Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:46 am

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Shoot it wrote:Scud - is the game off???? - just a rumour I've heard. Freeling have been the best team all year, and with the current forecast at 43 - I think it should just be declared a Freeling win. You shouldn't change rules - The executive also have a obligation to look after the health and well being of the players and officials - this is more important than the one day cup,

Apparently not...or is Burgo just looking for redemption from last years whitewash

You might be right for once Shea (seeing you like to use real names) last year was a tough year to take , but as im very competitive and play for a club i love, I do want redemption, is that hard to believe... Wouldn't have thought whitewash mate but you just keep being a hero behind the keyboard ... Keyboard warrior
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Papas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:15 am

Scud I can't even believe you are arguing this. If the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn't have even been mentioned. I thought the rules stated on a Friday not Saturday that if it's 40 or above the game is called off. So you got lucky with the Saturday then a verbal error was made. Didn't change the fact that 43 was on the screen on 9 news and every other station including the BOM website. Not to mention channel 9 have admitted the mistake with 2 committee members being told from channel 9 as well. It's a disgrace it is going to execs to decide. What about the 100's of other teams that have missed out on finals because of the weather. It's just part and parcel of the game.
Papas
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:48 am

scud wrote: we finished clearly on top last year and were out played on the day..

You guys were second on the one day ladder last year too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:52 am

Papas wrote:Scud I can't even believe you are arguing this. If the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn't have even been mentioned. I thought the rules stated on a Friday not Saturday that if it's 40 or above the game is called off. So you got lucky with the Saturday then a verbal error was made. Didn't change the fact that 43 was on the screen on 9 news and every other station including the BOM website. Not to mention channel 9 have admitted the mistake with 2 committee members being told from channel 9 as well. It's a disgrace it is going to execs to decide. What about the 100's of other teams that have missed out on finals because of the weather. It's just part and parcel of the game.

The rules state on the evening news prior to the days play.
And im led to believe that it was the other way around. Screen said 39, apparently verbally they said 43.
Right decision has been made not to play today
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby THE POPE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

scud wrote:So Angaston are the club that changed all the rules yeah?? Well I'm sure the rule is if its 40 or above at Elizabeth on the nine news then the game is cancelled... So then tell me when I was sitting watching the weather and they put up Elizabeth 39 , why aren't we playing tomorrow, well we were until freeling got a email from nine saying they were wrong , well bad luck rules are rules right, boundary rider? So I look forward to seeing what the Execs come up with this week now after angaston have protested that it was 39 so game should be played. Lets just put it on another day and be done with it, every time I speak to your captain he is happy to play , or that's what he says. But starting to get the feeling maybe he's not.

Anyway it's up to the guys running the association now ....

I heard a whisper it states in Lade's very lucrative contract, if they need to get intouch with tredders he has to accommodate or his contract is void!
Ps I hate tredders, and so does everyone else!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
THE POPE
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:08 am

bennymacca wrote:
scud wrote: we finished clearly on top last year and were out played on the day..

You guys were second on the one day ladder last year too

Sorry I was talking overall comp. but we did only finish second to G/C.. This is my point guys last year if it was a weekend like we have just had on either the semi weekend or the G/F weekend then freeling would've been knocked out and in the end were clearly the best team on the days of both finals ... This is all I'm saying. Again whatever happens happens but lets look at the rule for future "finals"
scud
Under 16s

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:10 am

THE POPE wrote:
scud wrote:So Angaston are the club that changed all the rules yeah?? Well I'm sure the rule is if its 40 or above at Elizabeth on the nine news then the game is cancelled... So then tell me when I was sitting watching the weather and they put up Elizabeth 39 , why aren't we playing tomorrow, well we were until freeling got a email from nine saying they were wrong , well bad luck rules are rules right, boundary rider? So I look forward to seeing what the Execs come up with this week now after angaston have protested that it was 39 so game should be played. Lets just put it on another day and be done with it, every time I speak to your captain he is happy to play , or that's what he says. But starting to get the feeling maybe he's not.

Anyway it's up to the guys running the association now ....

I heard a whisper it states in Lade's very lucrative contract, if they need to get intouch with tredders he has to accommodate or his contract is void!
Ps I hate tredders, and so does everyone else!!!

Ha ha was waiting for that. Well played =D
scud
Under 16s

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Papas wrote:Scud I can't even believe you are arguing this. If the shoe was on the other foot it wouldn't have even been mentioned. I thought the rules stated on a Friday not Saturday that if it's 40 or above the game is called off. So you got lucky with the Saturday then a verbal error was made. Didn't change the fact that 43 was on the screen on 9 news and every other station including the BOM website. Not to mention channel 9 have admitted the mistake with 2 committee members being told from channel 9 as well. It's a disgrace it is going to execs to decide. What about the 100's of other teams that have missed out on finals because of the weather. It's just part and parcel of the game.

The rules state on the evening news prior to the days play.
And im led to believe that it was the other way around. Screen said 39, apparently verbally they said 43.
Right decision has been made not to play today

Firstly on the screen was 39 and when your watching news without hearing it, its a little confusing, secondly I'd hope if the shoes were reversed you guys would try as best as possible to get a game on... Anyway this is just a forum for people to have some fun with , no one really knows on here what is actually happening. I just like everyone else on here like stirring the pot. As I said in my speech last year the two day flag in the important one, but would hate to see "hot" weather is the reason for a flag to be handed out.

Again I say Papas I agree , it is very unfortunate for those 100s of teams this is why something needs to be done... If it rains that's just bad luck and becomes a physical danger for bowlers etc and all cricket gets called of for rain. But what is the big difference between 39 and 42 both bloody hot. We are all grown men and know that we have to hydrate properly.. A grang final shouldnt be decided over 2 or 3 degrees. That my point. But as I've said before and I'll say again for you freeling people that like to just read what you want to, if freeling are rewarded with flag then good on them as they are undefeated and deserve it,
scud
Under 16s

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:34 am

it becomes a safety issue, no matter what was or wasn't put on the ch9 news. Can you imagine if someone got heat stroke? Would be all sorts of liability issues if players or the association made a decision to ignore their own heat rules

Also can't work out why Freeling won't be declared winner, just one of those things that you live with in summer sport.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Papas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:58 am

Firstly on the screen was 39 and when your watching news without hearing it, its a little confusing, secondly I'd hope if the shoes were reversed you guys would try as best as possible to get a game on... Anyway this is just a forum for people to have some fun with , no one really knows on here what is actually happening. I just like everyone else on here like stirring the pot. As I said in my speech last year the two day flag in the important one, but would hate to see "hot" weather is the reason for a flag to be handed out.

Again I say Papas I agree , it is very unfortunate for those 100s of teams this is why something needs to be done... If it rains that's just bad luck and becomes a physical danger for bowlers etc and all cricket gets called of for rain. But what is the big difference between 39 and 42 both bloody hot. We are all grown men and know that we have to hydrate properly.. A grang final shouldnt be decided over 2 or 3 degrees. That my point. But as I've said before and I'll say again for you freeling people that like to just read what you want to, if freeling are rewarded with flag then good on them as they are undefeated and deserve it,[/quote]

Sorry scud ill stand corrected on the way at which 39 was shown. Honestly though this is the exact reason we have these rules in place. Channel 9 made a mistake and have admitted it. The difference between 39 and 43 is only 4 degrees but they have made a rule in most associations that 40 is the cut off and it went above 40. Final or not and whoever is the better team on the day and whoever is the better team all year means nothing. This should never have been an issue because a rule is in place. Of course everyone wants to play a final and win them outright but these things happen. You think the guy leading the race that Steven Bradbury won gold in complained because he was the better guy?? Rules are rules. You have said it yourself on another occasion and we had to live with it. Move on and forward before we make this association look bad.
Papas
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Here's a question for anyone from any league about the heat rule in general.

Is the heat policy that most associations have in place about player safety or simply about convienience?
It seems we all go by a forecast that is made 18 hours before the event. This seems to be more about calling games off early so people can do something else with their weekend.
The forecast could be 39 and on the actual day it gets to 42 but we are still playing and could also happen in reverse to that where the temp doesnt reach the forecast and we are not playing.
If we were serious about player safety shouldnt we have umpires armed with thermometers who can make a local judgment at their particular ground. We sit around and wait for showers to pass and grounds to be fit to play on so why cant we sit around when its hot and wait for temp to drop below 40? In some caases we may get 1 or 2 hours in before it reaches 40 and another couple later in the day when it cools down a bit.
Yes of course we will have temperature variances across an association as big as ours where some would play and some wouldnt but is that no different to a rain affected day?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Papas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:15 pm

It was 40 before 11am this morning and hasn't gone down.
Papas
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Papas wrote:Firstly on the screen was 39 and when your watching news without hearing it, its a little confusing, secondly I'd hope if the shoes were reversed you guys would try as best as possible to get a game on... Anyway this is just a forum for people to have some fun with , no one really knows on here what is actually happening. I just like everyone else on here like stirring the pot. As I said in my speech last year the two day flag in the important one, but would hate to see "hot" weather is the reason for a flag to be handed out.

Again I say Papas I agree , it is very unfortunate for those 100s of teams this is why something needs to be done... If it rains that's just bad luck and becomes a physical danger for bowlers etc and all cricket gets called of for rain. But what is the big difference between 39 and 42 both bloody hot. We are all grown men and know that we have to hydrate properly.. A grang final shouldnt be decided over 2 or 3 degrees. That my point. But as I've said before and I'll say again for you freeling people that like to just read what you want to, if freeling are rewarded with flag then good on them as they are undefeated and deserve it,

Sorry scud ill stand corrected on the way at which 39 was shown. Honestly though this is the exact reason we have these rules in place. Channel 9 made a mistake and have admitted it. The difference between 39 and 43 is only 4 degrees but they have made a rule in most associations that 40 is the cut off and it went above 40. Final or not and whoever is the better team on the day and whoever is the better team all year means nothing. This should never have been an issue because a rule is in place. Of course everyone wants to play a final and win them outright but these things happen. You think the guy leading the race that Steven Bradbury won gold in complained because he was the better guy?? Rules are rules. You have said it yourself on another occasion and we had to live with it. Move on and forward before we make this association look bad.[/quote]

Ok rules are rules, answer me this question with a simple yes or no
Does the heat rule say we go by the forecast temp on the TV news service the night prior to the days play subject to written confirmation from said news service that their broadcast was correct or incorrect?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The mongoose » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm

So shitty I should've jumped on here before I drove to kapunda today, I watch the news and seen it was 39 in Elizabeth so packed the esky this morning and got up there to a empty oval. Oh well the esky is now next to me on the couch... Was going to watch TV but this looks alot more entertaining...
The mongoose

Been liked: 2 times

Postby james07 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 pm

I know you've read the book plenty of times days and according to me it doesn't state ch9 for seniors it just says TV weather news but I think this simple its over 40 game off, lets not make it more complicated then that
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Papas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:30 pm

You keep pinning your hopes on a mistake. The forecast was 43 and a error was made. Stop trying to make something out of nothing. You can come up with a million different scenarios of why it should or shouldnt be but the cold hard facts are it's a 43 degree forecast if your brain doesn't comprehend that then maybe your suffering a little heat stroke yourself. Get over it and move on. What's gonna happen if you miss out on the two day finals you gonna come up with a new rule saying you were the better team all year so you should be in there?
Papas
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:35 pm

I thought it was asking a bit much to get a simple yes or no
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Ok rules are rules, answer me this question with a simple yes or no
Does the heat rule say we go by the forecast temp on the TV news service the night prior to the days play subject to written confirmation from said news service that their broadcast was correct or incorrect?

the channel 9 news is surely a rule for convenience, it does not overrule the temperature rule. so if there is an error surely common sense prevails and other sources can be used, like the BOM forecast or any other multitude of sources.

can you see how ridiculous your argument sounds?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:43 pm

daysofourlives wrote:I thought it was asking a bit much to get a simple yes or no

to a silly loaded question?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The mongoose » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:50 pm

From what I'm reading no one is talking about today's game scud seems to have said that rules are rules and well done to freeling , but the conversation is now about the rule and whether it can be change for the FUTURE.. From what I see freeling are being a bit precious ... Everyone else has moved on from today's game maybe you guys should.
The mongoose

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps