Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:53 am

csbowes wrote:You finally get it cracka...

The AFL is a self centred competition... it cares little for football.

You still don't get it. I never said the AFL wasn't a self centred competition. My point was the hypocrisy of some posters on here.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby bennymacca » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:29 pm

the SANFL and football in general would be much better if every idiot on this forum stopped supporting football
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby dedja » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:01 pm

But there'd only be 3 people left then ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby the joker » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:the SANFL and football in general would be much better if every idiot on this forum stopped supporting football
do you preach what you write
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby csbowes » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:09 pm

bennymacca wrote:the SANFL and football in general would be much better if every idiot on this forum stopped supporting football

It's that type of thinking that gets you on club boards so it seems... you'd fit right in.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby therisingblues » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:34 pm

cracka wrote:Why do so many posters on here have a go at the crows for having a reserves side in the SANFL when the AFL club they support (some very passionately) do the exact same thing with the VFL. Are they on the VFL forum saying that Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood etc should not be in the VFL & its an absolute disgrace that they are. Hypocrisy is the word that comes to mind.

What? Hypocrisy for not passionately opposing the invasion of a league we have no passion for?
Did Essendon, Collingwood etc take it upon themselves to threaten the VFA if they didn't comply?
Was the VFA a proudly independent system which vehemently opposed player poachings, silly rule changes and the stupid rebadging of Aussie Rules Footy as AFL?
You're going to have to help me out here, I don't know the answer to half the questions I've put here and still have in my head about the VFA. so how can I get passionate about it? For all I know the AFL has helped them or the followers are happy about the invasion. I really don't know but I'm guessing they aren't. On the same hand, did they readily agree to it or did they resist as we did?
Didn't all this shit happen before we had this forum? Maybe if it happened now we'd know a bit more about it and the topic would be a little bit more current?
Fill me in on the situation please.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 pm

csbowes wrote:

It's that type of thinking that gets you on club boards so it seems... you'd fit right in.

Just seems like you lads are so negative about everything. When it was YOUR clubs and YOUR football commission that allowed it all to happen. And I wonder how many of you voices your concerns by speaking to your clubs. Some of you might have but I'm sore most didn't
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby csbowes » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:30 am

bennymacca wrote:
csbowes wrote:

Just seems like you lads are so negative about everything. When it was YOUR clubs and YOUR football commission that allowed it all to happen. And I wonder how many of you voices your concerns by speaking to your clubs. Some of you might have but I'm sore most didn't

Well some clubs didn't even entertain the idea of speaking to their members.

It's not about being negative, its disappointment in what some of us are sure will finish the league. I have mates who are optimistic, but I also have mates who have great fears. We will all find out in 3 years time.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:58 am

bennymacca wrote:
csbowes wrote:

But in the end it was a sort of die on your feet or live on your knees type situation. The Crows were threatening everything they had access to in order to punish the league if it didn't roll over and play dead. What fat lot of good would it do saying that to my club?
Having said that, my attitude is I'm willing to see if it turns out for the best and I'm hoping I was an overreacting fool, but until the future reveals itself I'm left with this situation of the Crows having held a gun to the SANFL's head in order to get their way. I don't think any club anywhere in Australia has done the same.
BTW, correct me if I'm wrong with that Cracker.
So I can no longer identify with that bunch of assholes, they no longer represent me.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:47 am

therisingblues
Coach

Postby cracka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:49 am

therisingblues wrote:
cracka wrote:Why do so many posters on here have a go at the crows for having a reserves side in the SANFL when the AFL club they support (some very passionately) do the exact same thing with the VFL. Are they on the VFL forum saying that Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood etc should not be in the VFL & its an absolute disgrace that they are. Hypocrisy is the word that comes to mind.

What? Hypocrisy for not passionately opposing the invasion of a league we have no passion for?
Did Essendon, Collingwood etc take it upon themselves to threaten the VFA if they didn't comply?
Was the VFA a proudly independent system which vehemently opposed player poachings, silly rule changes and the stupid rebadging of Aussie Rules Footy as AFL?
You're going to have to help me out here, I don't know the answer to half the questions I've put here and still have in my head about the VFA. so how can I get passionate about it? For all I know the AFL has helped them or the followers are happy about the invasion. I really don't know but I'm guessing they aren't. On the same hand, did they readily agree to it or did they resist as we did?
Didn't all this shit happen before we had this forum? Maybe if it happened now we'd know a bit more about it and the topic would be a little bit more current?

Yes hypocrisy. Its not the league I'm talking about, its the club (Carlton in your case) doing the exact same as the crows & power & you support them for it, but its not ok for the crows & power to do it.
I don't know the answer to half the questions you put here either, they are irrelevant to my point anyway.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:00 am

therisingblues wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Just seems like you lads are so negative about everything. When it was YOUR clubs and YOUR football commission that allowed it all to happen. And I wonder how many of you voices your concerns by speaking to your clubs. Some of you might have but I'm sore most didn't

But in the end it was a sort of die on your feet or live on your knees type situation. The Crows were threatening everything they had access to in order to punish the league if it didn't roll over and play dead. What fat lot of good would it do saying that to my club?
Having said that, my attitude is I'm willing to see if it turns out for the best and I'm hoping I was an overreacting fool, but until the future reveals itself I'm left with this situation of the Crows having held a gun to the SANFL's head in order to get their way. I don't think any club anywhere in Australia has done the same.
So I can no longer identify with that bunch of assholes, they no longer represent me.

Exactly what did the crows threaten, playing there reserves somewhere else, that's what most of you wanted so blame your clubs who voted yes for that, not the crows.
C'mon crows supporters, help me out here.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:10 am

Didnt the VFL become the AFL?

Then the Victorian clubs did deals with VFA clubs to align with them individually. The crows are welcome to do a deal with any SAAFL club that is prepared to sell their soul.

Totally different situations and it is not hypocrisy at all
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 am

daysofourlives wrote:Didnt the VFL become the AFL?

Then the Victorian clubs did deals with VFA clubs to align with them individually. The crows are welcome to do a deal with any SAAFL club that is prepared to sell their soul.

Totally different situations and it is not hypocrisy at all

Once the VFL became the AFL the VFA then became the VFL being the best comp in Victoria, just as the SANFL is the best comp in SA. Different situations ending with the same result (AFL reserves playing in the best local league available) so I still say its hypocrisy.
cracka
Veteran

Postby beenreal » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 am

cracka wrote:
puppet arms wrote:not sure if its hypocrisy. People on here have the SANFL as our concern, mostly, not the VFL. I'm a Carlton man and saddened by how we've treated Preston-Northern Bullants-Northern Blues-Carlton in the VFL. My passion doesn't lie there though. My main concern is with the competition that I enjoy going to every week and the effect on Glenelg FC. Fair to say the locally based AFL franchises have royally screwed the over - with no small help from our president. :evil:

I imagine most in this forum would have similar views.

You're right about people on here not caring about the VFL but there are some on here who are very passionate about their AFL side who all have a reserves sides in the VFL doing exactly what the crows & power are doing. That's where its hypocritical from some posters on here as they wont say anything bad about their AFL club. As long as they acknowledge (like you have) that their AFL side is just as bad as the crows & power then its not hypocrisy.
Personally I would like to see the crows & powers reserves sides playing the other AFL reserves sides. I emailed all the non Victorian AFL teams to see if they could organise a reserves comp between themselves & got only 1 reply from Port.

The AFL has ZERO interest in funding its own Reserves competition. But even if it did, the funds to pay for it would be diverted from game development programs around Australia. And if you lot respond with "who cares", you are demonstrating the exact same level of self-interest.

You also think the the PAFC would simply leave the Magpies in the $ANFL and play a separate Power Reserves side? That would create a financial impost that the club could not afford.

In addition, should you think the $ANFL would risk losing its biggest draw card, think again. Don't believe me? Look at the opening fixtures for the past decade+ All away games designed to generate $$$ into the coffers of other clubs.

2014 - Norwood at the Parade
2013 - Norwood at the Parade
2012 - Eagels at Thebarton
2011 - Norwood at Footy Park (Away game)
2010 - Centrals at Elizabeth
2009 - Norwood at the Parade
2008 - Centrals at Elizabeth
2007 - Norwood at the Parade
2006 - West at Richmond
2005 - South at Noarlunga
2004 - Centrals at Alberton
2003 - Norwood at the Parade
2002 - Eagles at Alberton
2001 - bye
2000 - Eagles at Footy Park
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby cracka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:21 am

cracka wrote:
therisingblues wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Just seems like you lads are so negative about everything. When it was YOUR clubs and YOUR football commission that allowed it all to happen. And I wonder how many of you voices your concerns by speaking to your clubs. Some of you might have but I'm sore most didn't

Exactly what did the crows threaten, playing there reserves somewhere else, that's what most of you wanted so blame your clubs who voted yes for that, not the crows.
C'mon crows supporters, help me out here.

