General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:56 pm

Anyone else seen westworld??? watched the first ep last night... I didn't mind it. certainly interesting
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Gozu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Coming soon to Channel 9 'Underbelly Files: Chopper'.

Nine has unveiled its programming line-up for the new year, and with it sees the return of Underbelly – this time focused on the “untold, uncut” story of Mark “Chopper” Read.

The series, known as Underbelly Files: Chopper, will be once again be produced by Screentime.

Also coming up for the network is the mini-series House of Bond, which tells the rags to riches tale of the controversial business tycoon Alan Bond. Sam Neill, Rachael Taylor and Adrienne Pickering star alongside Hacksaw Ridge’s Ben Mingay as Bond.

http://if.com.au/2016/11/09/article/Und ... WQVWS.html
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Gozu wrote:Coming soon to Channel 9 'Underbelly Files: Chopper'.

Nine has unveiled its programming line-up for the new year, and with it sees the return of Underbelly – this time focused on the “untold, uncut” story of Mark “Chopper” Read.

The series, known as Underbelly Files: Chopper, will be once again be produced by Screentime.

Also coming up for the network is the mini-series House of Bond, which tells the rags to riches tale of the controversial business tycoon Alan Bond. Sam Neill, Rachael Taylor and Adrienne Pickering star alongside Hacksaw Ridge’s Ben Mingay as Bond.

http://if.com.au/2016/11/09/article/Und ... WQVWS.html

Looking forward to them
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby JK » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:08 am

Anyone else been watching Quarry? Probably my Favourite show of 2016
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby LMA » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:48 pm

JK wrote:Anyone else been watching Quarry? Probably my Favourite show of 2016

Yeah enjoyed Quarry. Good story, well acted.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LMA » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:54 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Anyone else seen westworld??? watched the first ep last night... I didn't mind it. certainly interesting

I didn't mind the first 2 episodes, found it repetitive and boring after that so gave up. Apart from the sex fantasies and nudity aspect of the show I can't understand the hype and ratings surrounding the show.

Pommy show Humans is way better IMO
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Gozu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Farewell SBS 2.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/11/gal ... sbs-2.html

Some great shows shown on SBS 2 like The Walking Dead, Real Humans, The Returned, 12 Monkeys, From Dusk Till Dawn and our very own Danger 5.

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby JK » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:37 am

LMA wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Anyone else seen westworld??? watched the first ep last night... I didn't mind it. certainly interesting

I didn't mind the first 2 episodes, found it repetitive and boring after that so gave up. Apart from the sex fantasies and nudity aspect of the show I can't understand the hype and ratings surrounding the show.

Must admit, whilst Im still watching it, I dont really know why I am because it really isnt that entertaining .. Maybe Im just hoping to see Dolores get the cans out? Was expecting some big twists, turns and reveals, but it's been hugely underwhelming. Even last nights twist was fairly boring.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Magellan » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:49 am

"Wet Hot American Summer - First Day of Camp' - pisstake of 80s teen screwball sex comedies, one series of a bunch of half hour episodes. Pretty funny, with excellent attention to detail in recreating 1981, especially the soundtrack.

Apparently a re-visitation and prequel to the film "Wet Hot American Summer" from 2001 which I had no idea existed. Started watching it last night, and it's absolutely terrible and I couldn't go past the first half hour.

Impressive cast, who reprise their roles from the original film, and who were unknown or emerging and now are superstars, like Bradley Cooper, Paul Rudd (he is so unfunny IMHO), and Amy Poehler. Worth a look for some cheap laughs, just avoid the original movie.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby JK » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:00 pm

Gave WHAS a go a while back and couldn't get into it at all.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Magellan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:13 am

Just started watching the new release on Netflix called "The OA". It's a bit weird, but strangely gripping the more you watch. It taps into the afterlife-existentialist ideas that shows like "The Returned" touched upon, and if that's your bag then I think this will be too. Definitely worth a look.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/12/the-oa-a-thoroughly-weird-totally-absorbing-puzzle/510971/
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby Banker » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:19 am

JK wrote:
LMA wrote:

Must admit, whilst Im still watching it, I dont really know why I am because it really isnt that entertaining .. Maybe Im just hoping to see Dolores get the cans out? Was expecting some big twists, turns and reveals, but it's been hugely underwhelming. Even last nights twist was fairly boring.

I hope you stuck with it, its the best show of 2016 for me, Hopkins is outstanding.

Satisfying to finish with a conclusion instead of cliffhanger... looking at you Mr Robot!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby JK » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:24 pm

Banker wrote:
JK wrote:
LMA wrote:

I hope you stuck with it, its the best show of 2016 for me, Hopkins is outstanding.

Satisfying to finish with a conclusion instead of cliffhanger... looking at you Mr Robot!

Yeah I did, and must admit I didn't mind the way they wrapped it up. It's an OK show, but not great I reckon. Good enough to tune into season 2 though.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Feenix » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Just finished watching Stranger Things, very good show. Probably my favourite for 2016.
Feenix
Reserves

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 pm

Captive
Netflix production documentary

Quite interesting.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 pm

Netflix docco

The fear of 13

Had no idea about it at the start as the Mrs just flicked it on.
Well worth a geeze.
You will know inside 2 mins if you can handle this style of storytelling
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11848 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:44 am

Can't believe I have waited this long to watch stranger things. So bloody good
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 am

Watched Stranger Things over the past week or so. Pretty darn good.

Also just finished watching The Get Down. I'm not usually a Baz Luhrmann fan, but this is great. I couldn't help but get into it due to the hip hop, but there's a chick with a great set of lungs in this show which also makes it worthwhile, she can really sing. Also, Jimmy Smits is pretty good.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Also just finished watching The Get Down. I'm not usually a Baz Luhrmann fan, but this is great. I couldn't help but get into it due to the hip hop, but there's a chick with a great set of lungs in this show which also makes it worthwhile, she can really sing. Also, Jimmy Smits is pretty good.

Watched the first episode, but struggled to get into it. It seemed like there were too many plot lines jammed into the one story: the aspiring DJ, and the love interest with the lass who can sing, the kid who graffitis, Jimmy Smits and the local dodgy politics thing, and then some other mystic 1970s karate movie-grasshopper inspired thing that felt like a bit of a stretch. That said, I've been told it's worth persevering with, so I might get back into it since I'm finding less and less stuff worth watching on Netflix and Stan.

Great attention to detail, though, loved the recreation of the 70s Bronx vibe.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Magellan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:41 am

Anyone had a look at "3%", the new Netflix series which is a Brazilian production?
Magellan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment