Port Adelaide 2013

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2013

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Booney wrote:
tigerhutch wrote:its all about charity

I'm happy to accept that, you would know what charity is all about. A very charitable draw got you to a prelim in 2012.

Millions and Millions of dollars as opposed to a few easy games.... yep very comparable. Port have done extremely well off field for the past 18 months but before that were a stain on the comp and held their hand out and kept affloat by others. dont let those teal glasses cover your perspective boon my man
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

What did the Crows do in the last year to deserve preferential treatment?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:55 pm

HH3 wrote:

Its not about preferential treatment. Trigg as CEO was on radio answering questions about the requests that the AFC made to AFL regarding programing and naturally hosting the first game at Adelaide Oval. He was dissapointed that the AFC didnt get what they wanted (as all clubs would be) including the right to host the first game be it a showdown or not. He also spoke about by AFC not having the first showdown it would mean the other request for an ANZAC day evening game would be very unlikely. I have no problem with the CEO trying to get the best outcome for AFC and being dissapointed if it doesnt eventuate (waiting for a comeback relating to Trigg's involvement with the tippet saga).

When I was listening to it, I was thinking, geez the crows haters will have a field day with this interview :lol:
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Its not about preferential treatment. Trigg as CEO was on radio answering questions about the requests that the AFC made to AFL regarding programing and naturally hosting the first game at Adelaide Oval. He was dissapointed that the AFC didnt get what they wanted (as all clubs would be) including the right to host the first game be it a showdown or not. He also spoke about by AFC not having the first showdown it would mean the other request for an ANZAC day evening game would be very unlikely. I have no problem with the CEO trying to get the best outcome for AFC and being dissapointed if it doesnt eventuate (waiting for a comeback relating to Trigg's involvement with the tippet saga).

When I was listening to it, I was thinking, geez the crows haters will have a field day with this interview :lol:

I listened to the whole thing too. It just sounded like he thinks the Crows should automatically get everything first. Fair enough the Crows are better off financially than Port, and because of that, they can put more money into the SANFL, etc. But Port were on the back foot when they entered the AFL, because most of Adelaide were already supporting the Crows.

Currently, Port are doing a lot of things better than the Crows. I dont support either team, but over the 2013 season I took more interest in what Port was doing, and hoped they would go well. They should get rewarded for fighting through the tough times time after time, and getting to the pointy end of the season, when most people think they cant.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 pm

HH3 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
HH3 wrote:

I listened to the whole thing too. It just sounded like he thinks the Crows should automatically get everything first. Fair enough the Crows are better off financially than Port, and because of that, they can put more money into the SANFL, etc. But Port were on the back foot when they entered the AFL, because most of Adelaide were already supporting the Crows.

Currently, Port are doing a lot of things better than the Crows. I dont support either team, but over the 2013 season I took more interest in what Port was doing, and hoped they would go well. They should get rewarded for fighting through the tough times time after time, and getting to the pointy end of the season, when most people think they cant.

I can see how it would have come across that way for sure, hence why I thought that people would have a field day on it.

His point was that AFCs position was that they have done alot of AFL/SANFL footy in this state over the 20+ years (wait for the reserves/tippet saga comments) and his main issue was that by not getting the show down AFC didnt get a chance at the evening AZAC day game so effectively a 'no' to the 2 requests.

Also in saying that I dont think club CEOs shouldnt care about anyone else just what they think is best for their club.

Me as an AFC supporter I wont be losing any sleep over it, the pressure is on Port if anything once they move to Adelaide Oval to get 30k+ every week and not once a year.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Make no mistake, their performance this year involved a lot of luck with few injuries and a dream draw too.
Their current list has the depth of a kiddy pool and just a few factors need to go wrong and they'll be struggling again.
Every club has its ups and downs though but because they are the feel-good story of the year, everyone is jumping on board. I wouldn't be so hasty about it.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:35 pm

OnSong wrote:Make no mistake, their performance this year involved a lot of luck with few injuries and a dream draw too.
Their current list has the depth of a kiddy pool and just a few factors need to go wrong and they'll be struggling again
Every club has its ups and downs though but because they are the feel-good story of the year, everyone is jumping on board. I wouldn't be so hasty about it.

Very similar to the crows in 2012 and 2013
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Another ex-Cat joins the growing list with a Geelong connection at Alberton :

Former Geelong Falcons coach Aaron Greaves will be reuniting with old colleagues when he joins Port Adelaide’s coaching line-up.

The 35-year-old has been an assistant coach with Melbourne for the past two years and will now move to Alberton to take on a coaching development role.

Greaves will also be responsible for ruck coaching.

“I Know Ken Hinkley and Garry Hocking and I respect them as people and what they’ve managed do with their careers in football,” Greaves said.

“I’m looking forward to learning and developing my skills with them and the other experienced coaches like Alan Richardson.”

Director of Coaching, Alan Richardson, welcomed Greaves to Port Adelaide saying he has a great sports performance background.

“Look, Aaron has broad range of coaching skills that we believe make him very well suited to developing our younger players and ruckmen,” Richardson said.

A former school teacher and VFL player, Greaves also worked with elite athletes at the Victorian Institute of Sport for three years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:46 pm

The bloke who replaces Rehn, so to speak.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:50 pm

am Bays wrote:The bloke who replaces Rehn, so to speak.

I believe Greaves is replacing Daniel Healy. Phil Walsh replaces Rehn.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:26 am

valleys07 wrote:

Walsh is midfield and strategy, I believe.

Greaves is development (Healy) and Rehn (Ruck).
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:30 pm

Booney wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Walsh is midfield and strategy, I believe.

Greaves is development (Healy) and Rehn (Ruck).

Ah ok- that makes sense.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Go the Port Adelaide PowerMagpieCats, Adelaide BlackCats and the Western BullCats...oh...and the Geelong Cats as well. Where would you all be without us? :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Go the Port Adelaide PowerMagpieCats, Adelaide BlackCats and the Western BullCats...oh...and the Geelong Cats as well. Where would you all be without us? :D

regards,

REB

The SheedyBomber Cats got the ball rolling.

Where would you be without Sheeds? ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby smac » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:48 pm

And you can thank bomber for the lot of them!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Go the Port Adelaide PowerMagpieCats, Adelaide BlackCats and the Western BullCats...oh...and the Geelong Cats as well. Where would you all be without us? :D

regards,

REB

The SheedyBomber Cats got the ball rolling.

Where would you be without Sheeds? ;)

Screw him. He wanted to rape our list just because he didn't have the list management skills of Stephen Wells, that's who really got the ball rolling.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:03 pm

:lol:
Attachments
Bomber Chapman.jpg
Bomber Chapman.jpg (34.51 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby HH3 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:07 pm

Half of Essendon have done time at the Crows too.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Booney wrote::lol:

GRRRRRR

regards,