ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

Postby Deep Heat » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Last time I bowled at Moe he hit me for six !
I wouldn't mind a rematch
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Moe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:22 pm

Deep Heat wrote:Last time I bowled at Moe he hit me for six !
I wouldn't mind a rematch

That is NOT going to happen.
I remember the 6, but I remember the ball after better!
I still have nightmares.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby wycbloods » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:41 am

Well done to Morphy's for another well hosted event for the Dave Lee Memorial Shield game.

Glad we were able to win it but even happier that we were able to raise a few dollars for beyond blue which will hopefully help someone out in their time of need and ensure we don't lose another mate to depression.

The temperatures certainly impacted the turnout but it didn't affect spirit of those there and again a good time was had by everyone there.

It is great to also see the Lee family support the game as much as they do. Something we hope continues for as long as possible.

We look forward to hosting the game next year.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Madrooster » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:39 am

wycbloods wrote:Well done to Morphy's for another well hosted event for the Dave Lee Memorial Shield game.

Glad we were able to win it but even happier that we were able to raise a few dollars for beyond blue which will hopefully help someone out in their time of need and ensure we don't lose another mate to depression.

The temperatures certainly impacted the turnout but it didn't affect spirit of those there and again a good time was had by everyone there.

It is great to also see the Lee family support the game as much as they do. Something we hope continues for as long as possible.

We look forward to hosting the game next year.

Well said bloods - it was another good day, and the fundraising was excellent - congrats to those involved.

The Lee's were tickled pink that David is remembered in such a way, but equally impressed by both clubs desire to support this incredibly important charity - they need funding to ensure they continue to help those in need, and sadly, there is no shortage of people suffering.

I again would like to thank the players who put the temperature to one side to ensure the day went ahead, but equally importantly and as I said to all of those playing - there is no shame in feeling down - just know that you can talk to family and friends about it.
Madrooster
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Moe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am

Sunday: Very long day.
Head sore, guts not good & shoulder aching.
Lifting about 38 stubbies & 17 rum and cola cans, plus 7 balls of express pace bowled at Scotty Luders for charity. One has only just landed from memory.
Great day & night though, once again, from memory, which fades from about 9.30ish.
Well done WYC and hope skinny enjoyed his 60th!!!!
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby hill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Moe wrote:Sunday: Very long day.
Head sore, guts not good & shoulder aching.
Lifting about 38 stubbies & 17 rum and cola cans, plus 7 balls of express pace bowled at Scotty Luders for charity. One has only just landed from memory.
Great day & night though, once again, from memory, which fades from about 9.30ish.
Well done WYC and hope skinny enjoyed his 60th!!!!

Skinny's only 60 Please
hill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby tyrone » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:30 pm

poor morphies.. struggled thru tough one.. patto stand out player for us

reckon youth centre or cove to make the gf.. youths to win

well done may, krutl for bowling / batting
tyrone
Mini-League

Postby wycbloods » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 am

tyrone wrote:poor morphies.. struggled thru tough one.. patto stand out player for us

South Road are clearly the favourites to win this year they are the only team that hasn't lost to anyone in the top 4.

Sheidow and Cove will be interesting as they haven't played each other this year they were due to play each other in the heated out game.

Hopefully the weather stays away for the weekend and the two best sides over the two days get through.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby sportsfan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:43 am

Should both be cracking games, any side in the top 4 capable of winning on their day, what are people's thoughts on the finals fixture compared to last year? I still prefer the extra week giving the top 2 sides the double chance, other than getting a home final there's no huge advantage. One bad game and it's time to get dust off the footy boots. Good luck to all this week.
sportsfan

Postby Whooshka » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:34 pm

What were the 5 penalty runs given for in the first dig of the Sheidow v Cove game??
Whooshka
Mini-League

Postby sportsfan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:58 am

Was an interesting day to say the least, a few "heroes" on the sidelines who felt they needed to be involved in the game for some reason, getting stuck into a cove player when their side was 9 for bugger all, cove player gave a bit back and Andrew decided it was worth 5 runs. Hopefully the rain holds out for the cove boys today. Looked like an interesting days play at edwardstown yesterday. Still, no total is easy to chase down in a final.
sportsfan

Postby Whooshka » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:38 pm

What were the scores from todays games?
Whooshka
Mini-League

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Section 3- North Haven B's 10/198 defeated Mitchell Park 10/126. Into the grand final against Southern next weekend, yeah yeah!

Heard Southern defended 94 against Woodcroft! Crazy stuff!

Section 2- North Haven A grade defeated by ICC Sharks B's, very, very disappointing end to the season for the A grade.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Keefy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:51 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Section 3- North Haven B's 10/198 defeated Mitchell Park 10/126. Into the grand final against Southern next weekend, yeah yeah!

Heard Southern defended 94 against Woodcroft! Crazy stuff!

Section 2- North Haven A grade defeated by ICC Sharks B's, very, very disappointing end to the season for the A grade.

Woodcroft got bowled out for 87

Thredgold with 4 and McKewen 5
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby wycbloods » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:10 am

tyrone wrote:poor morphies.. struggled thru tough one.. patto stand out player for us

Nice predictions so far.

Hope you're right again too!

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:49 am

Well done to Cove on winning their second ASCA premiership.

Our boys certainly pushed them all the way to the end but fell just short and as we all thought 138 just wasn't enough.

To get them 8 down was a credit to our guys after they were about 0/60.

Game was played in good spirits and played hard but good to be able to share a beer with the Cove lads after the game.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Do we have confirmation of the clubs from Southern joining us next season? Morphett Vale and Port Noarlunga? I heard Kangys wanted to come but were only being offered sect 3, not sure why they wouldn't go to hills though. What sections are these teams entering? The depth of Sections 1 & 2 looks like being a whole lot stronger in the future...
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Keefy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Do we have confirmation of the clubs from Southern joining us next season? Morphett Vale and Port Noarlunga? I heard Kangys wanted to come but were only being offered sect 3, not sure why they wouldn't go to hills though. What sections are these teams entering? The depth of Sections 1 & 2 looks like being a whole lot stronger in the future...

I know some people involved at Morphett Vale and they have confirmation they are in. MV aren't overly fussed which section they end up in
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times

Postby wycbloods » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Do we have confirmation of the clubs from Southern joining us next season? Morphett Vale and Port Noarlunga? I heard Kangys wanted to come but were only being offered sect 3, not sure why they wouldn't go to hills though. What sections are these teams entering? The depth of Sections 1 & 2 looks like being a whole lot stronger in the future...

Sections for the new teams hasn't been decided as yet.

They both will need to be accepted by the clubs at the agm, not that i see that being a problem.

If flaggies come as well i would think at least 1 would be in section 1 but if only the two i would guess that they are both in section 2.

Kangies weren't offered any section either.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Tubby » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 am

So, if one of these new sides was to come in section 1, i would assume that Morphy Pk who finished bottom would go down then ??
Tubby
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps