that was made

77814_10151126644323392_1899537097_o.jpg
77814_10151126644323392_1899537097_o.jpg (97.83 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3723 times
Been liked: 1176 times

Postby dedja » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:36 pm

with love, Tex :-*
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 1002 times

Postby MatteeG » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:29 am

A lot of crows fans saying he is useless need to pull their heads in. He nearly won you a prelim 2 weeks ago.

Treacherous/dishonest/disloyal/overpaid maybe, but he definitely can play.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 am

I'm disapointed he's gone, bloke can play but I'm proud of Dangerfield who has backed the clubs direction in the media. The club is always bigger than the individual and Tippett can't dictate us.
Let's see how trade week pans out....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stampy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:27 am

he couldnt possibly be serious about attending the medal count friday :evil: get ****** mate you have made your bed now go lie in it ****
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 am

Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:35 am

Footy Smart wrote:look like Carlton will enter the race for Tippet

[url]http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149022/default.aspx[/url]

Gibbs and pick 11 thanks Mick......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby The Riddler » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 am

The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:22 am

I think people have to realise that AFL is a profession. Yes Adelaide put a lot of money and effort into getting him to reach his potential (which he is still yet to do), but Adelaide is obviously not the place he wants to be anymore.

Im sure the same fans dont attack the club when they cut players that arent what they're looking for. AFL clubs destroy hundreds of young mens dreams of being a professional footballer every year. When the player is the one making the decision, hes a backstabber, yadda yadda.

If he resigned with the Crows and then came out and played poorly, the fans would be berating the club for spending so much money on a crap player.

In the end its a business. If you had the option to do the same job you're doing now for $250k a year extra, you would do it too. Im not a Crows or Tippet fan, so I guess my point of view from the outside looking in means I dont have emotion clouding my judgement.

Just did a calculation. If Tippet gets $1 million a season, he gets $19,230.77 a week guaranteed for 3 years. Pretty sure most people would move footy clubs for that kind of money. Kurt and his family will be set for life even before signing his next contract.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Johno6 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:23 am

i heard he was going to coach port.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:26 am

@ least the umpire from the prelim final will breathe a sigh of relief. He now wont be number 1 on Crows supporters "To kill" list ;)
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:04 am

HH3 wrote:I think people have to realise that AFL is a profession. Yes Adelaide put a lot of money and effort into getting him to reach his potential (which he is still yet to do), but Adelaide is obviously not the place he wants to be anymore.

Im sure the same fans dont attack the club when they cut players that arent what they're looking for. AFL clubs destroy hundreds of young mens dreams of being a professional footballer every year. When the player is the one making the decision, hes a backstabber, yadda yadda.

If he resigned with the Crows and then came out and played poorly, the fans would be berating the club for spending so much money on a crap player.

In the end its a business. If you had the option to do the same job you're doing now for $250k a year extra, you would do it too. Im not a Crows or Tippet fan, so I guess my point of view from the outside looking in means I dont have emotion clouding my judgement.

Just did a calculation. If Tippet gets $1 million a season, he gets $19,230.77 a week guaranteed for 3 years. Pretty sure most people would move footy clubs for that kind of money. Kurt and his family will be set for life even before signing his next contract.

Well said :ymapplause:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Psyber » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am

This sort of thing is bound to happen once sport is professional, and players are massively overpaid for moving around.
The important thing is to play the interest from other clubs to get the best trade deal for the Crows.
Some players are team people and some are individualists.

I suspect I'd take the money in his position, although I'd be thinking twice about whether to quit while my brain still works..
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 392 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lance's brother » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am

HH3 wrote:I think people have to realise that AFL is a profession. Yes Adelaide put a lot of money and effort into getting him to reach his potential (which he is still yet to do), but Adelaide is obviously not the place he wants to be anymore.

I think a lot of people do understand your point that footy is a profession now and you have a limited amount of time to make your money. I'm a Crows fan and I bear no ill will to Bock or Phil Davis as they got offers that were out of reach of Adelaide to match - Gunston I do, because that wasn't for a better offer, just soft.

People are turning and will turn on Tippett if it comes out that he was lying about wanting to go home and it is just about the money, because people don't like being lied too.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am

I think most Crows supporters can deal with the fact of him leaving IF he goes back to Queensland as thats whats been his issue about re-signing. Talk about him getting $250k more to play else where is rediculous. He was offered $800k a season to stay at Adelaide, so you are saying someone is offering him over $1m a year? Latest I have read is Gold Coast are offering $3.5m over 5 years, thats $700k a season so less than what Adelaide offered him. I think most supporters would take back a few things they have said about him if this turns out to be what happens.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Brad » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:43 am

People move and change all the time, the most famous change was Barassi back in 1964 moving to Carlton!

I can remember being a shattered 8 year old when Andrew Jarman left North at the end of 1989 and went to Norwood, the Crows will get someone in return and could be better off without him then they will be saying Kurt who?
Brad
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL