Turnover of SANFL Coaches

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Turnover of SANFL Coaches

Postby holden78 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 am

SANFLnut wrote:With Stevens appointed at Glenelg I would rank the appointed coaches this years as:
1. Gotch - Significant AFL experience which is what South were chasing. Gave up a really good role he was currently in to take it on.
2. Mickan - Not far behind. Proven to be a quality SANFL coach and clearly miles in front of Massie. Experienced and proven, but may also have been a bit of an easy option to go to. Hope he was convincing with his future plans.
3. Stevens - based on Glenelg's media release (biased I know) they seem impressed by his TAC cup involvement and his duties at Richmond. Hope they have not been sucked in to hiring a coach because he was a good player.
4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

Not much between 1 & 2 but would have them clearly ahead of others IMHO.

The Gays have the stand out mini league coach, he's super qualified :lol:
This bloke was so smart he walked out on all the hard work that he and his mates put in for years, couldn't see the Flag on offer the next season, walked into a dead end situation with a club on it's knees ....... smart man!
And how's this guy an upgrade on the last? Anyone want to get their hands dirty?
Only GFC could pass up experienced local older types for a Victorian Turncoat chasing credibility.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby tigerhutch » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am

SANFLnut wrote:With Stevens appointed at Glenelg I would rank the appointed coaches this years as:
1. Gotch - Significant AFL experience which is what South were chasing. Gave up a really good role he was currently in to take it on.
2. Mickan - Not far behind. Proven to be a quality SANFL coach and clearly miles in front of Massie. Experienced and proven, but may also have been a bit of an easy option to go to. Hope he was convincing with his future plans.
3. Stevens - based on Glenelg's media release (biased I know) they seem impressed by his TAC cup involvement and his duties at Richmond. Hope they have not been sucked in to hiring a coach because he was a good player.
4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

I would put Mickan ahead of Gotch
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

holden78 wrote:

The Gays have the stand out mini league coach, he's super qualified :lol:
This bloke was so smart he walked out on all the hard work that he and his mates put in for years, couldn't see the Flag on offer the next season, walked into a dead end situation with a club on it's knees ....... smart man!
And how's this guy an upgrade on the last? Anyone want to get their hands dirty?
Only GFC could pass up experienced local older types for a Victorian Turncoat chasing credibility.

the bloke suffered a neck injury that threatened both his career and mobility, then returned to play good afl footy, i reckon he's got credibility ticked.
He worked under hardwick at richmond, a former glenelg player and respected afl coach, who no doubt was listed as a credible reference. I think that puts him ahead of massie who fell into the league job.
And if you saw the flag going power's way in 04, I'm sure you are happily retired now given the life savings you had on them at the juicy pre-season odds on offer.
Truth is, I don't even chuckle at your insecurity anymore. And yes, I used to.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Crikey,dont go questioning holden78 mate!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby fester69 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Weatherald or Gallagher for Norwood??
fester69
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 32 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28 pm

fester69 wrote:Weatherald or Gallagher for Norwood??

I vote for creepy.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby holden78 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
fester69 wrote:Weatherald or Gallagher for Norwood??

I vote for creepy.

I vote for Manos :axe:
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL