Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Postby Red Rocket » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Wow this thread has escalated quickly, go away for 8 weeks and hell breaks loose lol.
So after reading through the last few pages what was the outcome of last nights meeting?
Hoping for better weather this week but do the rules allow for both skippers to agree to play on Sunday if the temp is cooler?

There was no meeting last night that im aware of.
I guess you are referring to the one day G/F, that was awarded to Freeling on Sunday.
No the rules definitely do not allow for both captains to agree to play on Sunday. If the heat policy is enacted again this Saturday the points will be shared.
This will also apply to the two catch up games which are being played this Sunday

Sorry my mistake, I thought I read back a few pages that the execs would make a decision so thought they would meet during the week.
Seems that common sense has prevailed and Freeling has been awarded the title.
Must admit im old school so not a fan of the heat policy but rules are rules
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:47 am

Jim05 wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:Hot weather call to be made tomorrow?

No friday night news services as per the Heat Policy

Was Wednesday last week!!!

The forecast was for extreme heat so the association made a sensible call.
This week may not even get to 40, plenty of forecasters are predicting only 38-39
Last edited by magpieeagle on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby TimmiesChin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am

magpieeagle wrote:And that's my point,39c for Elizabeth,43c roseworthy/nuri,yet people seem quite ok to put people at a helth risk just for a trophy and not a sheep station,,if my son was to have a health issue arise out of playing in full sunlight on 39c who takes the blame,i bet the association would hide and all you great health experts would too because I would hold someone to blame,but then again its all about winning sheep stations isn't it,how many would stand out and work in that heat for 6hrs,not to many here

The cutoff number has to be set somewhere. The policy is pretty much as good as you're going to get unless you want a policy where if the temperature anywhere in the comp is over 40 all cricket is called off. Regardless, even if the temp all over our district was 39, there's nothing stopping the actually temperature going above 40 - the BOM forecast is exactly that, a forecast.

As for apportioning blame, I would have thought if you had significant concerns about the temp on a given weekend and your sons welfare you would make the call or put steps in place yourself rather than looking for someone else to blame. When it comes down to it, rules are in place to add additional drinks breaks etc, and you can't realistically legislate for every scenario.

I'm really not sure where the heat policy - as documented mentions anything of sheep stations, its been put in place to do its best to address public safety, I would have thought that the policy as it stands is absolutely the opposite of encouraging the 'playing for sheep stations'. Don't get confused with the banter relating to last weeks abandoned one day final.
TimmiesChin
Under 18s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 am

magpieeagle wrote:And that's my point,39c for Elizabeth,43c roseworthy/nuri,yet people seem quite ok to put people at a helth risk just for a trophy and not a sheep station,,if my son was to have a health issue arise out of playing in full sunlight on 39c who takes the blame,i bet the association would hide and all you great health experts would too because I would hold someone to blame,but then again its all about winning sheep stations isn't it,how many would stand out and work in that heat for 6hrs,not to many here

Your son didnt like the way umpire behaved earlier in the year, now doesnt like the heat, are you sure Cricket is the sport for him?
Or is Dad getting a little over-protective?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:43 am

magpieeagle wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
No friday night news services as per the Heat Policy

Was Wednesday last week!!!

This week may not even get to 40, plenty of forecasters are predicting only 38-39

And that's my point,39c for Elizabeth,43c roseworthy/nuri,yet people seem quite ok to put people at a helth risk just for a trophy and not a sheep station,,if my son was to have a health issue arise out of playing in full sunlight on 39c who takes the blame,i bet the association would hide and all you great health experts would too because I would hold someone to blame,but then again its all about winning sheep stations isn't it,how many would stand out and work in that heat for 6hrs,not to many here

Where do you propose the cutoff is?
The forecast is only an estimate and temperatures can often vary by a couple of degrees. Do we call games off at 35 or do we adapt a similar policy as district cricket where only the top 2 grades play?
Remember its not compulsory to play so if you or your son have issues you are more than welcome to pull out for the day, no one can force you to play.
As for working in the heat the world doesnt stop for heat and id imagine most people on here work in it daily, im 47 and a welder by trade and I work 9 hours a day in a tin shed with no aircon, its all about taking adequate precautions and drinking plenty of water but we cant shut shop everytime it gets to 40
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:43 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:

Your son didnt like the way umpire behaved earlier in the year, now doesnt like the heat, are you sure Cricket is the sport for him?

Come and say hello when ever you want dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! want to have a go at my family you are more than welcome
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:45 pm

This week may not even get to 40, plenty of forecasters are predicting only 38-39[/quote]
And that's my point,39c for Elizabeth,43c roseworthy/nuri,yet people seem quite ok to put people at a helth risk just for a trophy and not a sheep station,,if my son was to have a health issue arise out of playing in full sunlight on 39c who takes the blame,i bet the association would hide and all you great health experts would too because I would hold someone to blame,but then again its all about winning sheep stations isn't it,how many would stand out and work in that heat for 6hrs,not to many here[/quote]
Where do you propose the cutoff is?
The forecast is only an estimate and temperatures can often vary by a couple of degrees. Do we call games off at 35 or do we adapt a similar policy as district cricket where only the top 2 grades play?
Remember its not compulsory to play so if you or your son have issues you are more than welcome to pull out for the day, no one can force you to play.
As for working in the heat the world doesnt stop for heat and id imagine most people on here work in it daily, im 47 and a welder by trade and I work 9 hours a day in a tin shed with no aircon, its all about taking adequate precautions and drinking plenty of water but we cant shut shop everytime it gets to 40[/quote]
I do to as well,sorry for having a opioin,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:47 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:

Come and say hello when ever you want dick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! want to have a go at my family you are more than welcome

or your the one that crys to the umpire when his bowling wizzes pass your ear ya,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:

or your the one that crys to the umpire when his bowling wizzes pass your ear ya,

My names johnny b good at Mallala if you would like to say hello,dont need to hide behind a keyboard
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Settle down champ, the point Im making is that, no matter what age your son is (and I actually dont know or care tbh) he is playing senior sport, so he takes on the same responsibility as any other player out there, whether that be playing circumstances, self well-being etc, I dont hink he needs his old man using him as an example on a forum all the time...

If you put your family on the forum you have to expect return fire mate... Even if it was meant as some banter... carry on...

And to respond, I dont complain to the umpire about balls fizzing past my head
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:07 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:Settle down champ, the point Im making is that, no matter what age your son is (and I actually dont know or care tbh) he is playing senior sport, so he takes on the same responsibility as any other player out there, whether that be playing circumstances, self well-being etc, I dont hink he needs his old man using him as an example on a forum all the time...

If you put your family on the forum you have to expect return fire mate... Even if it was meant as some banter... carry on...

And to respond, I dont complain to the umpire about balls fizzing past my head

Still want to meet ya next time we play,you know who I am now so you are more tham welcome to make yourself known to me at any time
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby all rounder » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:25 pm

the hot weather policy is in place for a reason we all voted on it all agreed, so stop complaining if ya not happy go play netball in the winter
all rounder
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Bordertown

Postby Extractor » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:48 am

Can anyone from Ango give us the inside news on what the forecast is going to be tonight on Channel 9?
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby THE POPE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:59 am

Extractor wrote:Can anyone from Ango give us the inside news on what the forecast is going to be tonight on Channel 9?

Well Ango are sitting 2nd & playing 3rd this week, so it's a safe bet it will be 40 or ever 47 just to be safe!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
THE POPE
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby magpieeagle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:09 am

THE POPE wrote:
Extractor wrote:Can anyone from Ango give us the inside news on what the forecast is going to be tonight on Channel 9?

Well Ango are sitting 2nd & playing 3rd this week, so it's a safe bet it will be 40 or ever 47 just to be safe!!!

Ango 3rd A2-playing Mallala 3rd A1R, be good to get this game in as both teams would like to push for a win and points, be good to play Sunday if not Saturday
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby bennymacca » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 am

Maybe they can play Mallala and Freeling at the same time on the Sunday?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Just let you all know that Bennymacca has picked up Days.....enjoy the walk off
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:15 pm

After todays results it appears Nuri has sealed a return to D1 next season.
After all the banter the last week or so it appears Bennymac had the last laugh today although I still feel Days may have the final say in a few weeks time
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:27 am

Red Rocket wrote:After todays results it appears Nuri has sealed a return to D1 next season.
After all the banter the last week or so it appears Bennymac had the last laugh today although I still feel Days may have the final say in a few weeks time

We still have to beat either sandy this week or tanunda in the final round to even make the finals, lot of work still to do yet...
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:After todays results it appears Nuri has sealed a return to D1 next season.

We still have to beat either sandy this week or tanunda in the final round to even make the finals, lot of work still to do yet...

Nuri are going to be hard to beat in A1R,we have them over the next two weeks which will show us where we are at but they are good!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps