3%
Salisbury North
34%
Tea Tree Gully
5%

Total votes : 111

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2013

Postby Pag » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:07 pm

The umpiring had no impact on the result whatsoever. They tried to take control a bit after the skirmish in the second quarter and maybe overdid it a touch, but to say the result was due to poor umpiring is completely unfounded and disrespectful to the quality football that ROCs played.

Our group of blokes on the terrace had Manuel BOG too.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Choccies » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Just seemed to me that ROCS managed to hit targets and generate run and delivery from the back half way better than Salisbury North. They were clean all night and Salisbury North dicked around with it a fair bit. When they did go direct for a small period in the second quarter and a bit in the last they scored and looked a lot better. Mind you, ROCS tackled and pressured superbly all night and didn't let up.
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby barry footynut » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Watched my first Div1 game on Friday night was a fair crowd for a cold night. Just wondering how that game compared to other big games during the yr?? Was a little dissapointed, maybe I was expecting a lot because of the hype of the rematch, but was a fairly ordinary game IMO.. A few good link up plays from Roc but that's about it .
barry footynut
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby lutz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:39 pm

A bit of karma to the blokes at SN imo in losing the grand final. People associated with the club having been talking themselves up since before the season had even started (even some of the more reasonable guys I know). They would have the biggest player budget in the whole league and still could not get the job done. Well done ROCS, sucked in Froffies.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:55 pm

lutz wrote:A bit of karma to the blokes at SN imo in losing the grand final. People associated with the club having been talking themselves up since before the season had even started (even some of the more reasonable guys I know). They would have the biggest player budget in the whole league and still could not get the job done. Well done ROCS, sucked in Froffies.

On this occasion it was ROC's skill, heart, and mindset versus playing for "bounty" that rewarded them with the Div 1 premiership.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby silent hour » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:18 am

barry footynut wrote:Watched my first Div1 game on Friday night was a fair crowd for a cold night. Just wondering how that game compared to other big games during the yr?? Was a little dissapointed, maybe I was expecting a lot because of the hype of the rematch, but was a fairly ordinary game IMO.. A few good link up plays from Roc but that's about it .

It didn't live up to the standard of Div 1 GF's I have watched over the years. ROC's skill level was far superior to SN and their composure and concentration on playing football was what I thought got them the win they deserved.

Is it true that Eugene is leaving SN?
silent hour
Reserves

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:21 am

Cohiba wrote:
lutz wrote:A bit of karma to the blokes at SN imo in losing the grand final. People associated with the club having been talking themselves up since before the season had even started (even some of the more reasonable guys I know). They would have the biggest player budget in the whole league and still could not get the job done. Well done ROCS, sucked in Froffies.

On this occasion it was ROC's skill, heart, and mindset versus playing for "bounty" that rewarded them with the Div 1 premiership.

i though it was the umpires fault for SN losing??? ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Cohiba » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:47 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

i though it was the umpires fault for SN losing??? ;)

May should have had the umps down to the Club for a "froffie" before the match....... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby zedman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:10 pm

from the bob neil FB page:

The AUFC would like to announce that we have appointed John Paynter as coach of the AUFC in 2014.
As many may know John has been involved at the club over the last two years as a supportive father of Seb and Will and last year in the role of Chairman of Selectors for the A grade.
Prior to that he played over 300 games for Sturt and Glenelg, captained Sturt, represented South Australia and then went on to coach SPOC to a premiership.
Jack impressed us all with his passion and enthusiasm for the role and the club in its entirety, together with the mountain of preparation he has done for 2014 already, and we are very confident that he will be an outstanding coach for the club in the future.
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Geebus, I wouldve thought that the Bob Neil FB page would be harder to gain access to than the stonecutters.

Good pick by AUFC. They could do a lot worse than someone of Johns credentials.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby beeroclock » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Geebus, I wouldve thought that the Bob Neil FB page would be harder to gain access to than the stonecutters.

Was certainly a superstar footballer.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Riddler » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Terry Hutton appointed Coach of Gaza. Former Kilburn player and more recently has been tied up in the SANFL System with Woodville West Torrens & South Adelaide
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby bar20 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:38 pm

beeroclock wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Geebus, I wouldve thought that the Bob Neil FB page would be harder to gain access to than the stonecutters.

Did a great job with SPOC too
bar20
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby hollywood7477 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm

bar20 wrote:
beeroclock wrote:

Did a great job with SPOC too

John was my runner back in the day when I coached Seb in under 13's at Mitcham. Absolute champion bloke and great footy brain. AUFC have done well to appoint John...
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby ezydoesitbigfella » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:24 pm

silent hour wrote:
barry footynut wrote:Watched my first Div1 game on Friday night was a fair crowd for a cold night. Just wondering how that game compared to other big games during the yr?? Was a little dissapointed, maybe I was expecting a lot because of the hype of the rematch, but was a fairly ordinary game IMO.. A few good link up plays from Roc but that's about it .

What happened with his report? Abusing umpires I believe - and not for the first time?
ezydoesitbigfella
Rookie

Been liked: 11 times

Postby doubletrouble » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:25 pm

silent hour wrote:

It didn't live up to the standard of Div 1 GF's I have watched over the years. ROC's skill level was far superior to SN and their composure and concentration on playing football was what I thought got them the win they deserved.

Have heard he may be heading to kersbrook in the hills comp I can't imagine he would be getting the coaching role off of brett James though. Thought his playing days were over?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Going by his performance on Mods yesterday in Slowdown you'd think so :lol: ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby lutz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought he played well.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:41 pm

lutz wrote:I thought he played well.

admittedly I only saw it on telly and about half of the game - however Mods kicked 6+ (most of them on Eugene)

each to their own I guess.

Footy Chick

Postby lutz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
lutz wrote:I thought he played well.

admittedly I only saw it on telly and about half of the game - however Mods kicked 6+ (most of them on Eugene)

each to their own I guess.

I can't believe I watched as much of that circus as I did, but he did pretty well up forward. Kicked one from 50.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League