And power supporters, I'm defending your team as well, help me out here.
cracka
Veteran

Postby RB » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:29 pm

bennymacca wrote:Just seems like you lads are so negative about everything.

This is the SA Footy Forum, and the SANFL, the competition most of us have been supporting for decades, has just, against our wishes, taken one up the backside from the AFL. But apologies for the negativity.
bennymacca wrote:And I wonder how many of you voices your concerns by speaking to your clubs.

Many of us couldn't have 'voiced our concerns' more strongly. The arrogance of people like Kurt Slaven in not even listening will infuriate us for a long time.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby therisingblues » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 pm

cracka wrote:
therisingblues wrote:

Yes hypocrisy. Its not the league I'm talking about, its the club (Carlton in your case) doing the exact same as the crows & power & you support them for it, but its not ok for the crows & power to do it.
I don't know the answer to half the questions you put here either, they are irrelevant to my point anyway.

They're relevant.
I know very little about the now VFL, but I have a recollection of the AFL's entry to that league being an agreed upon deal. this cannot compare with the current situation of the SANFL's long resistance to the AFL. Clearly, we didn't want their second string sides, I cannot cmoment with any level of assurance about the VFL situation.
The old VFA was not the top league in Victoria, it played second fiddle to the old VFL, which represented tens of thousands of Victorians in a suburban based league. Much like the SANFL of old. Victorian arrogance pushed the SANFL to a lower standing. Again, incomparable to the VFA/VFL situation. What's happening now is a further lessening of the SANFL's stature.
Question for you: exactly when, in your opinion, did the VFA go from being the second tiered Victorian state league, to the number 1 Victorian state league? Was it when South Melbourne went to Sydney? When the Eagles and Bears joined? Or was it the moment the VFL pushed it's reserves into the VFA and everyone changed names?
In my lifetime I've seen crowds of around 14,000 squashed into Unley, Alberton, Norwood and Glenelg ovals. I saw several crowds of around 18,000, and one huge crowd of 35,000 at Footy Park, all for SANFL minor round games. The SANFL enjoyed the spotlight far more than the VFA ever did. Besides that, why should I have to campaign for a league I know next to nothing about for reasons that may turn out to be unjustified due to my ignorance of their situation? I'll stick to what I know and leave that debate for people more informed, or for those that love the VFA/VFL.

BTW, I became a born again Carlton fan after the Crows succeed in their muscle drive into the SANFL. I followed Carlton until the moment the VFL invaded the SANFL, now the Crows have committed the same sin, I cannot follow them any longer.
The AFL is nowhere near as important for me as the SANFL, I wouldn't swap clubs otherwise.
therisingblues
Coach

Postby cracka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 pm

therisingblues wrote:I know very little about the now VFL, but I have a recollection of the AFL's entry to that league being an agreed upon deal. this cannot compare with the current situation of the SANFL's long resistance to the AFL. Clearly, we didn't want their second string sides, I cannot cmoment with any level of assurance about the VFL situation.
Question for you: exactly when, in your opinion, did the VFA go from being the second tiered Victorian state league, to the number 1 Victorian state league? Was it when South Melbourne went to Sydney? When the Eagles and Bears joined? Or was it the moment the VFL pushed it's reserves into the VFA and everyone changed names?

BTW, I became a born again Carlton fan after the Crows succeed in their muscle drive into the SANFL. I followed Carlton until the moment the VFL invaded the SANFL, now the Crows have committed the same sin, I cannot follow them any longer.
The AFL is nowhere near as important for me as the SANFL, I wouldn't swap clubs otherwise.

I still say you're questions ARE irrelevant to my ORIGINAL POST.
The AFL reserves sides playing in the SANFL IS an agreed upon deal, it was voted in by 6 of 8 clubs (which was the majority needed). The SANFL may well have had a long resistance to the AFL, but not anymore, again it was them that agreed to letting the crows & power reserves in. They had the chance to say no but didn't.
In my opinion the VFA became the second best comp in Victoria the moment the VFL/AFL pushed it's reserves into the VFA and everyone changed names.
If you don't follow Carlton any longer (your words) then my original post is not aimed at you. The line before that however says you are a born again Carlton follower so you've contradicted yourself a bit.
You also say the crows have committed the same sin as the VFL (which is Carlton included) actually backs up what I've said, the crows & power have done the same as the other now AFL/then VFL clubs.
How about we agree to disagree so this can get back on topic. I say its hypocrisy, you say its not. We are both allowed our opinions.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:31 pm

Cracka, You're a halfwit.
Think that sums up the argument nicely
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives