Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby TimmiesChin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Extractor wrote:Can someone (days?) clarify what the rule is with overs bowled on day 2 of A1 matches? The last 2 weeks we have been told it's now a 5:45 finish on day 2 if there has been a result but I thought it we changed it to 75 overs a day regardless to remove all confusion?

I can't remember playing for time in years but it's happened twice this year...

By the looks of the scorecard in mycricket you guys played overs, not time yesterday, or have I missed something.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Extractor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm not sure exactly how many overs we bowled at the end but the umpire was adamant we were finishing at 5:45, not after 75 minus changeovers had been bowled for the day...

Same thing (same ump) last match vs Sandy Creek. We bowled them out and there were 19 overs left. Umpired ruled that we would be finishing at 5:45...

I'm not fussed either way to be honest and the earlier we are in the pub the better but I just wonder if playing time not overs opens us up to a bit more 'gamesmanship' close to the end of the season
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby whufc » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:38 pm

Yep best and most basic thing PDCA ever did was change 2 dayers to 70 overs a day. Simple.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:48 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
THE BOMBER wrote:It looks as though Days wont fit Haas in.

Didn't get to Haas, his main course of Bennymacca only lasted 4 balls. Hahaha

Like :D

Shit happens, wont be the last duck i make.
Freeling the new hot favourites for the 2's flag.
We wont win many games if we lose 9/17 reguarly

to be fair to you guys, Hirsty was bowling hand grenades, there wouldnt have been too many batsmen that would have kept out some of the stuff he bowled.

my little dibbly dobblys at the other end are an entirely different story though, you should be ashamed :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Extractor wrote:I'm not sure exactly how many overs we bowled at the end but the umpire was adamant we were finishing at 5:45, not after 75 minus changeovers had been bowled for the day...

Same thing (same ump) last match vs Sandy Creek. We bowled them out and there were 19 overs left. Umpired ruled that we would be finishing at 5:45...

I'm not fussed either way to be honest and the earlier we are in the pub the better but I just wonder if playing time not overs opens us up to a bit more 'gamesmanship' close to the end of the season

I am 99% sure the umpire is wrong, it is overs 75 on each day unless a 4th innings is involved and then the rules about 17? overs in the last hour come into play.
I notice you had the same umpire in both games, i imagine he will get a refresher on the rules this week
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:15 pm

How did Schmidt pitch them yesterday Extractor?
daysofourlives
Coach

Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby TimmiesChin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Extractor wrote:I'm not sure exactly how many overs we bowled at the end but the umpire was adamant we were finishing at 5:45, not after 75 minus changeovers had been bowled for the day...

I am 99% sure the umpire is wrong, it is overs 75 on each day unless a 4th innings is involved and then the rules about 17? overs in the last hour come into play.
I notice you had the same umpire in both games, i imagine he will get a refresher on the rules this week

Unless its changed in the last few years its 75 overs each week, rather than playing time.

Unless for the 17 overs in last hour, it's sort of redundant with the daily limit, but the rule was still in place in the by laws from the old days where you played time. At one point it was going to be removed, but I'm not sure if it actually happened, so it might present you with a loophole if the situation ever arises.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby Extractor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 pm

daysofourlives wrote:How did Schmidt pitch them yesterday Extractor?

I wish I lasted long enough to find out...
Extractor
Under 16s

Postby Extractor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:57 pm

and pitch is about what he does with it....
Extractor
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Unless its changed in the last few years its 75 overs each week, rather than playing time.

Unless for the 17 overs in last hour, it's sort of redundant with the daily limit, but the rule was still in place in the by laws from the old days where you played time. At one point it was going to be removed, but I'm not sure if it actually happened, so it might present you with a loophole if the situation ever arises.

No loophole mate, it is quite deliberately still in the rules. Thats why in part we still have scheduled finishing times so that this rule can be invoked on the rare occasion a game goes into a fourth innings.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm

The Umpire has been told how it is to be umpired now so will all be good from this week on.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am

daysofourlives wrote:No loophole mate, it is quite deliberately still in the rules. That's why in part we still have scheduled finishing times so that this rule can be invoked on the rare occasion a game goes into a fourth innings.

No issue with what your saying if the rules are written correctly, but if I have one rule that says there's a maximum of 75 overs in a day, and another that says that there's 17 overs in the last hour of a game if its the fourth innings, you need another rule to indicate which one of the above two takes precendence, or you need that precendence rule stated clearly.

Basically, the 17 over rule needs to indicate that it supercedes the 75 over rule when in the fourth innings on the second week. I haven't read the book in detail for quite some time, but when I last did it wasn't explicit in either way, as such I'm very confident I could argue my way into either case - especially in the grade I play.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby TimmiesChin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 am

Extractor wrote:

and pitch is about what he does with it....

As opposed to 'ditch' which was what we saw from mid pitch at the batsman the week before :)
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 am

TimmiesChin wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:No loophole mate, it is quite deliberately still in the rules. That's why in part we still have scheduled finishing times so that this rule can be invoked on the rare occasion a game goes into a fourth innings.

No issue with what your saying if the rules are written correctly, but if I have one rule that says there's a maximum of 75 overs in a day, and another that says that there's 17 overs in the last hour of a game if its the fourth innings, you need another rule to indicate which one of the above two takes precendence, or you need that precendence rule stated clearly.

Basically, the 17 over rule needs to indicate that it supercedes the 75 over rule when in the fourth innings on the second week. I haven't read the book in detail for quite some time, but when I last did it wasn't explicit in either way, as such I'm very confident I could argue my way into either case - especially in the grade I play.

I think if you spoke tio the umpire coordinator it is quite clear as he will tell you something about the Laws of Cricket which we follow unless otherwise stated, But yep it is confusing and in lower grades you could argue either way. I will seek clarification
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:26 am

A great example of sportsmanship from mulchy last Saturday. With the game in the balance, there was a very faint edge which not even
The Gilbert valley boys were not even sure about but before an appeal was even attempted mulch had walked, the umpire didn't believe he had
Hit it. A great example of sportsmanship and was certainly appreciated by the Gilbert valley lads. It won't be forgotten and the favour
Will certainly be returned. In the end it probably cost Kapunda the game.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby Rabish Binney » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:55 pm

happyhawk wrote:A great example of sportsmanship from mulchy last Saturday. With the game in the balance, there was a very faint edge which not even
The Gilbert valley boys were not even sure about but before an appeal was even attempted mulch had walked, the umpire didn't believe he had
Hit it. A great example of sportsmanship and was certainly appreciated by the Gilbert valley lads. It won't be forgotten and the favour
Will certainly be returned. In the end it probably cost Kapunda the game.

Was he called back to the wicket by the Umpire? Once a batsman walks, thats it is'nt it? Not sure if an Umpire can call him back unless a no-ball has ben bowled and confirmed (bit hard unless one plays at International level).
Rabish Binney
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 am

How does that affect table when gawler centrals A2 Defeated Eudunda A1R
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:22 am

magpieeagle wrote:How does that affect table when gawler centrals A2 Defeated Eudunda A1R

Just like any other win and loss
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:53 am

South Gawler will be fuming and waiting to go back to A! Ressies when they can win a game. Had Freeling in all trouble at 7/43 chasing 154, but 8,9,10 combined for 122 runs fro the home side. Freeling made 9/175
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 am

Once again it looks like it will be a tight finish in the second half of the year where wins are a premium. What are peoples predictions for the end of year finals race?

1 Day Finals: Freeling vs Gilbert Valley - Freeling winning

2 Day Finals: Freeling, Ango, Gilbert Valley, Sandy Creek

Gilbert Valley to win the 2 day comp

Riley Barker, Aaron King and Chris McLean to fight out for the Mosey Medal
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps