Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby RustyCage » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 pm

JohnnyG wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:So what would have happened of the fans picked a different guernsey to the one that apparently they had already picked?

Probably voted themselves for that guernsey a few thousand times to make sure it got over the line

Unfortunately for all those on here making false assertions, the fact is that the guernsey picked by the fans is the one that the AFC have gone with. (ie the V style).

You're saying it like the Crows are a trustworthy organization who can be trusted to run something like this vote fairly
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Why would they do something like that? It was clearly the best design.

Put the tin foil hat away
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Tassie Blues » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:58 pm

PhilH wrote:Crows AFL jumper would be a dark clash with Norwood, South, Glenelg & West and probably Port

Same hoops style as Central just darker blue

That leaves just Sturt, Eagles & North there is no likeness with ....

you do know that every "clash"jumper has nothing to do with a clash of colours its more about the cash than the clash. $$$

Im not sure how players mannaged for over 100 years before someone thought of having an alternative guernsey.
Tassie Blues
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby RustyCage » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:Why would they do something like that? It was clearly the best design.

Put the tin foil hat away

it's keeping my head warm
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 pm

SimonH wrote:For all the talk of 'one leadership player', the Crows can bring in whomever they want and pay them as much as they want. Just hire them as assistant coaches. Or, in homage to The Office, Assistants to the Coaches. Anyway, you pay them a pittance for running around and playing footy, and a (state league) fortune for 'developing the junior members of the group' and 'leading by example'.

Here's an excellent plan for circumventing the salary cap (let's face it, the comp has already thrown away its credibility, so the gloves are off): if the Crows can, why can't every SANFL team have a playing assistant coach? Or more than one? "We can only squeeze in $25k of our cap for your playing fees—but luckily an assistant midfield coach spot just became vacant. And you're the perfect candidate."

Sam Lonergan, Leader of Men: come on down!

Your assuming a SANFL club has pockets as deep as the Crows.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby SimonH » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Your assuming a SANFL club has pockets as deep as the Crows.
Not as deep as the Crows (who, let's face it, are no threat to win a SANFL flag any time soon unless they significantly re-game the system). But deeper than other SANFL clubs. Deep enough for the salary cap to be an impediment in the real game: getting an advantage over other clubs who might be in a position to win the flag.

There would be no point in having a salary cap, unless some clubs were willing and able to spend more than it, if not prevented from doing so.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:16 am

SimonH wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Your assuming a SANFL club has pockets as deep as the Crows.
Not as deep as the Crows (who, let's face it, are no threat to win a SANFL flag any time soon unless they significantly re-game the system). But deeper than other SANFL clubs. Deep enough for the salary cap to be an impediment in the real game: getting an advantage over other clubs who might be in a position to win the flag.

There would be no point in having a salary cap, unless some clubs were willing and able to spend more than it, if not prevented from doing so.

I dont think the Crows or Power will be that far away, all dependant on injuries.
What we need to consider is the standard of the curent SANFL teams will IMO drop considerably. Just the removal of AFL listed players from each team will do that. Also the possibility and we have seen some retirements already of the 26-32 yr olds who dont want to be part of a development league.
The comp wont need rules like only one player over 28 for Crows and Power, It will be the norm for all clubs and they will be lucky to have one player over 28. There won't need to be a salary cap either when SAAFL and country clubs have a bigger budget than the league clubs.
Hope Im wrong but give it 5 years
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby beenreal » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
SimonH wrote:

I dont think the Crows or Power will be that far away, all dependant on injuries.
What we need to consider is the standard of the curent SANFL teams will IMO drop considerably. Just the removal of AFL listed players from each team will do that. Also the possibility and we have seen some retirements already of the 26-32 yr olds who dont want to be part of a development league.
The comp wont need rules like only one player over 28 for Crows and Power, It will be the norm for all clubs and they will be lucky to have one player over 28. There won't need to be a salary cap either when SAAFL and country clubs have a bigger budget than the league clubs.

Don't even think of lumping the PAFC in with that mercenary abomination known as the Camry Number 2s. While they continue with this pathetic policy of rotating "top up" players through their system on 4-6 week contracts, they'll never be known as anything but a practice side.

Unlike Port Adelaide who are continuing the process of contracting their squads (Juniors, Reserves & League) for a tilt at the Premiership over the entire season.

PAFC- Doing everything better than everyone else for 143 years
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Wedgie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Congratulations beenreal, I honestly can say I think that last line is the best troll I've ever seen on this site and you've beaten some high quality opposition too! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby csbowes » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Port are a significant player in the relegation of the league to a development league.

AFLSA as I've said a few times...

There is no way the league will let either AFL team finish below 5th or 6th too often, they'll sacrifice the other feeder clubs like Sturt and South to ensure finals participation is the norm as that's what the AFL clubs will demand.

It won't be long before the league director are not even consulted on league direction, they'll just be caretakers of associate clubs, all clubs will eventually quack, waddle and look like fake clubs.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby the joker » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:13 pm

beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
SimonH wrote:

Don't even think of lumping the PAFC in with that mercenary abomination known as the Camry Number 2s. While they continue with this pathetic policy of rotating "top up" players through their system on 4-6 week contracts, they'll never be known as anything but a practice side.

Unlike Port Adelaide who are continuing the process of contracting their squads (Juniors, Reserves & League) for a tilt at the Premiership over the entire season.

only continuing with reserves and juniors for 12 months mate
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby sjt » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:58 pm

beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
SimonH wrote:

I hope port magpies keep "doing everything better than everyone else" as per their last decade.
sjt
League - Best 21

Been liked: 59 times

Postby Long live SAnFL » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:13 pm

beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
SimonH wrote:

Questionable statement given the PAMS have been in the deep freeze since 1999 and the Power has needed bankrolling to survive...
Long live SAnFL
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby SimonH » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else; digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else; running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.

Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure.
SimonH
Under 18s

Been liked: 62 times

Postby therisingblues » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:39 am

SimonH wrote:Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else; digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else; running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.

Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure.

:lol:
Suck on that Beenreel!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby maccad » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am

Beenreal I would put both port powers in the category as the cows, I would not trust either of the teams as far as I could throw them. I hope both teams finish down the bottom in both competitions like you have so often in the last decade. Beenreal you sound so proud of what the power has done to the former port Adelaide magpies, now for me will always be the port power reserves side, which I no longer consider our arch rival just an afl reserves team that I no longer respect just despise . From next year the tally starts @ norwood no wins power no wins until we play you. In which I will not be attending unless there are no norwood players from this years grand final playing (lewis Stephenson is an exception as he was not ours anyway).
maccad
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby beenreal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:23 pm

therisingblues wrote:
SimonH wrote:Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Suck on that Beenreel!

Wow, a primary school insult from some anonymous nobody across cyberspace. I'm Shakkkkkking.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:31 pm

I like how when Hocking was appointed coach, the side was named the Port Adelaide Academy side in the article. Yes, complete with upper case A, denoting that academy is regarded as part of the team's name.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:36 pm

beenreal wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Suck on that Beenreel!

Wow, a primary school insult from some anonymous nobody across cyberspace. I'm Shakkkkkking.

I would have gone with - nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:39 pm

What has a town near Mildura got to do with it Booney ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL