Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm more interested in Callinan specifically and how Centrals fans see him and his decision.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:57 pm

You must have been asleep, mate.
Old news.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Stop trolling Booney.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Booney wrote:I'm more interested in Callinan specifically and how Centrals fans see him and his decision.

as a centrals supporter im quite happy with the callinan being the capt of the crows reserves
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:18 pm

I feel sorry for the Dogs supporters who have to see one of their favourites captain against them.
Bet that is something the spineless board of my club didnt even consider though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby sjt » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm more interested in Callinan specifically and how Centrals fans see him and his decision.

as a centrals supporter im quite happy with the callinan being the capt of the crows reserves

As a centrals supporter it disgusts me along with the whole concept. Though nothing against nutta.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby csbowes » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 pm

We'll all have to get used to seeing players who once played for us... now kicking goals against us...

,.. that of course assumes we're at the games.

I'm not picking up a vibe on here that people feel "over it" and are keen on the new season, still seems to be an air of apathy out there...
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby D14 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:50 am

I'm sorry but this will not be the first time a player has changed clubs, so it will be no different this time.
D14
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:09 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Stop trolling Booney.

Not so.

I'm disappointed the likes of Corey Beard have been forced to seek opportunity elsewhere because of the PAFC having all AFL listed players at the Magpies. Not for one minute do I begrudge him the chance to continue playing league football in the SANFL, now with Sturt.

Callinan is a different proposition though and I was wondering what the thoughts on him were. As shown above, some couldn't care less, some are disappointed and some are happy for him. Not really the response I expected, to be honest.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:39 am

sjt wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

As a centrals supporter it disgusts me along with the whole concept. Though nothing against nutta.

Same with Brodie jaenschy etc home grown sturt lads now playing against us...frustrating
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:25 am

The majority of sane central supporters wouldn't be happy with callinan playing against them.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:38 am

The Sleeping Giant wrote:The majority of sane central supporters wouldn't be happy with callinan playing against them.

I bet they both thought long and hard about it too. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby eaglehaslanded » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:41 am

James Battersby from Sturt and Alex Spina from North Adelaide now join the Crows nest this morning via the Rookie draft.
"We're the mighty Eagles"
eaglehaslanded
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:50 am

What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Ronnie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm

bennymacca wrote:What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"

No one i know would hold any animosity towards Callinan, clearly there are things the Crows can offer him off field that will help him along the way.

But the structure that he operates under is untenable, you tell me how a quality, stand alone competition is enhanced by a system where the clubs are operating under 3 different sets of rules and conditions (SANFL clubs, Ravens, Port Magpies) thanks to an SANFL commission that hasn't had the courage or integrity to stick by it's own statements and past commitments.

The SANFL should not be sacrificed to the almighty AFL, just because of the massive power imbalance between the two.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm

bennymacca wrote:What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

As I said, sane supporters wouldn't be happy.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:39 pm

You're right. Players are much less selfish than fans. Yeah, nah....fan loyalty is the only loyalty left in the game.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1817 times

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Ronnie wrote:But the structure that he operates under is untenable, you tell me how a quality, stand alone competition is enhanced by a system where the clubs are operating under 3 different sets of rules and conditions (SANFL clubs, Ravens, Port Magpies) thanks to an SANFL commission that hasn't had the courage or integrity to stick by it's own statements and past commitments.

Highlighted the worst of your errors there Ronnie. :D
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Crows equivalent of Beeny, Beenymacca
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:41 pm

My point is that the SANFL system has been compromised and a feeder league for the afl for years, but some you have just failed to realise that. Think of a flood of fringe afl players coming back for sanfl finals, and tell me that never compromised the league?

It is the same as a local footy league - if course it is compromised by the fact that players could leave mid season to go play sanfl (especially juniors) but it is a necessary evil.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL