Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 pm

beenreal wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
SimonH wrote:Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else; digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else; running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.

Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure.

:lol:
Suck on that Beenreel!

Wow, a primary school insult from some anonymous nobody across cyberspace. I'm Shakkkkkking.

And which of the two posts did you elect to respond to?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby beenreal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:13 pm

maccad wrote:Beenreal I would put both port powers in the category as the cows, I would not trust either of the teams as far as I could throw them. I hope both teams finish down the bottom in both competitions like you have so often in the last decade. Beenreal you sound so proud of what the power has done to the former port Adelaide magpies, now for me will always be the port power reserves side, which I no longer consider our arch rival just an afl reserves team that I no longer respect just despise . From next year the tally starts @ norwood no wins power no wins until we play you. In which I will not be attending unless there are no norwood players from this years grand final playing (lewis Stephenson is an exception as he was not ours anyway).

Believe what you want, you can go and watch tiddlywinks for all I care.

So you've enjoyed a little recent success at local level. The past decade has seen one of your preferred clubs sell its clubrooms to pay off debt. While you've watched the other lose Preliminary Final after Preliminary Final, "Right in front of you" :oops: before finally bringing itself into disrepute by cheating to try and win that ever distancing Flag.

My club on the other hand has never finished bottom at either level, won a Premiership at the highest level, and tipped over $57,000,000 into the coffers of the $ANFL. Thankfully they didn't waste all of it because the PAFC at least got some of it back! But lord only knows what they have done with the rest of the money?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby stan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Someone said the word floggings on here. I reckon there could be few. Say North, Norwood and Centrals getting angry against one of the reserves sides might get a bit ugly especially if there are plenty of injuries at AFL level.

Anyway, shit will happen and the SANFL is keen to get hold of it and then polish it as much as possible then pass it off as gold. Problem is, if you dont address the smell, then you always be able to tell thats its shit or poo for the sensitive eyes in the room.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:19 pm

maccad wrote:Beenreal I would put both port powers in the category as the cows, I would not trust either of the teams as far as I could throw them. I hope both teams finish down the bottom in both competitions like you have so often in the last decade. Beenreal you sound so proud of what the power has done to the former port Adelaide magpies, now for me will always be the port power reserves side, which I no longer consider our arch rival just an afl reserves team that I no longer respect just despise . From next year the tally starts @ norwood no wins power no wins until we play you. In which I will not be attending unless there are no norwood players from this years grand final playing (lewis Stephenson is an exception as he was not ours anyway).

No point reading past that there.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Booney wrote:I would have gone with - nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah

I believe the correct terminology is: Nyah nyah n-nyah nyah!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby maccad » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 pm

beenreal wrote:

Believe what you want, you can go and watch tiddlywinks for all I care.

So you've enjoyed a little recent success at local level. The past decade has seen one of your preferred clubs sell its clubrooms to pay off debt. While you've watched the other lose Preliminary Final after Preliminary Final, "Right in front of you" :oops: before finally bringing itself into disrepute by cheating to try and win that ever distancing Flag.

My club on the other hand has never finished bottom at either level, won a Premiership at the highest level, and tipped over $57,000,000 into the coffers of the $ANFL. Thankfully they didn't waste all of it because the PAFC at least got some of it back! But lord only knows what they have done with the rest of the money?

Gold coast coming in was the only reason why you did not win the wooden spoon you so thoroughly deserved as for crows losing prelim after prelim I don't follow afl any more have not since 2007, was sick of a bias Victorian competition ruing football. the only reason why the crows logo in on still on file is that I don't know how to remove it. Norwood having a little bit of success has nothing to do with my post it is more about how you think the power is not screwing over the SANFL clubs like the crows are, and don't you worry I hate them almost as much I hate you. As for that distancing flag let me know when the power win one, that is the afl power, I bet you will be waiting longer than you think. I hope I never see any of the 2 power teams or crows teams win one again.
maccad
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby therisingblues » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:16 pm

beenreal wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
SimonH wrote:Far from being a troll, I hope and believe that beenreal is completely genuine in his delusions.

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else; digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else; running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.

Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure.

:lol:
Suck on that Beenreel!

Wow, a primary school insult from some anonymous nobody across cyberspace. I'm Shakkkkkking.

Well, I know from experience that the content of Simon's post would've gone waaay above your head, I just dumbed it down enough so we could REACH you.
You should be thanking me!
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Well, TRB, lets disect Simons comments then....:

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else - One Grand Final, not Grand Finals. It is what it is and the might of Geelong that day would have been difficult for anyone to counter. ( Port won the Prelim by 70+ points the week before )

digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else - Many AFL clubs have had dire financial situations in the last decade, some still in that position despite much support from the AFL. If North Melboure, Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs got as much media attention as Port's situation did in the local press and forums it would be interesting. So Port are not the only football club, at all levels, with poor financial statements, of all people I thought you'd be aware of that? ;)

running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.
- Well, call it how you see it, but the Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to maintain it's junior development stucture, it's development pathway for local kids.
As for disconnecting itself from the local community that is a comment from someone who is clearly uneducated. The Port Adelaide Community program is a cornerstone of our adminstration / off field operations.Indigenous programs, the Foodbank program to ensure people dont go hungry etc etc is all part of the clubs commitment to the community. As for local U16/U18 players, there is every possibility a kid from Port Districts could play at amatuer level for Port Districts while being guided through his development by an AFL club (directly, not indirectly) and become an SANFL reserves player with the Port Adelaide Football Club, an SANFL league player and if talented, committed and fortunate enough be drafted into the AFL or even remain living in the area he grew up in playing for the Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL.

Suck on that indeed. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:23 pm

The Adelaide SANFL team will be getting its top up players from West, Sturt, South, North, Glenelg and the Eagles. Norwood and Centrals have opted not to give up any players
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Ahh love the Dogs
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby therisingblues » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Booney wrote:Well, TRB, lets disect Simons comments then....:

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else - One Grand Final, not Grand Finals. It is what it is and the might of Geelong that day would have been difficult for anyone to counter. ( Port won the Prelim by 70+ points the week before )

digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else - Many AFL clubs have had dire financial situations in the last decade, some still in that position despite much support from the AFL. If North Melboure, Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs got as much media attention as Port's situation did in the local press and forums it would be interesting. So Port are not the only football club, at all levels, with poor financial statements, of all people I thought you'd be aware of that? ;)

running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.
- Well, call it how you see it, but the Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to maintain it's junior development stucture, it's development pathway for local kids.
As for disconnecting itself from the local community that is a comment from someone who is clearly uneducated. The Port Adelaide Community program is a cornerstone of our adminstration / off field operations.Indigenous programs, the Foodbank program to ensure people dont go hungry etc etc is all part of the clubs commitment to the community. As for local U16/U18 players, there is every possibility a kid from Port Districts could play at amatuer level for Port Districts while being guided through his development by an AFL club (directly, not indirectly) and become an SANFL reserves player with the Port Adelaide Football Club, an SANFL league player and if talented, committed and fortunate enough be drafted into the AFL or even remain living in the area he grew up in playing for the Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL.

Suck on that indeed. 8)

Booney, in my experience you haven't required the dumbing down of subject matter, much, so clearly my contribution to this discussion wasn't aimed at you. Rather i was simply translating a post for a certain troll who wants to turn this thread into another boring Port thing. As such I couldn't be bothered reading your reply. If you want a response to all or some of the above you'll have to ask Simon. I got so far as reading TRB and gave up.
Happy fishing. 8)
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh, it's not your attention I crave, trust me. :D

Anyway, this thread is about the newest team to enter the SANFL.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:36 pm

One of, you mean.
therisingblues
Coach

Re:

Postby Big Phil » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:38 pm

pafc1870 wrote:The Adelaide SANFL team will be getting its top up players from West, Sturt, South, North, Glenelg and the Eagles. Norwood and Centrals have opted not to give up any players

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2317/
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:22 pm

pafc1870 wrote:The Adelaide SANFL team will be getting its top up players from West, Sturt, South, North, Glenelg and the Eagles. Norwood and Centrals have opted not to give up any players

I call Bull$hit in regards to Norwood, Joe the Snake to perform a massive backflip and announce that our 5 best players will suit up for the Cows if there is a few pieces of eight involved.
Probably having a coffee with his snake mate Trigg right about now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dog_ger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:46 pm

Losing Port Adelaide from the SANFL is an absolute tragedy.

Shame guys.

We never learnt from history from the Woodville/West Torrens thingy.

Shame. Shame. Max where are you?

I won't go to SANFL again.

It's not SANFL.

Its Bull shat.
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby RB » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:41 pm

You're making some sense, Dogger.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re:

Postby saintal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Disappointing that South are worrying about this rubbish given their vote against the proposal. Would like to hear the club's justification for it.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby prowling panther » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:38 pm

I am disappointed as well that South are willing to give 'top up players' to the Crows. Maybe thats the price we have to pay for having an AFL style coach.

An explanation to the members should be forthcoming.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 am

Not surprised Centrals aren't supplying any players because I don't think they've got any left!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3863 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL