Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby FREO » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:49 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Angaston V Freeling @ Kapunda this sunday in the one day GF.
Early indications are Freeling will win.

Both catch up games at this stage look like being on the 16th Feb.

Is that the day Freeling are playing at Adelaide oval in the T20?
FREO

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:27 pm

FREO wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Angaston V Freeling @ Kapunda this sunday in the one day GF.

If it is, it wont be on that day then.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
FREO wrote:

If it is, it wont be on that day then.

Won't be that day then
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby Slowey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:59 am

With all the top teams having to play eachother in coming weeks i'm not so sure the top 4 or clear cut. You would think Freeling and Gilbert Valley will make it and 3rd and 4th could be anyone from Gawler Centrals, Kapunda and sandy Creek. Ill have a stab at the top 4 with Kapunda and Sandy Creek getting the nod ahead of Gawler Centrals. Sandy Look to have the best run home compared to Gawler Centrals and Kapunda.

What's peoples thoughts?
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 am

What happened to Ango?
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Slowey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 am

cokadonkeytoo wrote:What happened to Ango?

I Think they may lose the next couple and miss out!!
Slowey

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 am

Slowey wrote:
cokadonkeytoo wrote:What happened to Ango?

I Think they may lose the next couple and miss out!!

It will be very tight, just think what will happen when heat and rain start to become an issue. 41 this Saturday, and who knows what the rest of the weeks will bring. There may be some sporting declarations in the last couple of games as every performance point will be vital. I bet the text messages will be flying between the players looking for info
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 am

The race for the A2 finals between Freeling and tanunda also interesting. Tanunda are ahead by 8.6 at the moment, but Freeling are yet to play the catch up against Angaston, if that happens.

Assuming it is a loss Freeling or a draw, both tanunda and Freeling play sandy creek then south Gawler. Both teams should beat south and will probably lose to sandy, so it will come down to the final round, where we play each other to determine finals.

Of course one of the teams could win or lose both games or Freeling could play the rematch and beat Angaston which would probably sew up finals, but it will be an interesting finish.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:38 pm

Looks like Freeling will take the honours on Sunday with the temp hitting 40 at this stage. Benefits of finishing top
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Postby scud » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Not sure your giving Ango much credit slowey or your looking to get a bite but I'm happy to take a bet that Angaston play in this years finals... So please private message me with details on this or make it public if your that confident mate...
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby scud » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:05 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Maybe, just maybe if you run a good club, with good people and you don't belt your mates, people will want to play for you. It's not our fault they are from out of the town.
Kind Regards T.Carmichael
P.S Paro lives in Freeling!

This is a bullshit post, boundary rider.. Don't mind you having a personal crack at a bloke who loves to stir the pot and get people to bite back which you do every time but don't bring the club into it, each club to there own with the way they run things but your having a crack at a club who continually play finals cricket and still have played 6 junior cricketers in past 18 months , and if they aren't in the ones they are a regular in the two s who sit 3 rd and are set to play finals...
As for your club it's a fact that you have a big number of players that aren't locals but that's good recruiting. In saying that it does leave the opening for some people to have a crack... As your about the only club that have that amount of outsiders playing, but there is no rules against it so don't get defensive.
P.S I don't think Paro is who days is talking about mainly
scud
Under 16s

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

scud wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Maybe, just maybe if you run a good club, with good people and you don't belt your mates, people will want to play for you. It's not our fault they are from out of the town.

This is a bullshit post, boundary rider.. Don't mind you having a personal crack at a bloke who loves to stir the pot and get people to bite back which you do every time but don't bring the club into it, each club to there own with the way they run things but your having a crack at a club who continually play finals cricket and still have played 6 junior cricketers in past 18 months , and if they aren't in the ones they are a regular in the two s who sit 3 rd and are set to play finals...
As for your club it's a fact that you have a big number of players that aren't locals but that's good recruiting. In saying that it does leave the opening for some people to have a crack... As your about the only club that have that amount of outsiders playing, but there is no rules against it so don't get defensive.

Pretty sure someone else had a crack first buddy, and may have been from your own backyard.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 pm

scud wrote:

You say don't bring club into it, but the go into talk about the club exactly in the same vein!

And by my count we have four players that aren't locals, all were friends with at least one player already, and two of them came across at a time when Mallala moved to this comp and only had an A4 team.

And speaking of juniors, you would know full well that our old A3 team was choc full of them

Hardly screams buying premierships which is what days and you are implying. More like excuses really.

Should be a good game this weekend assuming the weather cools down a bit.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby scud » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:36 pm

bennymacca wrote:
scud wrote:

You say don't bring club into it, but the go into talk about the club exactly in the same vein!

And by my count we have four players that aren't locals, all were friends with at least one player already, and two of them came across at a time when Mallala moved to this comp and only had an A4 team.

And speaking of juniors, you would know full well that our old A3 team was choc full of them

Hardly screams buying premierships which is what days and you are implying. More like excuses really.

Should be a good game this weekend assuming the weather cools down a bit.

I'm not sure where I have said once you brought a premiership... I don't live on here like some of you guys I got on here because someone who should know better had a crack at my club and the way it's run... Now I said it was GOOD recruiting by you guys and there was NO RULE against it. I know at Angaston we wouldn't knock back bluey, parish , Montys x2 and raed to play for us... So I was actually defending your case.

But Benny Macca whoever u are, I'm not sure I play against you maybe open another page and call it B and L cricket B and C grade then you could talk about things that relate directly to you.
Yes if conditions suit it should be a good game and I'm sure you'll enjoy spectating
scud
Under 16s

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Both you and days implied it. It's also pretty easy to work out who I am, not hiding at all
bennymacca
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:35 am

Anyway back to the cricket, I'm with you Scud, I wouldn't be writing off the Ango lads too soon. I do think that freeling and Gilbert valley are same but it could be any of Ango, Sandy, Kap (hopefully we squeeze them out in the final round) and Gc probably need some results go their way.

It looks like its going to be slightly hot come Sunday, which is a little bit disappointing would have enjoyed the friendly banter between Paro and Benny B in the final. Hopefully it dips down to 38.9 and we have game on. Actually no I don't make it hot, hot, hot
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby Slowey » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:22 pm

scud wrote:Not sure your giving Ango much credit slowey or your looking to get a bite but I'm happy to take a bet that Angaston play in this years finals... So please private message me with details on this or make it public if your that confident mate...

Hi Scud,

Mate i have absolutely no reason to have a stir i was simply giving my opinion on thing's. I wish Ango all the best but ill stand by my word and pick them to miss out.
Slowey

Postby scud » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Slowey wrote:
scud wrote:Not sure your giving Ango much credit slowey or your looking to get a bite but I'm happy to take a bet that Angaston play in this years finals... So please private message me with details on this or make it public if your that confident mate...

Hi Scud,

Mate i have absolutely no reason to have a stir i was simply giving my opinion on thing's. I wish Ango all the best but ill stand by my word and pick them to miss out.

Nah mate that is fine, your totally entitled to your opinion, and I respect that , but I was wanting to see if you wanted to make this interesting and have a wager on it?? I'll even let you pick the price?
scud
Under 16s

Postby Slowey » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 am

scud wrote:
Slowey wrote:

Hi Scud,

Nah mate that is fine, your totally entitled to your opinion, and I respect that , but I was wanting to see if you wanted to make this interesting and have a wager on it?? I'll even let you pick the price?

As i said in my last post scud, all the best to you and the Ango lads, i'm simply giving my ouside opinion on the matter. If i was able to contribute against you blokes making the finals i would pardon the pun "Put my money where my mouth is". I guess we will have to wait another week to see the results can't see the temp going below 39 for saturday.
Slowey

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:36 am

Association has called off all Saturday's games
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler