Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Talk on the national game

Postby Yardy Lard » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Have heard he has told a few people he is gone and will be leaving. Very good source as well.

The same very good source said, Richard Tambling also wants out, as does Andy Ottens and Chris Knights. Those three for obviously different reasons than Tippett

Ottens and Knights could get a good trade but Tambling nothing much.
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Kurt Tippett's playing future?

Postby Squids » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 pm

As soon as someone said they are waiting till the end of the year you might as well pack your bags for them.

Tambling might be worth one of the new Maccas lamb burgers.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Gozu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:02 am

As a Crows fan not really fussed if Tippett leaves. Overrated and is already the highest paid player at the club almost solely on potential. Walker has far more talent than him and whilst it would be nice to have Tippett there for when Walker gets injured/suspended, I'd be offering him a pay cut. Obviously he's not going to take that so see ya later.

Tambling's a dud who will get delisted and his AFL career should be over and I'd delist Knights too. Never rated him but some do.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Postby steakn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 am

I rate Knights, im not sure where he has been playing lately, i thought he'd been coming on as a sub? But when in form and playing as a half forward he did some real damage.
Tambling has always been a hack.
Ottens showed great development early but has he dropped behind a bit this year? Either way he is still quite young maybe 21?
steakn
Under 18s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby TEX07 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:40 am

Yardy Lard wrote:Have heard he has told a few people he is gone and will be leaving. Very good source as well.

The same very good source said, Richard Tambling also wants out, as does Andy Ottens and Chris Knights. Those three for obviously different reasons than Tippett

I would be dissapointed if he goes because he hasnt delivered on his potential which he was paid very well for. Otten was great first year but hasnt been the same since his knee, Knights has had one good year and is injury prone and a little slow and Tambling has been a dud for both us and Richmond.

I would love to see a guy like Otten say, I am not in the team and I am going to get back in through hard work and form! As soon as it gets tough for spots guys want out rather than work to get back in.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 am

TEX07 wrote:
Yardy Lard wrote:Have heard he has told a few people he is gone and will be leaving. Very good source as well.

I would be dissapointed if he goes because he hasnt delivered on his potential which he was paid very well for. Otten was great first year but hasnt been the same since his knee, Knights has had one good year and is injury prone and a little slow and Tambling has been a dud for both us and Richmond.

I would love to see a guy like Otten say, I am not in the team and I am going to get back in through hard work and form! As soon as it gets tough for spots guys want out rather than work to get back in.

So you'd rather see him exhausting valuable salary cap coin to deliver sub-standard results for even longer. He's no rookie, he's 25 and approaching 100 games and now has the concussion issue in the back of his mind every contested ball.
I've always liked the guy and what he 'could' bring to the table but I've failed to see any consistency in his game.
He should be a ruck/ forward with the athleticism of Dean Cox yet he's pigeon-holed as a tall forward that averages 1.8 goals per game with a 58% accuracy rate.

Not worth it IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

Loosing Tippet would be a massive blow and to say he is over rated isnt correct, over paid would be more appropriate.

The current AFL climate means clubs have to pay over and above $$ to secure star/future star players. Tippet busts his ass every game, even last week when clearly not match fit and had Merrit all over him without a free (should have had alteast 3-5 free kicks inside 50 for arm chopping or over the shoulder), the last few years he has been a victim of a poor functioning midfield and HB run. Slow ball movement meant he was constantly competeting against 2-3 defenders...

Jenkins isnt ready to lead a FWD line through a finals campaign and Lynch doesnt play as a KPP, Lewis Johnston isnt the asnwer either.

I dont abuse any of AFC players but Chris Knights is the exception. Slow, runs around mindlessly and has lost his best asset which was his long kick..... If he plays this week its a joke! delist him as his trade value is 0 IMO

Otten looked like coming on and having a midfield role at AFC, the knee came at a terrible time and he is now with Brodie Martin seeing if they are still up to it. Otten also lacks a little bit of compsure under pressure IMO
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Psyber » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 am

I've thought Tippett was being misused at FF which should be Walker's spot now he has learned to work for the ball and that Tippett would have been more value where he had more room to move - CHF or Ruck/forward.

However, I have grave doubts about his future now tha the has the repeated concussion issue .
I think Neurologists will be advising him to preserve his brain function by playing some other, lower body contact, sport.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby hawks21 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:08 am

Knights is a free agent at the end of this year i believe?

A Melbourne club will pick him up through free agency and due to Knights being on a high salary after that 1 good year he had/go home factor we will get a decent compo pick. I believe the free agency compensation works on the players salary?? Win for us!
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 am

hawks21 wrote:Knights is a free agent at the end of this year i believe?

A Melbourne club will pick him up through free agency and due to Knights being on a high salary after that 1 good year he had/go home factor we will get a decent compo pick. I believe the free agency compensation works on the players salary?? Win for us!

Like who? Obviously lacking something after showing strong potential initially. Another 25 year old approaching 100 games, the only difference is that his form has been on a massive decline.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Like who? Obviously lacking something after showing strong potential initially. Another 25 year old approaching 100 games, the only difference is that his form has been on a massive decline.

If you read in to what the papers say, North, Essendon, Melbourne and Richmond have all been linked to him.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:39 am

Sorry Dude wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

If you read in to what the papers say, North, Essendon, Melbourne and Richmond have all been linked to him.

No thanks!!!
Already have enough plodders in the side with poor skills.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby David Brent » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

The dogs need someone who can kick goals big time, I think he would be a perfect fit there.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 am

Sorry Dude wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Already have a really good developing team. I dont think we need any mature guys coming into the team. And as with Boak, I dont think Knights would get an automatic spot in the side at the moment. Being a free agent, Knights will probably ask for a sizeable salary, which I think would be a massive waste of money on mediocre player.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 am

Sorry Dude wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Bugger that!!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Is that the same source who told you Boak, Chaplin and Salopek are gone?

No mention of Father Christmas making his way here in around 4 months is there? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Due to the rising aussie dollar, fuel costs, carbon tax and other economic factors Father Christmas is staying home
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby the joker » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Knighter has had contact with most clubs in Victoria and won't find it hard to find a new home. Otto will be there next year, and bling has a contract next year and will also be at west lakes in 2013
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Hondo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:If you read in to what the papers say, North, Essendon, Melbourne and Richmond have all been linked to him.

Bugger that!!!

"Linked to" or "interested in" doesn't necessarially mean they would be prepared to offer a great deal for him.

He's not played many games for us this year so right now he is a fringe, 25 year old AFL player with a history of injuries. I don't know what that would equate to in the market but I reckon it would be at the low end given the trade value of other players of similar standing.

It might be a case of the Crows taking whatever they can get for him. Had he left after 2009 it would have been a whole lot different.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:12 pm

the joker wrote:Knighter has had contact with most clubs in Victoria and won't find it hard to find a new home. Otto will be there next year, and bling has a contract next year and will also be at west lakes in 2013

Are you seriously suggesting Neil Craig gave Tambling a three-year deal?
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 660 times

Next

Board index   Football  AFL