Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:37 am

Failed Creation wrote:The lads have training session at Alberton this morning at 9:30. This session is open to club members, and there will also be a free BBQ.

Count me in.

Shite. I've got a funeral this afternoon, otherwise I would have skipped work this morning and been there.

I usually get to a few sessions when they return after Xmas, around the 6-10th Jan if any one is keen. I'll try and get a training time program for that period...
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:53 am

Did anyone see Shulzs hanger at training the other day over Cam O'shea?? Was a monster and is floating around on some of the players Twitter and Instagram accounts..
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:05 am

Tiger83 wrote:Did anyone see Shulzs hanger at training the other day over Cam O'shea?? Was a monster and is floating around on some of the players Twitter and Instagram accounts..

On PTV on Youtube.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:38 am

Booney wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:The lads have training session at Alberton this morning at 9:30. This session is open to club members, and there will also be a free BBQ.

Count me in.

Shite. I've got a funeral this afternoon, otherwise I would have skipped work this morning and been there.

I usually get to a few sessions when they return after Xmas, around the 6-10th Jan if any one is keen. I'll try and get a training time program for that period...

Sign me up, sir.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby valleys07 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Another massive signing for PAFC- with Hamish Hartlett committing to the club until the end of 2016:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... t-adelaide
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm

valleys07 wrote:

Count me in.

General rule of thumb on here FC is a detailed summary of the training session for all the suckers that have to work, so don't forget your pen and paper ;)

My tip for todays re-signing- judging by the cryptic clue on the PAFC website, is Hartlett.

I'm sorry mate, I'll have to make it up to everyone next time...
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:32 pm

It just gets better. Brad Ebert commits to the club until 2017:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ide-family
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:49 pm

And the biggest fish is saved for last :D :D :D

Onya Boaky!!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ryear-deal

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:29 am

Hey lads, if you're free, Wednesday and Friday at alberton at 8:30 this week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:Hey lads, if you're free, Wednesday and Friday at alberton at 8:30 this week.

Open training again?
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Time trial today, apparently Polec beat his initial run from a few months ago, by a minute or so.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Most sessions this time of year, fans are welcome. I'll jump on the bike and head around there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Booney wrote:Most sessions this time of year, fans are welcome. I'll jump on the bike and head around there.

I think I'll head down for a look tomorrow morning.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:38 am

Just got here. Open session. Not yet started.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:41 am

Booney wrote:Just got here. Open session. Not yet started.

Bit of a review afterwards please Boon- especially who out of the young lads looks lively.

Thanks mate!

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 am

Well valleys, a few stood out this morning. The most impressive was Robbie Gray. He looks in fantastic shape and was moving around in midfield drills as smooth as you could want to.

Lobbe also appears to be in great nick, most of them are at this time of year, but Gray,Lobbe,Schulz, Wingard,Wines,Boak and Carlisle look as good as I have seen them.

Watched Polec closely, he looks like the type of bloke who does it with ease, the running side of things and he found a bit of the ball during the scratchy. Sorry, match simulation.

White is smaller in height but heavier than I thought he was, he looks strong but gee he can cover the ground. Butcher was moving well, Trengove and Bobby were moving and looking fit.

Young Jarman Impey is smaller than I thought, Mitch Harvey is a big lump of a lad and he along with Mason Shaw should make the third tall forward spot behind Schulz and Westy a real battle. Shaw looks imposing, I hope he can have an impact this year.

I'm sure most clubs would look great in January. We certainly do. Bring it on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 am

Awesome- thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Yeah agree about Gray. You only have to look at pre-season snaps to see how fit he is. Last year was all about getting him back from the knee and easing him back into the side and to the pace of the game. Quite clearly he is a class act and will form a very important component of our midfield rotations this season, such is his ability to break games open, ala v WCE last season.

That is another thing that burgo can be lauded for- the fitness levels of our big fellas. Lobbe covers the ground extremely well for a ruckman, almost like Cox used to in his prime. Whilst he has a bit of a way to go until he has that level of impact, he will be huge for us this year and I expect him to really stamp himself this season. Same with the transformation of Bobby. 2 years ago he was almost on the scrap heap and now he looks fitter than ever and ready to add a few big scalps to his resume. His job on Cloke in the EF last season was the best i've ever seen him play and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Im really hoping we get some competition out of Butcher, Shaw, and to a lesser extent, Harvey. Shaw in particular looks the goods. Mobile, athletic and can take a catch- exactly what will suit our gameplan. Westhoff and Shaw as the 2nd and 3rd talls will create havoc for opposition sides if they are both up and going in 2-3 years time.

I really like what I have seen so far of Impey. He looks very smooth, lightning quick and good skills- he is one that I have earmarked for an early debut as a rebounding defender. Clurey is another one that im hoping will break into the side this season.

Good to hear Polec and White are making progress. Hopefully Polec silences the crow nuffs and White adds another dimension of run and carry to our line-up. I am wondering whether or not we will see the defensive press used in the manner Fremantle used it with the new interchange caps coming into play? Either way- with a side brimming with pace and quick ball movement, get that mixed with high skill level and we are heading in the direction where it will be tough to beat.

Can.Not.Wait for the first game!

Who on here is attending the family day on feb 8?

valleys07
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 pm

valleys07 wrote:Awesome- thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Yeah agree about Gray. You only have to look at pre-season snaps to see how fit he is. Last year was all about getting him back from the knee and easing him back into the side and to the pace of the game. Quite clearly he is a class act and will form a very important component of our midfield rotations this season, such is his ability to break games open, ala v WCE last season.

That is another thing that burgo can be lauded for- the fitness levels of our big fellas. Lobbe covers the ground extremely well for a ruckman, almost like Cox used to in his prime. Whilst he has a bit of a way to go until he has that level of impact, he will be huge for us this year and I expect him to really stamp himself this season. Same with the transformation of Bobby. 2 years ago he was almost on the scrap heap and now he looks fitter than ever and ready to add a few big scalps to his resume. His job on Cloke in the EF last season was the best i've ever seen him play and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Im really hoping we get some competition out of Butcher, Shaw, and to a lesser extent, Harvey. Shaw in particular looks the goods. Mobile, athletic and can take a catch- exactly what will suit our gameplan. Westhoff and Shaw as the 2nd and 3rd talls will create havoc for opposition sides if they are both up and going in 2-3 years time.

I really like what I have seen so far of Impey. He looks very smooth, lightning quick and good skills- he is one that I have earmarked for an early debut as a rebounding defender. Clurey is another one that im hoping will break into the side this season.

Good to hear Polec and White are making progress. Hopefully Polec silences the crow nuffs and White adds another dimension of run and carry to our line-up. I am wondering whether or not we will see the defensive press used in the manner Fremantle used it with the new interchange caps coming into play? Either way- with a side brimming with pace and quick ball movement, get that mixed with high skill level and we are heading in the direction where it will be tough to beat.

Can.Not.Wait for the first game!

Who on here is attending the family day on feb 8?

Well said, Valleys.

The wife and I will certainly be there for family day. We'll probably check out training on Friday morning too.
Failed Creation
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Will try to get out there on Friday morning and take some pics
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby valleys07 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:02 am

Shaun Hart fills the position of Director of Coaching:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... 1_10229831

Hart brings with him 5 years of experience working with the suns, and will assist (in conjunction with Walsh) Hinkley in the running of the football department. Walsh will take on the strategic side of the football department, vacated by Alan Richardson.

IMO a very good appointment. A highly respected player, as well as being part of one of the great sides of the modern era gives our group much needed experience at the top. Hinkley has boasted his relationship with Hart in their time at the suns was one of the best relationships he has formed in football. Hopefully this helps us maintain that Hinkley / Richardson standard of communication, as well as the added experience of Walsh, leaving us in a better position than 2013.

valleys07
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL