Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby Extractor » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:36 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Not much to report this week, the season rolls on much like the 1st week, Gawler Central still havnt taken a wicket, that makes it 0/360 from about 65 overs. Ironically their opening batsman and SAFooty star could have been dismissed 390 times in this same time frame ;)
Kapunda continue to defy their own pre-season predictions amassing 300 v LP as did the Bulls with Boof tonning up against the reigning premiers
Ango chasing 196 v south

65 x 6 = 390. Yep that checks out.

Does the association have a rule around not taking a wicket all season? Do we have to go pants-down at presentation night?
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Extractor wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Not much to report this week, the season rolls on much like the 1st week, Gawler Central still havnt taken a wicket, that makes it 0/360 from about 65 overs. Ironically their opening batsman and SAFooty star could have been dismissed 390 times in this same time frame ;)
Kapunda continue to defy their own pre-season predictions amassing 300 v LP as did the Bulls with Boof tonning up against the reigning premiers
Ango chasing 196 v south

65 x 6 = 390. Yep that checks out.

Does the association have a rule around not taking a wicket all season? Do we have to go pants-down at presentation night?

Whats going on down their Extractor, the 1s can't buy a wicket and the 2s cant buy a run?
Or is that the problem you can't buy these things ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Extractor » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Just taking our time to warm up this year Days. Still got a win on the board so far so let's not get too worried about anything. It is still October last time I checked....
Extractor
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Extractor wrote:Just taking our time to warm up this year Days. Still got a win on the board so far so let's not get too worried about anything. It is still October last time I checked....

Ah the old going to peak the last weekend in March,
Will Solly and Shepherd be out soon to assist in getting a couple wickets on the board?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Extractor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 am

Is Mycricket correct? 3 forfeits in the A4s?
Extractor
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:55 am

Extractor wrote:Is Mycricket correct? 3 forfeits in the A4s?

Yep been disappointing so far, 3 forfeits in each week so far.
I know the Ango forfeit will be a once off with one of the $s players getting married last saturday taking out 10 of the 11 from the week before plus numerous U16s.
Freeling and Sandy Creek, im not too sure about their prospects of fielding a team this week
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Extractor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:44 am

daysofourlives wrote:

I know the Ango forfeit will be a once off with one of the $s players getting married last saturday taking out 10 of the 11 from the week before plus numerous U16s.
Freeling and Sandy Creek, im not too sure about their prospects of fielding a team this week

We haven't had to field all 4 sides yet so I won't be saying too much...
Extractor
Under 16s

Postby Rabish Binney » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Extractor wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

We haven't had to field all 4 sides yet so I won't be saying too much...

On the flipside, 11 centuries made during this round throughout the senior grades (plus a 99 by Vickery for the Eudunda). Must be some sort of a record perhaps?
Rabish Binney
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:02 pm

Yes rabbish its good but is actually only the 4th best round of centuries that i know of.

R7 93/94 had 12 as did R11 01/02.
The 16 in R4 95/96 is unlikely to be beaten
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:48 am

Ok so I thought I would hold off for a bit about posting my thoughts in the A1r vs A2 debate because of the fact that we ended up losing a close one, but here are my first impressions.

1. The difference between the overall standard isn't as much as I had thought. There were only possibly two players in their team that were clearly of a much better standard than us, and looking at the scorecard I'm sure you could work that out.

2. Coming from the A3s and into the A2s this year, suddenly having to play 75 overs instead of 65 felt like a huge jump. Those 10 overs don't sound like much of a difference but they sure felt like it. If course me being a far bastard who can't field wouldn't help that situation either. And it was probably only overs 65-75 on day one where lyndoch beat us. Maybe you could shorten it to 65 overs each, which would promote closer games

3. The one real problem I have with the system is what happened after we had lost. The next 70 overs felt like a waste, playing for time. Of course lyndoch were pushing for an outright, which is fair enough, but whether they got there or not didn't really matter to us. If we were directly competing with them on the ladder there would be a huge incentive for us to avoid an outright because of the obvious effects an outright has on the ladder, it could cost us a finals berth or whatever. But since they were gathering points for their own comp, the whole second day after we lost was playing for maybe a two points at most. If the same situation happens this week we would have been trying much harder to stop an outright.

Obviously there is pride involved and that is a relevant factor.

Big week this week, Freeling vs Angaston A1 and A2 double header, has the potential to shape both grades in the early part of the season
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:Ok so I thought I would hold off for a bit about posting my thoughts in the A1r vs A2 debate because of the fact that we ended up losing a close one, but here are my first impressions.

1. The difference between the overall standard isn't as much as I had thought. There were only possibly two players in their team that were clearly of a much better standard than us, and looking at the scorecard I'm sure you could work that out.

2. Coming from the A3s and into the A2s this year, suddenly having to play 75 overs instead of 65 felt like a huge jump. Those 10 overs don't sound like much of a difference but they sure felt like it. If course me being a far bastard who can't field wouldn't help that situation either. And it was probably only overs 65-75 on day one where lyndoch beat us. Maybe you could shorten it to 65 overs each, which would promote closer games

3. The one real problem I have with the system is what happened after we had lost. The next 70 overs felt like a waste, playing for time. Of course lyndoch were pushing for an outright, which is fair enough, but whether they got there or not didn't really matter to us. If we were directly competing with them on the ladder there would be a huge incentive for us to avoid an outright because of the obvious effects an outright has on the ladder, it could cost us a finals berth or whatever. But since they were gathering points for their own comp, the whole second day after we lost was playing for maybe a two points at most. If the same situation happens this week we would have been trying much harder to stop an outright.

Big week this week, Freeling vs Angaston A1 and A2 double header, has the potential to shape both grades in the early part of the season

1. Agreed and as you proved you will be competitive but rarely win if you were to be in the A1res comp all year. Players at your club would soon lose interest if losing every week. It is that advantage of a couple class players over the b grade side that will always make the difference.

2.Agreed, yes that last 10 overs is a massive difference, but then again if your on your way up in your career its something you should get used to. I would love to have seen it stay at 65 but hey its only for one match out of 14. I love the fact in the 2s and 3s you can finish before 5pm, on the 1st day of our recent game 13 wickets fell and we still finished at 4 40. thus i have become a massive fan of the Melbourne spring carnival leaving the Caulfield Cup and Cox plate to the last race of the day.

3. I can see your point in that you had nothing but pride to play for but had Lyndoch been smarter they could have dangled the carrot for you guys more by setting a more than realistic target like say 120 off 30 overs. For the reasons you outlined it didnt matter if Lyndoch lost outright to you.
Hopefully you do find yourself in the same position this week ;)
It is something I will push for in our crossover game vs Mallala. Would be a win win if we both got 10 points.
I was a fan of the rule for no outright points in these games but can see why we didnt go down that path.

Yes massive week in the Ango/Freeling battles.
Ango looking to go a very small way to atoning for 2 grand finals defeats at the hands of the redlegs last year.
The 2s has last years a3 premiers against a side that only won 2 games in the 2s last year. Should see Freeling smash the Panthers ;)
Tip- Days to eat Bennymacca followed by a main of Tom Carmichael :D
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:03 pm

They went back out so that robbo could get his hundred, it definitely cost them a crack at an outright. Our second innings score looks much worse than it actually was, because we knew we weren't going to lose outright so most of our tail went out for a swing instead
bennymacca
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:31 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Ok so I thought I would hold off for a bit about posting my thoughts in the A1r vs A2 debate because of the fact that we ended up losing a close one, but here are my first impressions.

1. Agreed and as you proved you will be competitive but rarely win if you were to be in the A1res comp all year. Players at your club would soon lose interest if losing every week. It is that advantage of a couple class players over the b grade side that will always make the difference.

2.Agreed, yes that last 10 overs is a massive difference, but then again if your on your way up in your career its something you should get used to. I would love to have seen it stay at 65 but hey its only for one match out of 14. I love the fact in the 2s and 3s you can finish before 5pm, on the 1st day of our recent game 13 wickets fell and we still finished at 4 40. thus i have become a massive fan of the Melbourne spring carnival leaving the Caulfield Cup and Cox plate to the last race of the day.

3. I can see your point in that you had nothing but pride to play for but had Lyndoch been smarter they could have dangled the carrot for you guys more by setting a more than realistic target like say 120 off 30 overs. For the reasons you outlined it didnt matter if Lyndoch lost outright to you.
Hopefully you do find yourself in the same position this week ;)
It is something I will push for in our crossover game vs Mallala. Would be a win win if we both got 10 points.
I was a fan of the rule for no outright points in these games but can see why we didnt go down that path.

Yes massive week in the Ango/Freeling battles.
Ango looking to go a very small way to atoning for 2 grand finals defeats at the hands of the redlegs last year.
The 2s has last years a3 premiers against a side that only won 2 games in the 2s last year. Should see Freeling smash the Panthers ;)
Tip- Days to eat Bennymacca followed by a main of Tom Carmichael :D[/quot

Haas won't bowl hahaha :-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby THE BOMBER » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:34 pm

It looks as though Days wont fit Haas in.
THE BOMBER
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:21 pm

THE BOMBER wrote:It looks as though Days wont fit Haas in.

Didn't get to Haas, his main course of Bennymacca only lasted 4 balls. Hahaha
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:43 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Like :D
bennymacca
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Can fully understand why my teenager son wont umpire cricket with the behaviour of some called adults playing,its hard enough to get them to play without the bullshit, rant over, and before the bullets fly have seen it at our club before,but today if my son carried on like this clown I would have fully clipped him behind the ear.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 pm

What happened? Definitely agree that umpire abuse is not on
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 am

bennymacca wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Like :D

Shit happens, wont be the last duck i make.
Freeling the new hot favourites for the 2's flag.
We wont win many games if we lose 9/17 reguarly
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Extractor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Can someone (days?) clarify what the rule is with overs bowled on day 2 of A1 matches? The last 2 weeks we have been told it's now a 5:45 finish on day 2 if there has been a result but I thought it we changed it to 75 overs a day regardless to remove all confusion?

I can't remember playing for time in years but it's happened twice this year...
Extractor
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps