The future of West Adelaide.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Postby saintal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Big Phil wrote:Did anyone hear Kym Morgan (Sunday Mail journo that wrote the story) had to say on the TripleMMM interview this arvo with Jars and Tredders?

Yeah. Kym didn't really say anything that wasn't already in the article.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:39 am

Did he say it was a sensitive issue?
I think its a sensitive issue.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby CoverKing » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 am

cennals05 wrote:Maybe if you did know what happened you wouldn't think it was a load of bollocks. West have handled the situation with compassion. Some things are bigger than football.

I am extremely confident I know the full story and the sensitivity around the issue is not a good enough excuse to not inform the members!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 am

Its definitely sensitive.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:00 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:02 am

I'm sensitive to spelling.
If you're gonna take the piss, at least get your spelling right.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:03 am

it's a westies forum, they won't even pick it up..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:07 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm sensitive to spelling.
If you're going to take the piss, at least get your spelling right.

If you're going to have a go at someone's spelling i suggest you spell EVERYTHING correctly. :D
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 am

woodublieve12 wrote:

If you're going to have a go at someone's spelling i suggest you spell EVERYTHING correctly. :D

I was being colloqiual (and laughing at myself).
Whoever created that meme and spelt sensitive wrong is just an idiot.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:59 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

I was being colloqiual (and laughing at myself).
Whoever created that meme and spelt sensitive wrong is just an idiot.

no arguments here. was in a rush... i will endeavour to do better next time :D
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Armytank » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 am

aww, can you feel the sensitivity?

lets all gather round for a nice big group hug before we all go about knitting jumpers out of pubic hair
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Big Phil » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

From AdelaideNow...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6757700256

Kym Morgan wrote:SANFL won't interfere with West Adelaide's internal review into missing $100,000

SANFL general manager Chris Davies says the league will not interfere with West Adelaide's "internal review" into the mysterious disappearance of more than $100,000 but expects a full briefing at the review's conclusion.

Davies said he spoke to Bloods officials on Monday after revelations in the Sunday Mail that West Adelaide had tried to recoup missing money without contacting the police.

SUNDAY MAIL: MORE THAN $100,000 VANISHES FROM FOOTY CLUB - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/more ... 6756508925

He planned to continue dialogue with the club but would not interfere with the review.

The club has made no direct comment on the matter but released a statement on Sunday saying it had been conducting a year-long internal review of its operations.

In its statement, the club said it would not comment further until the review had been completed and did not provide at an estimated timeline for its conclusion.

Davies said he expected West to brief the SA Football Commission at the conclusion of the review and disclose all findings.

"I expect the SA Football Commission would be fully briefed by the West Adelaide Football Club should the internal review being conducted by the club highlight any misappropriations,'' Davies said.

Davies repeated SANFL chief commissioner Leigh Whicker's warning to the Bloods that they had a responsibility to handle the matter in a way that was acceptable to the club's members.

"The West Adelaide Football Club board have a fiduciary duty to the members of their club and I know that the board takes this responsibility very seriously,'' he said.

Bloods president Richard Sykes has so far been silent on the issue but senior sources within the club have confirmed that missing money was uncovered during a recent audit and may have been misappropriated by a former employee.

There is dispute among club figures as to whether all of the money has been recouped.

West has battled hard financial times in recent seasons and recorded a $505,027 loss in 2012.

Its annual report for the year to October 31, 2013 is yet to be completed but in its statement on Sunday the club said it expected to record a significant surplus.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby SDK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:48 pm

I just applied for a job at the West Adelaide Football Club. Wages are shit but benefits are fantastic..... $100,000 self serve super after 4 weeks !
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby The Apostle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Just give the club back it's money Thiele and all will be forgiven...
The Apostle
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Thiele » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 pm

The Apostle wrote:Just give the club back it's money Thiele and all will be forgiven...

Ok. oops just check bank account and its not there :D
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:26 am

Further statement from the club:

At the AGM in February this year the members voted in new board members and following the AGM a new president was appointed.

From the outset the new Board started reviewing the operations of the club.

As part of this review process and the move to introduce a new accounting system just over 4 weeks ago some anomalies in the accounts were discovered. Subsequently our main interest was to protect the member’s funds and recoup all outstanding monies as quickly as possible.

All known amounts identified have been recovered in full.

As part of a restructure the Club has also now appointed new professional management in all areas of the club with new General Manager of Operations and New CEO that starts in January of next year.

This issue does not rest here as we will as a board continue to fully investigate and protect the clubs interests with a full report at the AGM in February of next year.

This has been a very tough time for all concerned but I can assure you that the board has worked tirelessly this year to improve the clubs operations and financial position.

In closing the club is now in a great space to move forward and under our new coach Mark Mickan have a great 2014 season.

From President and Board of the West Adelaide Football Club
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

So they weren't going to make a statement until the "investigation" was finalised,but 3 days later make a statement anyway? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Armytank » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

There you go, some more info from the club. And the key point is that there will be a full report presented at the AGM.

No mention of sensitive issues, etc. Just the key facts that enable the club to move on with business. Now people can get back to talking about the Eagles quarter by quarter memberships they hand out for free at the local child care centres in Woodville.........
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:37 pm

Brodlach wrote:Further statement from the club:

At the AGM in February this year the members voted in new board members and following the AGM a new president was appointed.

From the outset the new Board started reviewing the operations of the club.

As part of this review process and the move to introduce a new accounting system just over 4 weeks ago some anomalies in the accounts were discovered. Subsequently our main interest was to protect the member’s funds and recoup all outstanding monies as quickly as possible.

All known amounts identified have been recovered in full.

As part of a restructure the Club has also now appointed new professional management in all areas of the club with new General Manager of Operations and New CEO that starts in January of next year.

This issue does not rest here as we will as a board continue to fully investigate and protect the clubs interests with a full report at the AGM in February of next year.

This has been a very tough time for all concerned but I can assure you that the board has worked tirelessly this year to improve the clubs operations and financial position.

In closing the club is now in a great space to move forward and under our new coach Mark Mickan have a great 2014 season.

From President and Board of the West Adelaide Football Club

Just over four weeks?? This rumour was floating around four weeks ago (when i first heard it).

Either that is another porky pie or people at West leak information really really quickly....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Booney wrote:So they weren't going to make a statement until the "investigation" was finalised,but 3 days later make a statement anyway? :lol:

4 days of same story in the paper made it difficult not to say anything
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL