Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Postby the joker » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Crows will get a good trade.
There are talks in Melbourne that roughead and clarkos relationship is very bad and it could be a three or 4 way trade with crows, hawks and swans
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Rumours that some of the senior players at Sydney are not happy and are seeking a meeting with club officials in the next few days.
Probably a few ruffled feathers by the players who have actually achieved something and a blow in comes along to become their highest paid player.
The decision to sign Tippett would fly in the face of the so called Swans culture, you have a side which has a strong team ethic and mateship and a guy who is not a team player comes in.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby JK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:Rumours that some of the senior players at Sydney are not happy and are seeking a meeting with club officials in the next few days.
Probably a few ruffled feathers by the players who have actually achieved something and a blow in comes along to become their highest paid player.
The decision to sign Tippett would fly in the face of the so called Swans culture, you have a side which has a strong team ethic and mateship and a guy who is not a team player comes in.

I wondered about that also, but then I thought it's maybe not bad business to be planning a replacement for Goodes and coverage for 2nd ruck role and Reid should he suffer another bad patch of form.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 pm

His brother's a Blood, does that help his cause?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:48 pm

JK wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Rumours that some of the senior players at Sydney are not happy and are seeking a meeting with club officials in the next few days.

I wondered about that also, but then I thought it's maybe not bad business to be planning a replacement for Goodes and coverage for 2nd ruck role and Reid should he suffer another bad patch of form.

Goodes aint finished just yet.
Hear that Luke Parker is contemplating a move from the Swans, seems like a kid with a fair bit of talent, couple of Melbourne clubs wouldnt mind getting him
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby the joker » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:52 pm

I can't imagine any players would want to leave the reigning premiers. As for senior players being annoyed, you would have thought that horse would have went to the leadership group and said what they are doing. He won't just be the highest paid player at Sydney. With Ablett, brown, Judd and St Nick all having front ended contracts he will be number 1 in the whole comp
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:11 pm

The Machiavellian inside of me hopes that the Crows decide to rookie list his brother, so he can't go and play in the NSWAFL alongside big bro.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby mickey » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:His brother's a Blood, does that help his cause?

Was...
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby PitBull » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 pm

Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:

Hear that Luke Parker is contemplating a move from the Swans, seems like a kid with a fair bit of talent, couple of Melbourne clubs wouldnt mind getting him

If it wasnt for the Adelaide Football Club there wouldnt even be Kurt Tippet. They coverted him from basketball to AFL have paid him well developed him now hes off as he enters the prime of his carrer. I think he has S##t on the Crows big time. I understand AFL is a buisness these days but his story is abit diffrent to a Stewy Dew, Darren Jarman etc the Crows made him who he is. I have watched most Crows games this year and after this week it has confirmed that he has the heart the size of a pea. Other than the loyalty thing im not that concerned hes leaving 38 goals for the season not real value for money. Value for money id rather have someone like Jay Shultz as a genuine target up forward than some one who cant kick over a jam jar. Going to Sydney may not be the right culture as it sounds like they have a genuine team enviroment Kurt is all about show me the money. I hope he ends up at the Power for half the money he was on at the Crows. In my opinion hes the highest paid crow and not even in the top 10 players where did he finish in the Crows BNF. If I was coach I would of droped him due to poor form.
PitBull
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:56 pm

PitBull wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
JK wrote:

If it wasnt for the Adelaide Football Club there wouldnt even be Kurt Tippet. They coverted him from basketball to AFL have paid him well developed him now hes off as he enters the prime of his carrer. I think he has S##t on the Crows big time. I understand AFL is a buisness these days but his story is abit diffrent to a Stewy Dew, Darren Jarman etc the Crows made him who he is. I have watched most Crows games this year and after this week it has confirmed that he has the heart the size of a pea. Other than the loyalty thing im not that concerned hes leaving 38 goals for the season not real value for money. Value for money id rather have someone like Jay Shultz as a genuine target up forward than some one who cant kick over a jam jar. Going to Sydney may not be the right culture as it sounds like they have a genuine team enviroment Kurt is all about show me the money. I hope he ends up at the Power for half the money he was on at the Crows. In my opinion hes the highest paid crow and not even in the top 10 players where did he finish in the Crows BNF. If I was coach I would of droped him due to poor form.

Yeah your right Pitbull and it sets a bad example to country footballers all over the country. Imagine what a club feels like that puts 15-20 years into a kid that then decides to chase cash instead of loyalty to that club ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The Duke » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Yeah your right Pitbull and it sets a bad example to country footballers all over the country. Imagine what a club feels like that puts 15-20 years into a kid that then decides to chase cash instead of loyalty to that club ;)

Hear hear daisy :D
Are you prepared to pay the price? WILL YOU PAY THE PRICE?
The Duke
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 pm

PitBull wrote:
If it wasnt for the Adelaide Football Club there wouldnt even be Kurt Tippet.....

This must be a big surprise to his parents I'm sure.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:48 pm

the way the adelaide media and some adelaide supporters are carrying is comical and somewhat farcical... sound like a bunch of sooks... wonder if i will carry on as much if grundy wants to come home... i very much doubt it!!!! :roll: i don't even want tippett at my club!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby JK » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:the way the adelaide media and some adelaide supporters are carrying is comical and somewhat farcical... sound like a bunch of sooks... wonder if i will carry on as much if grundy wants to come home... i very much doubt it!!!! :roll: i don't even want tippett at my club!!!!

It's not good, and you make a fair point .. Always disappointing to lose a quality player, but for some reason we really struggle (particularly our media) to build a bridge and get on with things in this state, even though all clubs across the country have felt the sting of it.

Complaining over something like Tippett leaving is like complaining about bad umpiring .. It's futile and does nothing to help get on with things, a pointless exercise.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby bazza1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Jesse White has flown over to Adelaide tonight.
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:the way the adelaide media and some adelaide supporters are carrying is comical and somewhat farcical... sound like a bunch of sooks... wonder if i will carry on as much if grundy wants to come home... i very much doubt it!!!! :roll: i don't even want tippett at my club!!!!

Besides, if it doesn't work out you can always go out and buy another one.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 pm

bazza1 wrote:Jesse White has flown over to Adelaide tonight.

That's going to tire his arms out I reckon bazz.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby bazza1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Red Bull, REB. :-)
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 pm

bazza1 wrote:Jesse White has flown over to Adelaide tonight.

fair trade imo :D
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL