EPL Season 2013/2014

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Bully wrote:don't know what mancs supporters are so unhappy about ?

they will still be playing in the big "derbys" next season. The games against Leeds United will be thrillers I am sure :D ?

( waits for jimbos attack on Arsenal ) :-"

i love how it's all Moyes fault. How about the 11 players running around take most of the blame? Moyes can only control so much. Take a bit of pride in your performance and stop blaming the manager. there almost 20 points of the pace that's disgraceful for a club like United
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:47 pm

they will still be playing in the big "derbys" next season. The games against Leeds United will be thrillers I am sure :D ?

We wont be playing Leeds next season but if Moyes stays I wouldnt rule it out the season after lol
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:51 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

i love how it's all Moyes fault. How about the 11 players running around take most of the blame? Moyes can only control so much. Take a bit of pride in your performance and stop blaming the manager. there almost 20 points of the pace that's disgraceful for a club like United

The players hate the manager so of course they wont play for him.
You see it all the time in plenty of sports. Moyes tactics are also alot to blame, too many players played out of position and guys gifted games. Vidic has signed a multi million dollar contract at Inter next year so of course he is only playing half arsed, id sit him on the bench and play kids.
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

You see it all the time in plenty of sports. Moyes tactics are also alot to blame, too many players played out of position and guys gifted games. Vidic has signed a multi million dollar contract at Inter next year so of course he is only playing half arsed, id sit him on the bench and play kids.

Maybe the players should have a hard look at themselves because this could be the start of a slide. There's plenty of talent in that team. play for the top if you don't like the manager the rest will sort itself out.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:55 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bully wrote:mancs supporters apparently singing to LFC supporters saying they are murderers over the hillsbrough disaster

Yep, been tit for tat for along time.
A few years ago it looked to have disappeared but after the Evra/Suarez saga sections of the Liverpool crowd brought out the old Munich chants so United replied with the Hillsbrough chants and its escalated again.

That's disgraceful on both accounts.

I can fully understand how it seems that way but you have to understand the culture over there. The two clubs despise each other, I still no people over there that dont speak Liverpool supporters and even refuse to shop at stores owned by Liverpool supporters. A very close mate of mine took his daughter to a differant school this year because the new headmistress was a Leeds supporter.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Bully wrote:mancs supporters apparently singing to LFC supporters saying they are murderers over the hillsbrough disaster

Yep, been tit for tat for along time.
A few years ago it looked to have disappeared but after the Evra/Suarez saga sections of the Liverpool crowd brought out the old Munich chants so United replied with the Hillsbrough chants and its escalated again.

That's disgraceful on both accounts.

heard that stoke supporters were calling wenger a paedophile during our last visit there
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

Maybe the players should have a hard look at themselves because this could be the start of a slide. There's plenty of talent in that team. play for the top if you don't like the manager the rest will sort itself out.

Moyes has to go.
We saw how the Chavs were a rabble and hated their previous managers, Jose comes back everyone is happy and the results are showing.
Maybe Ferg was just a freak manager, we have had some average players for years and often not the best squad but he got the players to bleed for him no matter what their skill was. Most of any sport is played above the ears
Jim05
Coach

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:07 pm

I've said this before but I reckon Ferguson should stay away from the club. He's had his day. David Moyes' cause is not helped by having Fergie casting a critical eye from the stands.

Let's not forget that he lobbied hard to have Moyes as his successor so he has to accept some of the responsibility for the club's predicament.

Whilst Fergie was a great manager he's not a very good judge of managerial talent. I remember him saying Aston Villa made a good choice in appointing Alex McLeish three years back :roll:
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:24 am

westozfalcon wrote:I've said this before but I reckon Ferguson should stay away from the club. He's had his day. David Moyes' cause is not helped by having Fergie casting a critical eye from the stands.

Let's not forget that he lobbied hard to have Moyes as his successor so he has to accept some of the responsibility for the club's predicament.

Whilst Fergie was a great manager he's not a very good judge of managerial talent. I remember him saying Aston Villa made a good choice in appointing Alex McLeish three years back :roll:

Thats just Ferg looking after his Scottish mates lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:30 am

nooooooo

keep it the way it is !! Go down with the sinking ship :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 am

Looking like a cracking end to season at top and bottom.
Looks to be down to a 3 horse race at the top but if Arsenal win their game in hand they are still only 4 points from top. Chavs look to have the easiest run home, Shiteh have plenty of games in hand but still have Arsenal, Liverpool and the derby ( ok United are easybeats but still a derby lol). Liverpool finally look the real deal, in previous years they would of slipped up against sides like Cardiff but they are now winning them comfortably. Chavs still slight favourites IMO.
At the bottom we have 10 points between the 10th and last and that should go right down to the wire. Fulham and Cardiff look like rabble and appear certainties and im tipping Palace to be the other side to go down although a run of 3-4 decent games may see any of thosr sides stay up
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 am

Bully wrote:nooooooo

keep it the way it is !! Go down with the sinking ship :D

We are officially safe!!
Another year with the big boys for us lol
Jim05
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 am

Another piss poor effort !

not good enough. What is it with north London sides against quality opposition. Woeful. Both Arsenal and Tottenham have had some embarrassing score lines this season!

Wenger sat on his arse whilst the team had no direction and no leadership again. That was more shameful to me that the manager did not do much. Not yelling at players to pick their game up.

Just need a few more wins to prevent Tottenham on getting to 4th then we will finish in our usual position
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:11 am

Jim05 wrote:Looking like a cracking end to season at top and bottom.
Looks to be down to a 3 horse race at the top but if Arsenal win their game in hand they are still only 4 points from top. Chavs look to have the easiest run home, Shiteh have plenty of games in hand but still have Arsenal, Liverpool and the derby ( ok United are easybeats but still a derby lol). Liverpool finally look the real deal, in previous years they would of slipped up against sides like Cardiff but they are now winning them comfortably. Chavs still slight favourites IMO.
At the bottom we have 10 points between the 10th and last and that should go right down to the wire. Fulham and Cardiff look like rabble and appear certainties and im tipping Palace to be the other side to go down although a run of 3-4 decent games may see any of thosr sides stay up

YepI reckon the Chavs have to be favorites at the minute, as they have runs on the board (plus were pretty impressive last night). Man C are well capable of getting on a run though, but as you've said they have the harder draw and will have a cluttered fixture at some stage.

I love the way Rodgers has us playing, it's a style that gives us a chance every game if we get it right .. Ultimately though I think we'll fall just short because we are far too leaky at the back, and we're not going to be banging 5 past City or Chelsea.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:58 pm

westozfalcon wrote:I've said this before but I reckon Ferguson should stay away from the club. He's had his day. David Moyes' cause is not helped by having Fergie casting a critical eye from the stands.

Spot on. Tuck off Ferguson and let Moyes do his job.

Remember Jim its not his team. Get this season out of the say, dispose of some the hacks and has beens and bring in a few of his own and Utd will be back on track.

You United fans make me laugh FFS, you are 6th in the league. Try being a fan of a real football club, where if you don't win your last game of the season you are out of the league altogether.

Moyes is a very good manager. He's a shrewd operator in the transfer market and a very good tactician. Its not his fault Ferguson bailed out at the right time.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:53 am

After tonight you have to say its a 3 horse race between chelski citeh and Liverpool
I'd say City and Chelsea but both have to visit Anfield
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Big rumours that Arsene is about to walk from the club. All talk IMO from the fans
Bully
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:02 pm

Bully wrote:Big rumours that Arsene is about to walk from the club. All talk IMO from the fans

If you don't at least win the FA Cup that talk will be deafening.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5485 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:23 pm

They had high expectations at the start of the season which now looks like it's going to come to another disappointing end. I'm sure the club aren't as bothered as the fans as long as they achieve CL status again. There isn't a great deal of difference, financially, from finishing 1st or 4th.

I guess the worry will be where will Arsenal finish when United get back to winning ways? City and Chelsea are going to take two spots for the foreseeable future and Liverpool are looking strong under Rodgers guidance.

I think Wenger might be in a spot of bother when Arsenal fail to make the top 4. Unfortunately that might be next year.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Bully » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32 am

Liverpool are looking the goods due to no European action.They look fresh and as if its the 4th week in a new season !

When they start European again then we can say they are good. Commentators said they have only played 35 games this season ??
Bully
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer