USA-South Korea / North Korea Conflict

Anything!

USA-South Korea / North Korea Conflict

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 am

Does anyone else care whats going on here?

Is it just a little man syndrome by north korea?

Just all talk by North Korea?

Is the USA, by flying their bombers 6000 miles just to drop bombs in the korean bay then flying home again just to provoke the north ?

recent news is the North Korean military/army has been given the all clear to fire on the USA.

Will china get involved, and this become something we can not stop.

I for one am worried seeing the news.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: USA-South Korea / North Korea Conflict

Postby scoob » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 am

They need to send in Hans Blix immediately!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby dedja » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:50 am

with a very nasty letter ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 1039 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:53 am

I dont think China or Russia ( the only sympathetic to the North Korean cause ) will get involved if North Korea throw the first punch. They wouldn't want the might of the US moving their attention onto them, as strong as the Chinese forces are.

If, however, the US make the first move and attack North Korea, I think it may be a different story.

Am I worried? Not overly. I think the Korean leader is just making a stance to let everyone know he, and not his father, is now in charge.

If North Korea launch any sort of attack on the US or its allies I would expect a prompt response from South Korea, the US and many of their allies in the region.

Then again, I could be completely wrong on this one. Who knows...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10834 times

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:56 am

Booney wrote:I dont think China or Russia ( the only sympathetic to the North Korean cause ) will get involved if North Korea throw the first punch. They wouldn't want the might of the US moving their attention onto them, as strong as the Chinese forces are.

If, however, the US make the first move and attack North Korea, I think it may be a different story.

Am I worried? Not overly. I think the Korean leader is just making a stance to let everyone know he, and not his father, is now in charge.

If North Korea launch any sort of attack on the US or its allies I would expect a prompt response from South Korea, the US and many of their allies in the region.

Then again, I could be completely wrong on this one. Who knows...

X2
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5615 times
Been liked: 2542 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:57 am

all it takes is for someone to be stupid, and push the wrong button, then its on.

Maybe all talk by the north, but only takes one push. The korean war never ended, no one won or surrended. They just stopped fighting.
Bully
Coach

Postby dedja » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:04 am

The North Koreans are just getting their dick out as propaganda to shore up the kid in front of their own people.

Whilst the rhetoric may be alarming, China or even Russia won't lose blood over a rogue state whose relevance is past it's use-by date.

Once the North Korean people have some balls you'll eventually see the demise of the State ... it's happened elsewhere and even the mighty Soviet Union went the way of the do-do.

In this day and age with social media and the like, you can only bullshit the people so much before they start to cotton-on.
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:11 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7526 times
Been liked: 10834 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:12 am

I think its mostly talk by our main man Kim. I was reading the other day how the propaghanda bandied around by that guy is tailored to suit who its directed at.

Outside North Korea we see all the anit-American videos, burning cities and soldiers, etc. This is no doubt trying to instill fear in the Americans and assert dominance. Not too many people inside Korea would hear too much about how much of a douche their leader is because of media restraints and low levels of internet access.

But inside North Korea, they show their leader visiting children, amusement parks, etc. All to make their leader look like he's one with his people. They obviously dont know its because of him, and all the money he's putting into the military, instead of infrastructure, that 2/3 of the country are on the brink of starvation.

If North Korea did send the first missile, I think it would be the dumbest thing any leader has ever done. With nuclear equipped countries all around them that are allies with South Korea and the USA, they could be wiped off the map. And a lot of the population wouldnt have a clue why everyones bombing them.

I think India and Russia would both side with the South Koreans and the USA, and I think China would stay well out of it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:28 am

So hitler didnt do the dumbest thing , for Leaders?
Bully
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:34 am

Fair call.

I should rephrase that to "one of the dumbest things a leader has done".

Still...I think if this thing kicks off, in a few years South Korea will just be called Korea and the North will be no more.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Psyber » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:32 am

I assume it is a game of bluff, but sometimes in such a game someone can get trigger happy and set off a real conflict.
So it is a worry, but China would not like a war to break out so close to them.
(Especially if nuclear weaponry may become a factor.)

I suspect the NK government is trying to distract its population from their poverty by diverting attention to a supposed external enemy, on whom it can try to blame that poverty as well. The US is locked into supporting SK, and so has to display support by flying itn a few planes.
It is possible Russia or China may support NK if the US did not demonstrate that support for SK.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Squids » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:54 am

NK are all talk and no action.

Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:05 pm

None of us would have a clue as to what is really going on over there. My opinion is that is all just sabre rattling. Obama no longer needs a boost in the polls so he won't be opting for heroics.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Squids » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm

HH3 wrote:Fair call.

I should rephrase that to "one of the dumbest things a leader has done".

Still...I think if this thing kicks off, in a few years South Korea will just be called Korea and the North will be no more.

This is the last thing South Korea wants, they don't want the financial drain of North Korea.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby dedja » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Germany says hello ...
dedja
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 pm

I was in Phnom Phen last week and went to the Pyongyang Restaurant
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g293940-d1220179-Reviews-Pyong_Yang_Restaurant-Phnom_Penh.html

The waitresses were fantastic. All the same size and height (due to shoe heels). They come out as showgirls later and sang songs of praise to the Great Leader.
The dog stew was a bit tough but I believe it was local stock so that probably explains it. It would be much tastier if they could get a hold of a bit of imperialist dog. McDonalds haven't got a shop in Cambodia because the quality of the local beef is unreliable, so they have the same problem.

We flamed our Soju in support of the Great Successor: Kim Jong-un and the impending firestorm he is going to unleash on the US, whilst watching the latest video which we all clapped along to:

Lucky we all said we were Russian, said nyet a lot, toasted each other with soju a lot, and none of them could speak Rusky or I reckon we would have been nexy on the menu.

Oh, and lucky none of them know the Collingwood song, because that's my ringtone and it went off during dinner
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1087 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm

? Think they would have used you for dinner at the border crossing seeing your passport , if they were going to ...
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:02 pm

ok, example, - so North Korea, goes and launches a Nuclear missle at the US, or its allies, its then shot down by the missle defence machines they have , i dont think that would help anyone. Exploding a nuclear weapon in mid air, i think the nuclear fall out would be devistating to a much wider area of the world. Yes, letting it go and it killing thousands is just as bad on the ground if it hit its correct target, but yeah, what can they do?
Bully
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Coincidence this all started about a week after Dennis Rodman vistied the country and watched a basketball game with NBA fanatic Kim Jong-un? ;)

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion