Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:46 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:But there was no A2s game in that series of matches due it being postponed, so wouldn't it then be the series of matches to be played the round of Feb 8th?

The A2 game from that series of matches is being played on the 9th Feb instead of the 18th Jan.
There would be various reasons why if you played on the 18th you cant play on the 9th.
One would be for qualification purposes for finals. You could gain an unfair advantage and have a player qualify by having him play 2 matches on the same round of matches.
Nuri are facing the same issues but I dont hear them whinging about it.
We are also facing the same issue with anyone that played 4s or 1s in that game not being able to play 2s. Its the same rules for everyone.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:08 pm

TimmiesChin wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Why do/should the rules preclude a player playing from a lower grade?

You didn't answer the question at all, aside from being a dick about it. Also it's pretty obvious that they are regular A2 players so you enforcing that rule would just be because you are scared of getting rolled again.

I just worked out what you're complaining about.

Lets assume for a second the A2 game in question had been delayed to the following day (Sunday). Would you then agree that no player playing in that game could have also played the day before in A1 or A4 sides ? Certainly many years ago when the turf pitches were getting laid, a lot of our A1 games were held on Sundays, and we were not permitted to play other grades in the same round.
If you agree both of the above are valid assertions, then its logical to understand that players cannot play in multiple grades in the same round (player subs excluded), and to be honest, any fair minded person would understand why playing a player in two grades in the same round isn't permitted.
If your club threw a few of your better A2's in the A4s for that weekend, then they did so with a lack of forethought. That being said, if the club was under the assumption that the A2 game had been abandoned (points split) rather than delayed, then they would have a case.

[PS - I am not an Angaston player, fan, or anything else, in fact I can think of nothing better than knocking them off]

Read an above quote for reason they played 4's Timmy!
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

I'm just suggesting that if they made the series of matches the weekend of the 8th instead of back in January then everyone is free to play for both sides and we have the fairest game possible.

And with A1 and A4 games on the 8th it'll still stop players playing two grades when the catch up game is played on the 9th.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Jako makes a good point. I can't see why the availability for a game weeks ago affects the game played then. Should
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:Jako makes a good point. I can't see why the availability for a game weeks ago affects the game played then. Should

Yeah not a bad point but it doesnt address the qualification issues. It doesnt address the issue that you played a significantly better side in the 4s than would otherwise have been the case and gained an advantage over 8 other teams in that grade and thats fine, there is no rules to stop that but dont whinge when they then cant play 2s.

Probably time to get over it and move on since its not going to change anytime this century
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Did you get the point about the a4s going to forfeit otherwise? I mean you have banged on in this thread about its better to have people playing cricket then not. This rule seems to go completely against that.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:37 pm

bennymacca wrote:Did you get the point about the a4s going to forfeit otherwise? I mean you have banged on in this thread about its better to have people playing cricket then not. This rule seems to go completely against that.

Except your A4s were never going to forfeit.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

You blokes are really starting to bore me now, I dont make the rules they are in the program for every club to read and understand why dont you just fill your team with U16's or U14s like any other club would. There is no limit to the amount of games a junior can play in the same round of matches
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:You blokes are really starting to bore me now, I dont make the rules they are in the program for every club to read and understand why dont you just fill your team with U16's or U14s like any other club would. There is no limit to the amount of games a junior can play in the same round of matches

My final say is this.... Nothing will change whilst one bloke is still on the committee and the heat rule is on place program too. Which I take as no game on Sunday like happened in previous years and the one day cup goes to the team on top of ladder. Do these Saturday games get played again NO, so Sunday affectively the same. Maybe I'll drop into the Brauhass for a drink with you Days, or are you barred?
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby TimmiesChin » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:22 pm

So read more of the details. Still think the big issue is leaving the catch-up games too long, either make them next day or not at all, as players can't guarantee availability an unknown number of weeks into future, and if this isn't known it's very hard to ensure your middle side has 11 available players. (Ie I'm guessing clubs didn't know when the catch-up games would be)

That being said, freeling selection pretty stupid for the weekend in question selecting better a2 guys for 4s, should have selected kids or bottom end players. I guess they didn't think too hard about the rules at the time.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 pm

Onwards and upwards. I'm sure the 11 we select on the day will get the job done.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:35 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:You blokes are really starting to bore me now, I dont make the rules they are in the program for every club to read and understand why dont you just fill your team with U16's or U14s like any other club would. There is no limit to the amount of games a junior can play in the same round of matches

My final say is this.... Nothing will change whilst one bloke is still on the committee and the heat rule is on place program too. Which I take as no game on Sunday like happened in previous years and the one day cup goes to the team on top of ladder. Do these Saturday games get played again NO, so Sunday affectively the same. Maybe I'll drop into the Brauhass for a drink with you Days, or are you barred?

Sounds like you have part of a story again.
Not sure if you know how a committee works but there is 7 blokes on the exec, i have one vote.
Sundays game will go ahead if Saturday nights forecast allows it too.
For someone who thought he was a journalist your grammar is faarking terrible.

Spend some $$$ on Juniors instead of A Grade recruits, your club has had one good year of A grade cricket in my life time and idiots like you who have never played any higher than A3 all of a sudden become an authority on all things cricket. Give it 2 years and you will be back to a B grade club like you have always been.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

Seriously wtf. No wonder you had to change clubs, I bet this happens every time someone disagrees with you. Is that what some poor lass did too?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:10 pm

So, how about that cricket?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Sounds like you have part of a story again.
Not sure if you know how a committee works but there is 7 blokes on the exec, i have one vote.
Sundays game will go ahead if Saturday nights forecast allows it too.
For someone who thought he was a journalist your grammar is faarking terrible.

Spend some $$$ on Juniors instead of A Grade recruits, your club has had one good year of A grade cricket in my life time and idiots like you who have never played any higher than A3 all of a sudden become an authority on all things cricket. Give it 2 years and you will be back to a B grade club like you have always been.

Least I'm not a b grade person ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby scud » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:44 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:So Kocho, because of the bushfires we allowed you to postpone our game, could have easily said no and made you guys forfeit. Now the date doesn't suit is due to a wedding yet we may have to forfeit because of lack of numbers. Tell me that isn't Ango having an agenda mate.

Cheers for making this absolute stupid statement, I reckon after reading this everyone should just skip over your posts from now on , shows how little you know, "could have easily said no, and made you guys forfeit" hahaha
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 pm

scud wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:So Kocho, because of the bushfires we allowed you to postpone our game, could have easily said no and made you guys forfeit. Now the date doesn't suit is due to a wedding yet we may have to forfeit because of lack of numbers. Tell me that isn't Ango having an agenda mate.

Cheers for making this absolute stupid statement, I reckon after reading this everyone should just skip over your posts from now on , shows how little you know, "could have easily said no, and made you guys forfeit" hahaha

What I meant was we could have said no and moved the game somewhere else. I think it basically comes down to it has taken to long to reschedule and should just be a draw like discussed earlier, and as Timmy said is already down as a draw on mycricket. And when will Days get it through his head we don't pay players.
Bluey - came as a footy recruit, no longer plays footy here but has stayed on and is now captain.
Montys - came after Mallala ahead no A grade, knew bluey and Paro through junior footy. Like the club culture so have stayed.
Raed - knew Bluey through his earlier cricket, came as a friend.
Papas - ditto to Bluey
Paro - everyone knows about Benny, so no need to get into that, top bloke
Anyone else we pay guys, Jakavasarus only gets paid 900 per wicket now with the economic situation we are in.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby scud » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:01 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

After these last few days of slagging off Ango I wouldn't be coming to the brah for a drink mate, trust me you might not be welcome, can't work out why you would be celebrating anyway are you gonna be in the team on Sunday if the game goes ahead... Haha that would be worth seeing.

Luckily your club has decent guys in charge and as the Ango captain I spoke to Bluey today and he was in agreeance that we should still play Sunday and who cares about the heat as long as both teams are happy, but the association has rules in place and we need to abide by them , he said it doesn't feel the same winning like that but by the sounds your happy to hence the way you approach sport and maybe the reason you play at the level you do.. But enjoy the win mate...
scud
Under 16s

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Actually we won't see my mate cause I have already made plans that I can't cancel. I'd like to see a game to, but the heat rule is there for a reason. A final or not it must stay the same for every game, otherwise why have them.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby scud » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:13 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
scud wrote:

What I meant was we could have said no and moved the game somewhere else. I think it basically comes down to it has taken to long to reschedule and should just be a draw like discussed earlier, and as Timmy said is already down as a draw on mycricket. And when will Days get it through his head we don't pay players.
Bluey - came as a footy recruit, no longer plays footy here but has stayed on and is now captain.
Montys - came after Mallala ahead no A grade, knew bluey and Paro through junior footy. Like the club culture so have stayed.
Raed - knew Bluey through his earlier cricket, came as a friend.
Papas - ditto to Bluey
Paro - everyone knows about Benny, so no need to get into that, top bloke
Anyone else we pay guys, Jakavasarus only gets paid 900 per wicket now with the economic situation we are in.

Blah blah blah, whatever not sure who your trying to convince as I said you guys have recruited well there is no rules against what your doing ..well done to your club is what I say.

Anyway I'm sure benny mac wouldn't be far away to jump to your rescue , look forward to watching you guys keep trying to bluff us all into thinking you know what your talking about when it comes to A grade cricket.
scud
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps