Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:22 pm

scud wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
scud wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:So Kocho, because of the bushfires we allowed you to postpone our game, could have easily said no and made you guys forfeit. Now the date doesn't suit is due to a wedding yet we may have to forfeit because of lack of numbers. Tell me that isn't Ango having an agenda mate.

Cheers for making this absolute stupid statement, I reckon after reading this everyone should just skip over your posts from now on , shows how little you know, "could have easily said no, and made you guys forfeit" hahaha

What I meant was we could have said no and moved the game somewhere else. I think it basically comes down to it has taken to long to reschedule and should just be a draw like discussed earlier, and as Timmy said is already down as a draw on mycricket. And when will Days get it through his head we don't pay players.
Bluey - came as a footy recruit, no longer plays footy here but has stayed on and is now captain.
Montys - came after Mallala ahead no A grade, knew bluey and Paro through junior footy. Like the club culture so have stayed.
Raed - knew Bluey through his earlier cricket, came as a friend.
Papas - ditto to Bluey
Paro - everyone knows about Benny, so no need to get into that, top bloke
Anyone else we pay guys, Jakavasarus only gets paid 900 per wicket now with the economic situation we are in.

Blah blah blah, whatever not sure who your trying to convince as I said you guys have recruited well there is no rules against what your doing ..well done to your club is what I say.

Anyway I'm sure benny mac wouldn't be far away to jump to your rescue , look forward to watching you guys keep trying to bluff us all into thinking you know what your talking about when it comes to A grade cricket.

Your mate :-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Everybody knows I'm a fat b grade hack, no secrets there!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 pm

bennymacca wrote:Everybody knows I'm a fat b grade hack, no secrets there!

Excuse me, less of the b grade hack, haha ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby THE POPE » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 pm

scud wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Maybe, just maybe if you run a good club, with good people and you don't belt your mates, people will want to play for you. It's not our fault they are from out of the town.
Kind Regards T.Carmichael
P.S Paro lives in Freeling!

This is a bullshit post, boundary rider.. Don't mind you having a personal crack at a bloke who loves to stir the pot and get people to bite back which you do every time but don't bring the club into it, each club to there own with the way they run things but your having a crack at a club who continually play finals cricket and still have played 6 junior cricketers in past 18 months , and if they aren't in the ones they are a regular in the two s who sit 3 rd and are set to play finals...
As for your club it's a fact that you have a big number of players that aren't locals but that's good recruiting. In saying that it does leave the opening for some people to have a crack... As your about the only club that have that amount of outsiders playing, but there is no rules against it so don't get defensive.
P.S I don't think Paro is who days is talking about mainly

U must mean Papas hey scud? I remember facing him in PDCA, unplayable!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
THE POPE
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Need a pitch that bends at right angles, hoops them around corners
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Extractor » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:53 am

This is great. I've brought some popcorn to work today to watch this unfold if and when the game is called off...
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:05 am

Extractor wrote:This is great. I've brought some popcorn to work today to watch this unfold if and when the game is called off...

On a day like today I would have got a few choc tops as well ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:11 am

Extractor wrote:This is great. I've brought some popcorn to work today to watch this unfold if and when the game is called off...

still forecasting 43 for sunday. guessing game will be called off soon.

not a good way to win, but if you look at the one day ladder, none of the other teams were even in the ballpark, and you could have tossed a coin over who would have been the other finalist.

not saying it would be a guaranteed win on the day of course.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:23 am

bennymacca wrote:

still forecasting 43 for sunday. guessing game will be called off soon.

not a good way to win, but if you look at the one day ladder, none of the other teams were even in the ballpark, and you could have tossed a coin over who would have been the other finalist.

not saying it would be a guaranteed win on the day of course.

Okay will I'm out of here until Monday morning have a three day conference to attend, so ill see you all next week (hopefully its as full as life like this one was).
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby FREO » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:00 am

Any news on the 1 day final tomorrow?
FREO

Been liked: 0 time

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:26 pm

FREO wrote:Any news on the 1 day final tomorrow?

I think it might time for Doeckes to step in as president, and put an end to this Whole farce. Rules are there for a reason!
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby TimmiesChin » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

I think it might time for Doeckes to step in as president, and put an end to this Whole farce. Rules are there for a reason!

How is it a farce until the news shows the weather?

Another hour or so and everyone can have a beer.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby The mongoose » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:00 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

I thought you said you were out of here til Monday, only reason I've come on thinking wouldn't have to read your shit... Why don't you just think before you post crap. The "rule" as you keep bringing up is over 40 in Elizabeth at 6:25 on ch 9. Not that hard rocket scientist
The mongoose

Been liked: 2 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:

Got nothing to do with Doeck's, ya just need to know someone at Ch 9, good work cuz!!
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Extractor » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:13 pm

wow....
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby scud » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm

So Angaston are the club that changed all the rules yeah?? Well I'm sure the rule is if its 40 or above at Elizabeth on the nine news then the game is cancelled... So then tell me when I was sitting watching the weather and they put up Elizabeth 39 , why aren't we playing tomorrow, well we were until freeling got a email from nine saying they were wrong , well bad luck rules are rules right, boundary rider? So I look forward to seeing what the Execs come up with this week now after angaston have protested that it was 39 so game should be played. Lets just put it on another day and be done with it, every time I speak to your captain he is happy to play , or that's what he says. But starting to get the feeling maybe he's not.

Anyway it's up to the guys running the association now ....
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Shoot it » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Scud - is the game off???? - just a rumour I've heard. Freeling have been the best team all year, and with the current forecast at 43 - I think it should just be declared a Freeling win. You shouldn't change rules - The executive also have a obligation to look after the health and well being of the players and officials - this is more important than the one day cup,
Shoot it

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:31 pm

scud wrote:So Angaston are the club that changed all the rules yeah?? Well I'm sure the rule is if its 40 or above at Elizabeth on the nine news then the game is cancelled... So then tell me when I was sitting watching the weather and they put up Elizabeth 39 , why aren't we playing tomorrow, well we were until freeling got a email from nine saying they were wrong , well bad luck rules are rules right, boundary rider? So I look forward to seeing what the Execs come up with this week now after angaston have protested that it was 39 so game should be played. Lets just put it on another day and be done with it, every time I speak to your captain he is happy to play , or that's what he says. But starting to get the feeling maybe he's not.

Anyway it's up to the guys running the association now ....

So you reckon if a tv makes a mistake that should take preference over the actual forecast?

It's gonna be 43 tomorrow!!!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:37 am

Shoot it wrote:Scud - is the game off???? - just a rumour I've heard. Freeling have been the best team all year, and with the current forecast at 43 - I think it should just be declared a Freeling win. You shouldn't change rules - The executive also have a obligation to look after the health and well being of the players and officials - this is more important than the one day cup,

Apparently not...or is Burgo just looking for redemption from last years whitewash
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:39 am

Shoot it wrote:Scud - is the game off???? - just a rumour I've heard. Freeling have been the best team all year, and with the current forecast at 43 - I think it should just be declared a Freeling win. You shouldn't change rules - The executive also have a obligation to look after the health and well being of the players and officials - this is more important than the one day cup,

Can't agree enough mate, people's health is the most important thing.. That's why we aren't playing today but doesn't change fact at 6:25 last night ch 9 news had Elizabeth 39... But as I said its with the execs now and we will see..
Agree aswell that freeling have been the best one day team in the comp this year but would they be the best team on the day?? Which to win a flag you need to be, we finished clearly on top last year and were out played on the day..
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps