Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Talk on the national game

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Postby kickinit » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Can't wait for Hinkley's presser. I thought it was strange how calm he was when we where getting smashed, he's a passionate coach and doesn't except below par performances but it seem like he was tonight.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby drifter » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:27 pm

They won the battle, but I still think we will win the war. First time in a long while that there were some non contributors. Probably the worst we have played all year after half time. Credit to Adelaide, they were just more desperate. Might be the reality check we needed.
drifter
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby valleys07 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Or have Adelaide opened up the little cracks that we have glued over for the best part of 14 weeks? Secret to beating port- smash their smalls. Wingard unsighted, Gus fought a nil all draw against Smith, and S.Gray/White/R.Gray didnt have anywhere near the scoreboard influence we needed them too. Our need for a 3rd tall is beginning to get critical to our hopes of a premiership. Westhoff goes missing and Schulzy (whilst I love him), is only good for 2-3 against the really measily defenders of the competition.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby cracka » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:43 pm

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone want to go today? Got a spare members ticket and none of my mates want to go!

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporterst yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

Crowd might be down today due to the weather, also a incident on the galwer train line. Trains are only running from mason lakes to the city. So anyone that usually catches a train between gawler to and mason lakes has to catch a bus.

Do only crows fans do that. You're f***ing joking right?
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ron Burgundy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 pm

valleys07 wrote:Or have Adelaide opened up the little cracks that we have glued over for the best part of 14 weeks? Secret to beating port- smash their smalls. Wingard unsighted, Gus fought a nil all draw against Smith, and S.Gray/White/R.Gray didnt have anywhere near the scoreboard influence we needed them too. Our need for a 3rd tall is beginning to get critical to our hopes of a premiership. Westhoff goes missing and Schulzy (whilst I love him), is only good for 2-3 against the really measily defenders of the competition.

Trengove and Carlisle out might hurt Port a bit in the next few weeks.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby helicopterking » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Port will finish 4th, danger of straight sets. Just my opinion. Don't think they can go another level which is vital towards the end of the year.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby valleys07 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:10 pm

helicopterking wrote:Port will finish 4th, danger of straight sets. Just my opinion. Don't think they can go another level which is vital towards the end of the year.

Probably a fair assessment there.

We lack KPP depth which is what the top 3 sides in Sydney, Fremantle and Hawthorn have in abundance.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby prowling panther » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:38 pm

valleys07 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Port will finish 4th, danger of straight sets. Just my opinion. Don't think they can go another level which is vital towards the end of the year.

We lack KPP depth which is what the top 3 sides in Sydney, Fremantle and Hawthorn have in abundance.

Until of course when those 3 team sget their fair share(of injuries) and those below regain their top liners.

Different ballgame then.

Dont chuck in the towel just yet Port fans
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:47 am

valleys07 wrote:
Seriously though- what the **** is going on with our umpires this season. Before you Adelaide fans get your knickers in a knot- someone tell me how Dangerfield gets the free for ripping Impey's head off? Someone tell me how Gray wasnt done holding the ball in that 2nd term (could throw a number of calls for HTB in there too)....fair dinkum AFL- get your **** together.

Absolute DISGRACE they were today :twisted:

The problem is that things will NEVER change because the AFL and the director of umpiring refuse to admit there's a problem :oops:

I can live with the 50/50 decisions but its the blatantly obvious mistakes as well as the massive inconsistencies in their interpretations of the holding the ball rule.
Obviously perfection is not achievable but just some simple consistency would keep most supporters, players and coaches happy.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:33 am

kickinit wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone want to go today? Got a spare members ticket and none of my mates want to go!

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

Crowd might be down today due to the weather, also a incident on the galwer train line. Trains are only running from mason lakes to the city. So anyone that usually catches a train between gawler to and mason lakes has to catch a bus.

Lol and you have the gall to call some players front runners.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:21 am

bennymacca wrote:
kickinit wrote:

I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

And question how much of a supporters others are.

At least alot of us aren't going to games for a genuine reason
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 am

prowling panther wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Until of course when those 3 team sget their fair share(of injuries) and those below regain their top liners.

Different ballgame then.

Yep, Port haven't been settled for several weeks, since Polec went down against Hawthorn we've had Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi, Impey and now Trengove and Carlile miss some time.

I'd rather this little run of bad luck and niggling little injuries be in round 15 when we are second on the ladder and not in a semi-final.

Don't under estimate Cassisi missing from our back half, he is the general down there and free's up Broadbent and Hartlett to set up the play.

Essendon (H), Richmond (A), Melbourne (H) all very winnable and loseable games in the next three weeks for Port.

Will be interesting to see how we structure up in the back half in coming weeks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7486 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby JK » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:50 am

3 wins there. You guys will be fine.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:59 am

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
kickinit wrote:

His reason is as genuine as anyone elses. You know why? Because the reason doesn't matter because it's no one else's ******* business.

Now, that's not an attack on you whufc, I'm just sick of football fans giving it the "you left early" or the "why weren't you there" to other fans. Why I/we/he/she did/didn't go in nobody else's business.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:07 am

Actually I think not going because of not wanting to put up with clueless Crows morons is one of the better excuses. Better than having a limb amputated.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:03 pm

i got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

Lol and you have the gall to call some players front runners.[/quote]
[/quote]

His reason is as genuine as anyone elses. You know why? Because the reason doesn't matter because it's no one else's ******* business.

Now, that's not an attack on you whufc, I'm just sick of football fans giving it the "you left early" or the "why weren't you there" to other fans. Why I/we/he/she did/didn't go in nobody else's business.[/quote]

I agree with you, I just thought I would get one back at a poster whose pretty quick to question how true some supporters are

My pet hate one is the old 'they celebrated like the won the flag'

Sad days if u can't enjoy a win at the footy
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby cennals05 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:03 pm

kickinit wrote:I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

kickinit wrote:but if you are a true supporter then you would support your club not matter who they where playing.

So now we know you're not a true supporter.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 pm

cennals05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:I got offered members tickets today but refused to go. 1 I didn't want to listen to a stupid crow over the loud speaker and 2 I didn't want to listen to stupid crow supporters yell out ball whenever a player is touched.

kickinit wrote:but if you are a true supporter then you would support your club not matter who they where playing.

Support is one thing, attending/not attending the game for various reasons is another.

I think he's referring to people not attending SANFL games where the Crows side is involved, or indeed not following the side at all anymore, or indeed changing the club you support.

Good selective editing though, must have taken you a while? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Booney wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

Support is one thing, attending/not attending the game for various reasons is another.

I think he's referring to people not attending SANFL games where the Crows side is involved, or indeed not following the side at all anymore, or indeed changing the club you support.

Good selective editing though, must have taken you a while? :lol:

But why are we not true supporters for deciding not to go to games for what we think are legitimate reasons, but he is allowed to not attend and still be a true supporter?

If you're going to talk the talk then make sure you can walk the walk.
Last edited by cennals05 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Booney wrote:
prowling panther wrote:
valleys07 wrote:

Different ballgame then.

Yep, Port haven't been settled for several weeks, since Polec went down against Hawthorn we've had Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi, Impey and now Trengove and Carlile miss some time.

I'd rather this little run of bad luck and niggling little injuries be in round 15 when we are second on the ladder and not in a semi-final.

Don't under estimate Cassisi missing from our back half, he is the general down there and free's up Broadbent and Hartlett to set up the play.

Essendon (H), Richmond (A), Melbourne (H) all very winnable and loseable games in the next three weeks for Port.

Will be interesting to see how we structure up in the back half in coming weeks.

A genuine top 4 side would not drop games against Richmond or Melbourne.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL