Hypotheticals

Anything!

Re: Hypotheticals

Postby JK » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:09 pm

pafc1870 wrote:1) If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be?

2) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, cleaner, or gardener, which would you choose?

3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money.

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again?

5) If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be?

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them?

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select?

8 ) If you could solve ONE of the world's problems, what would it be and why?

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated?

10) Someone offers you this deal: $20,000 for nothing... or, $200,000 if you can pick the number they're thinking of between 1 and 5. What do you do?

1. A match that showed Barrie Robran in full flight
2. Cleaner
3. Give it
4. No
5. Polar Bear
6. Go for it
7. Europe I spose (but more likely neither)
8. Cure for cancer
9. Dunno, probably neither
10. Number 2, did I win?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Strawb » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 pm

pafc1870 wrote:1) If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be? Kennedy Assassination

2) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, cleaner, or gardener, which would you choose?
Cleaner
3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money. Give the cash

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again? Nope I would miss my kids

5) If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be? Tasmanian Tiger

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them? No

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select? Europe

8 ) If you could solve ONE of the world's problems, what would it be and why? Hunger there should be food for all

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated?Genius then hack

10) Someone offers you this deal: $20,000 for nothing... or, $200,000 if you can pick the number they're thinking of between 1 and 5. What do you do? Take the cash
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 pm

pafc1870 wrote:1) If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be? JFK Assassination

2) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, cleaner, or gardener, which would you choose? Cleaner

3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money. Be greedy, take the $10,000

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again? Hell NO

5) If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be? Lion

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them? There is the front door, bitch!

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select? Europe, because I've got my $10,000 to spend as well

8 ) If you could solve ONE of the world's problems, what would it be and why? Political Wars

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated? B - I'll be dead anyway so who cares what people think

10) Someone offers you this deal: $20,000 for nothing... or, $200,000 if you can pick the number they're thinking of between 1 and 5. What do you do?
$20,000 towards my Europe holiday
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 pm

pafc1870 wrote:1) If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be?

3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money.

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again?

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them?

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select?

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated?

1) North Adelaide winning the 1972 Champions of Australia
2) Cook
3) $10k for my own use
4) No
5) My wife.
6) F**k Off.
7) Europe, although $2k/month won't last me long.
8) Religion. Abolish it, or Tax it into non-existence.
9) genius of all time/never be appreciated until long after your death
10) $20,000
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Banker wrote:1. Dinosaurs!
2. Extremely good cook. (And the cook cleans in my house ;) )
3. 10k myself.
4. Toughest one... not sure, put a million cash in front of me and lets find out.
5. Hairy nosed wombat. Have hand raised a few, they are awesome pets. (females anyway...)
6. pfft no way.
7. Moon! (Need more than 24k for a year in Europe)
8. Religion. Scrap it.
9. Perceived as a genius, but really a hack.
10. 20k. Make it 1 million and i'll have a punt.

eerily similar!
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby FlyingHigh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:28 pm

1/ America's Cup win, to get an appreciation of how much we were underdogs and how much an achievement it was
2/ Cleaner. Don't mind the other two as hobbies.
3/ Define "really use the money". Homeless, definitely, give them the money. Family with four kids struggling to pay daily bills, no way.
4/ Probably. Definitely in 5-10 years time.
5/ Tassie Devil
6/ Would depend on what sort of bloke he was and how he'd treated her
7/ Europe
8/ Human overpopulation/deforestation/species decline.
9/ The former. Not my fault if people can't grasp what I'm doing or see past their own little worlds.
10/ $20k
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Psyber » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:00 pm

1. Moon Landing.
2. Gardener.
3. $10,000.
4. No. $1,000,000 is not enough.
5. Cheetah - domestication of them is not that difficult - getting hold of one is my problem.
6. No issue - I'm not insecure. (My wife's ex used to come to dinner when their daughter lived with us.)
7. A year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000 would be nice supplement to such a trip though not enough in itself.
8. Clean cheap energy in sufficiency.
9. The greatest genius of all time - then I'd solve the other peripheral problems for myself!
10. It may depend on my mood at the moment. (PS: But I'm most likely to keep the $20K.)
Last edited by Psyber on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm

1. First ever Olympics, first ever ashes test or Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game.
2. Cleaner. Picky eater and got mates that are landscapers.
3. $10,000
4. Yes. Go live in America.
5. Lion.
6. I'd punch her in the ovaries
7. Moon. Can always save and go to Europe.
8. Cure for cancer. Self explanatory.
9. Genius but is actually a hack. Couldn't care less what people think of me when I'm dead. Couldn't really care less about what people think of me when I'm alive either.
10. $20,000.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 pm

FroffiesMcVeigh wrote:1. First ever Olympics, first ever ashes test or Wilt Chamberlain's 100 point game.
2. Cleaner. Picky eater and got mates that are landscapers.
3. $10,000
4. Yes. Go live in America.
5. Lion.
6. I'd punch her in the ovaries
7. Moon. Can always save and go to Europe.
8. Cure for cancer. Self explanatory.
9. Genius but is actually a hack. Couldn't care less what people think of me when I'm dead. Couldn't really care less about what people think of me when I'm alive either.
10. $20,000.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 pm

If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be? Berlin Wall coming down.

2) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, cleaner, or gardener, which would you choose? Cleaner

3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money. $10K to me

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again? No

5) If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be? Elephant

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them? Piss off and join them

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select? Eurotrip

8 ) If you could solve ONE of the world's problems, what would it be and why? Cancer

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated? I'll take the accolades while I can enjoy them and get a free beer or two.

10) Someone offers you this deal: $20,000 for nothing... or, $200,000 if you can pick the number they're thinking of between 1 and 5. What do you do? $20K
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be? Berlin Wall coming down.

Great answer LM. Wish I'd thought of that, would have been an awesome thing to see.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 174 times

Postby Magnum Force » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 pm

1) Watch the moon landing live
2) Cleaner
3) 10K for myself
4) No Chance
5) Tiger
6) Kids i would have no problems with, The ex can take a long walk of a short jetty
7) 10 minutes on the moon, thats not goona happen again
8) Hunger, because i know how shitty i get when i havent eaten for 3 hours
9) Genuis now, I dont care what they think when im dead
10) $20k straight away, Then put it all on black
I'm kind of a big deal, people know me
Magnum Force
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:00 am

pafc1870 wrote:1) If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be? Moon Landing

3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money. Keep the $10k

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again? Take the money

5) If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be? Lion

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them? Take your bags with you

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select? Moon

8 ) If you could solve ONE of the world's problems, what would it be and why? Abolish religion, its the root of all evil

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated? Take the glory now

Go for the $200k, ive already got the $1m from leaving Australia
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby dedja » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Is it possible for Sam Stosur to ever win another tournament decider?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby SABRE » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 am

1) If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be?

I can’t make up my mind. Having had 5 computers that cost a fortune and all of ‘em f**ked up, I’d dearly love to go back and be Bill Gates mother’s gynaecologist! Then again, perhaps going back to the dinosaur extinction would be fun. I'd like to know how my wife’s family survived.

My favourite barmaid at the Crown. Hubba hubba !!!

Definitely the second one. Just imagine the next few hundred rounds of drinks !

If I was stuck there, I’d pay that just to leave Victoria !

Fort Battle-Axe !

“Sure, take this magic camera for the group shot. Just pull out the pin and let the lever go sweetheart.”

Being married, I’d take the moon every time! Just so long as oxygen isn’t included.

What’s so great about nitrogen, oxygen & hydrogen? Why isn’t alcohol more common ?

No one would dig up the grave of dumbest hack of all time. Heaven knows, you can get more qualified with every drink !

Stuff 1 and 5, I’d have 10 to 20 mates waiting to pinch the $200,000 !!!

If ya promise not to tell Fort Battle-Axe about all this, the first round’s on me boys !
\:D/
NFC 2021
SABRE
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:If you had a time machine and you could go back and witness any event in history (while not actually being a part of it), what event would it be? Berlin Wall coming down.

3) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money. $10K to me

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave Australia and never set foot in it again? No

5) If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be? The Wonder Elephant :D

6)Your partner just told you that they want to get a family picture done with their ex and their kids. What would you say to them? Piss off and join them

7) You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly spending money of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon. Which option do you select? Eurotrip

8 ) If you could solve ONE of the world's problems, what would it be and why? Cancer

9) Would you rather be the greatest genius of all time but so beyond people's comprehension that you'd never be appreciated until long after your death, or a person who is perceived as a genius in his own time but is later thought of as a mediocre hack who was overrated? I'll take the accolades while I can enjoy them and get a free beer or two.

10) Someone offers you this deal: $20,000 for nothing... or, $200,000 if you can pick the number they're thinking of between 1 and 5. What do you do? $20K

Edited for accuracy 8)
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Wedgie » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 am

Give me 100k let alone 1 mill and I'd leave Australia forever!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Armytank » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 am

Wedgie wrote:Give me 100k let alone 1 mill and I'd leave Australia forever!

Shall we start passing around the hat? ;)
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion