Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby THE POPE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:57 pm

bennymacca wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Ok rules are rules, answer me this question with a simple yes or no
Does the heat rule say we go by the forecast temp on the TV news service the night prior to the days play subject to written confirmation from said news service that their broadcast was correct or incorrect?

the channel 9 news is surely a rule for convenience, it does not overrule the temperature rule. so if there is an error surely common sense prevails and other sources can be used, like the BOM forecast or any other multitude of sources.

can you see how ridiculous your argument sounds?

The thing about common sense is it not that common Bennymacca
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
THE POPE
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:58 pm

I am really looking forward to Sundays clash bennymacca V days
I wonder if Bennymacca will be as smart face to face...

Correct the mongoose I was over today's result when I got a message from doecks last night, I was just reporting what I was told by the pres if the association.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:17 pm

scud wrote:I am really looking forward to Sundays clash bennymacca V days

Correct the mongoose I was over today's result when I got a message from doecks last night, I was just reporting what I was told by the pres if the association.

You might have to give that one a miss scud, you may have your own battle with Papas and co to worry about mate
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:19 pm

well since last time i got him for a 4th ball duck after three plays and misses, the ball is in his court on that one :D

should be a good game
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Papas » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

You might have to give that one a miss scud, you may have your own battle with Papas and co to worry about mate

Haha what are we 10? We play against teams mate not individuals. Never batted against his bowling, never bowled to his batting.
Papas
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby scud » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Papas wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Haha what are we 10? We play against teams mate not individuals. Never batted against his bowling, never bowled to his batting.

Think he was just joking papas , relax buddy... As if those match ups would be fair ;)
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Wow have just read the posts from the last week or so (3 and a half pages) and it makes for some funny reading. I still generally think the right decision was made because where I'm standing its stinking hot. I believe everyone had some good valued points (scud, papas, Bennymacca, the pope) and also had some stupid posts (mainly Days ;-). But at the end of the day everyone has their right to free speech or in this case free writing. Just need to draw the boundary between right and wrong and don't make it personal.

Hopefully the Association handle the problem a little better next time or when they rewrite the rules just for Days ;-)
Also hope the editing staff at channel nine can do there job a little bit better next weekend.

Anyway as a said I think the right decision was made today, but don't get me wrong I'd rather be playing cricket on the weekend that having to listen to some dumb blonde bimbo on a reality show (wife watches some rubbish US shows) and doing 100 chores the missus wants done around the house. Can someone inform her that it may be 23 inside on the couch, but her dear hubby needs a beer cause I'm sweating my balls off outside!

P.S it's okay myself and Scud have kissed and made up and maybe we will even had a nice refreshing ale tomorrow night up in old K-town
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:54 pm

max 45.9 at roseworthy, 45 at elizabeth, bet everyone is glad there was no game!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:20 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Wow have just read the posts from the last week or so (3 and a half pages) and it makes for some funny reading. I still generally think the right decision was made because where I'm standing its stinking hot. I believe everyone had some good valued points (scud, papas, Bennymacca, the pope) and also had some stupid posts (mainly Days ;-). But at the end of the day everyone has their right to free speech or in this case free writing. Just need to draw the boundary between right and wrong and don't make it personal.

Hopefully the Association handle the problem a little better next time or when they rewrite the rules just for Days ;-)
Also hope the editing staff at channel nine can do there job a little bit better next weekend.

Anyway as a said I think the right decision was made today, but don't get me wrong I'd rather be playing cricket on the weekend that having to listen to some dumb blonde bimbo on a reality show (wife watches some rubbish US shows) and doing 100 chores the missus wants done around the house. Can someone inform her that it may be 23 inside on the couch, but her dear hubby needs a beer cause I'm sweating my balls off outside!

P.S it's okay myself and Scud have kissed and made up and maybe we will even had a nice refreshing ale tomorrow night up in old K-town

So tell me genius what was wrong with the way the association handled it?
Do you get your reliable information from here or are you on the Freeling committee?
The rules are pretty clear and have been followed except in the case where the association called all of Satrurdays matches off on Wednesday which most people were in favour of.
Sundays game was a Grand Final FFS why wouldnt they wait until saturday nights forecast?
Only the faark up by ch9 that caused confusion.
Looking forward to your summary of what the association did wrong.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 pm

The whole heat system is to myself stupid anyway, it can be 38c at Elizabeth but over 40c the more you head nth,the heat rule should use a proper forecast site via Roseworthy, not TV, but those who are so cricket cricket cricket and want to play in the heat. Good luck to you but me for one will not enforce my lad to play in extreme heat for what!!!! If you wish to play around with your health good luck to ya don't force others to do the same, anything from 36c-over is dangerous, but there are a lot of good health experts on here.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Extractor » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 am

There is not a whole lot wrong with our heat rule at the moment. The only tweak that needs to happen is to go to the BOM website and use either the Roseworthy or Elizabeth forecast. 99.9% of people have access to the internet these days and it removes any confusion around which channel news we are supposed to watch or what happens if someone says the wrong thing.

They normally release this forecast at about 4pm and this is what the commercial tv stations use.

Personally I would prefer to have the match called off on the Friday night instead of waiting until Saturday morning. I also think it needs to be one rule for the whole comp with everyone being cancelled or everyone playing. You want to avoid a couple of captains pushing to play anddoing deals because they need the points when others have been cancelled.
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Hot weather call to be made tomorrow?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:36 pm

magpieeagle wrote:Hot weather call to be made tomorrow?

No friday night news services as per the Heat Policy
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Was Wednesday last week!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Jim05 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:58 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Was Wednesday last week!!!

The forecast was for extreme heat so the association made a sensible call.
This week may not even get to 40, plenty of forecasters are predicting only 38-39
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:59 pm

i think given the fact that it was 43 might have changed it a bit...

edit: what jim said
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:01 pm

Jim05 wrote:plenty of forecasters

it would also cause much less confusion if people stopped going to other crappy weather sites that try to estimate the temperature at your town, and instead just look at the BOM. not having a go at you personally Jim, not sure if you have done that.

BOM has 41 for elizabeth atm
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Wow this thread has escalated quickly, go away for 8 weeks and hell breaks loose lol.
So after reading through the last few pages what was the outcome of last nights meeting?
Hoping for better weather this week but do the rules allow for both skippers to agree to play on Sunday if the temp is cooler?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby bennymacca » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Wow this thread has escalated quickly, go away for 8 weeks and hell breaks loose lol.
So after reading through the last few pages what was the outcome of last nights meeting?
Hoping for better weather this week but do the rules allow for both skippers to agree to play on Sunday if the temp is cooler?

Couple of catchup matches already on the sunday, unless they get rescheduled again...
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Wow this thread has escalated quickly, go away for 8 weeks and hell breaks loose lol.

There was no meeting last night that im aware of.
I guess you are referring to the one day G/F, that was awarded to Freeling on Sunday.
No the rules definitely do not allow for both captains to agree to play on Sunday. If the heat policy is enacted again this Saturday the points will be shared.
This will also apply to the two catch up games which are being played this Sunday
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps