ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:40 pm

Top 2 got rolled
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby storyoftheyear » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:28 am

Very interesting outcomes in the Section 1 semi finals! Some interesting decisions made at the respective tosses too. Would be interested to know the thought process behind them.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby sportsfan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:32 am

storyoftheyear wrote:Very interesting outcomes in the Section 1 semi finals! Some interesting decisions made at the respective tosses too. Would be interested to know the thought process behind them.

No Hopkins for WYC also hurt their chances, by far their best bowler.
sportsfan

Been liked: 4 times

Postby sportsfan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:36 am

sportsfan wrote:
storyoftheyear wrote:Very interesting outcomes in the Section 1 semi finals! Some interesting decisions made at the respective tosses too. Would be interested to know the thought process behind them.

On day 1 that is... No brainer for ICC to bat first.
sportsfan

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:54 am

sportsfan wrote:

Was at a wedding, I think.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Upsets in Section 1 and 2!

Massive effort from ICC to make the GF after being promoted from section 2 last season.

From my point of view the biggest result on the weekend was Coromandel knocking off Belair by 2 wickets, a massive result for Coro after just pipping Happy Valley at the post to gain forth spot. It's funny how cricket (and sport for that matter) works sometimes. We had a Belair player sledge us saying we will be in Section 3 next season, we survived relagation and now Belair, clearly being the best team in the comp and looking like being in the best shape of going up to section 1 lose the semi final to forth position at home. If we don't move to the PDCA we will play Belair once again next season and our little rivalry will continue.

I was curious of Belair's recent Section 2 finals results-
18/19, finshed top, lost semi final
17/18, finshed forth, lost semi
16/17, finshed second, lost GF
15/16, finshed second, lost GF
14/15, finshed forth, lost semi

Brodie Mangin had a great season for them taking 52 wickets, hat's off to him for that. He bowled 27 out of 53 overs in the semi final!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 am

Didn't Belair, like Panorama, choose to stay out of Section 1 for some years?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:14 am

4th (South Rd) defeated 1st (Coro Ramblers) too in section 3
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:29 pm

Just went through all the grades, some familiar names still playing in some reasonably high div's, fair to say there wasn't a lot of runs on offer across the weekend!

Those still playing, what's the standard like from 5 years ago and 10 years ago ( if you're old enough to remember )?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby storyoftheyear » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:38 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Upsets in Section 1 and 2!

Massive effort from ICC to make the GF after being promoted from section 2 last season.

From my point of view the biggest result on the weekend was Coromandel knocking off Belair by 2 wickets, a massive result for Coro after just pipping Happy Valley at the post to gain forth spot. It's funny how cricket (and sport for that matter) works sometimes. We had a Belair player sledge us saying we will be in Section 3 next season, we survived relagation and now Belair, clearly being the best team in the comp and looking like being in the best shape of going up to section 1 lose the semi final to forth position at home. If we don't move to the PDCA we will play Belair once again next season and our little rivalry will continue.

I was curious of Belair's recent Section 2 finals results-
18/19, finshed top, lost semi final
17/18, finshed forth, lost semi
16/17, finshed second, lost GF
15/16, finshed second, lost GF
14/15, finshed forth, lost semi

Brodie Mangin had a great season for them taking 52 wickets, hat's off to him for that. He bowled 27 out of 53 overs in the semi final!

Belair sledging?! Never! Apparently some of the topics raised in their sledging department on the weekend were questionable and covered topics that should never be used in the realm of sledging. Also, the repeated dissent shown towards the umpires and the dummy spits when they got out were again, questionable at best. Violent acts towards the beautiful structures built in the Belair National park with a cricket bat have no place in cricket, especially right near families. An interesting way to conduct yourself when given the comparative context of a Coro player then walking when he was not given out.

Good luck to all playing in Grand Finals this weekend.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby Moe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:46 pm

Booney wrote:Just went through all the grades, some familiar names still playing in some reasonably high div's, fair to say there wasn't a lot of runs on offer across the weekend!

Those still playing, what's the standard like from 5 years ago and 10 years ago ( if you're old enough to remember )?

I wont comment on the standard of Section 1, as I have no idea.

Section 2 However seems stronger, as there are now mostly A grade teams in this section.
However, it still seems the old heads are still the better players, or at least perform consistantly. Rowe from ANA, Brokensha from M/PK, Mangin/Tansell Belair.

The lower you go in sections, it becomes lopsided, as some C grade teams are up against A grade teams. Makes it tough to blood kids through here.

On Belair, what happens when their 2 bowlers retire? Where do they pull their players from? No juniors to speak of.
I'm sort of glad they got rolled, as they are a bit mouthy, but Coromandel are in no position to comment about onfield behaviour and the spirit of cricket.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby twe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:00 am

Moe wrote:
Booney wrote:Just went through all the grades, some familiar names still playing in some reasonably high div's, fair to say there wasn't a lot of runs on offer across the weekend!

Section 2 However seems stronger, as there are now mostly A grade teams in this section.
However, it still seems the old heads are still the better players, or at least perform consistantly. Rowe from ANA, Brokensha from M/PK, Mangin/Tansell Belair.

The lower you go in sections, it becomes lopsided, as some C grade teams are up against A grade teams. Makes it tough to blood kids through here.

On Belair, what happens when their 2 bowlers retire? Where do they pull their players from? No juniors to speak of.
I'm sort of glad they got rolled, as they are a bit mouthy, but Coromandel are in no position to comment about onfield behaviour and the spirit of cricket.
l
Played for Coro as a lad then saw the iSight and went up the hill to scibs ... What amazes the most is with Belair as well now the amount of side in the area inc. flagies and happy valley . Scibs Jr. Build on the rise as well !
twe
Rookie

Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Off The Wall » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:47 am

twe wrote:l
Played for Coro as a lad then saw the iSight and went up the hill to scibs ... What amazes the most is with Belair as well now the amount of side in the area inc. flagies and happy valley . Scibs Jr. Build on the rise as well !

Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby storyoftheyear » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Moe wrote:

Never had any issues playing against either Coromandel side.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:51 pm

Grade 1 final bit of a non event
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1415 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Grade 1 final bit of a non event
Wow! Did it easy, amazing effort from ICC! Hats off to them, winning section 2 and then section 1 the next season is incredible!
I wonder if it's ever been done before?
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10299 times
Been liked: 1517 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wooly » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 pm

Yep, fair effort that. South Road 06/07 Sec2 and 07/08 Sec1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wooly
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 am

Good to see the WYC Rangers B Grade take out the Div 4 flag. Couple of good lads in that side who have been stalwarts of the club on field and one has worked tirelessly off the field for many years.

Congratulations @wycbloods.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:52 am

Armchair expert wrote:Grade 1 final bit of a non event

Keswick took 47 overs to make their 67, surely not?

With ICC taking 22 overs I assume it was all over on day 1, makes for a big Sunday for the winners!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Arch44 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:46 am

Will give my Roy Boys a shout out winning section 4 last season and back it up with winning section 3 this season. Chasing 192 yesterday and got it done was very impressive.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps