Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby SimonH » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:00 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:They will have to play footballers that aren't up to standard also.
If you reckon some of the Crows and Pahhhhhr SANFL league players in 2014 won't be up to standard, imagine how the PAFC SANFL reserves (Pahhhhhr 3rd tier) side is going to fare beyond 2015 once there are no juniors to feed it. It'll be such an embarrassment, there are only 3 possibilities:
a) They'll ditch the whole thing as soon as they can draft a press release outlining how their deep and abiding connection to the Port Adelaide area will actually be strengthened by removing the 'academy team' ('Unanimous' Trigg will be able to provide some good advice on doublespeak)
b) They'll enter into some arrangement with an ammos club, or some club that approaches SANFL reserves standard, to just grab their players at will (there's more dignity in that, than having a 'come and try your hand at playing for a real AFL club!' open training each week)
c) The SA Football Commission will change the rules to make it much cheaper, easier and more efficient for the Pahhhhhr to take SANFL clubs' registered players away to meet their own top-up needs; by force, if need be.
SimonH
Under 18s

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 pm

RB wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I'm not sure any supporter really thinks its a "right", but more the case of, if the AFL aren't willing to incept a reserves competition, then what are the alternatives.

Of course. But the AFL clubs, in entering the SANFL, are putting themselves before the integrity of the competition. The fact that they would, in the absence of an independent AFL reserves competition, see whatever suits them best as an alternative, regardless of what it will do to the league, is why many SANFL fans feel like this has been forced on them, against their will by the AFL clubs, notwithstanding the weakness of six of the league directors.

AFL clubs asked. Piss weak league directors said yes.....but we blame the AFL clubs.

Yeah look I dont like them being there, ill still treat the wharfie scum like wharfe scum. Its simply more fun that way but the directors sold out and the $anfl was happy with that. There lies the biggest flop.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Grahaml » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:58 pm

RB wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I'm not sure any supporter really thinks its a "right", but more the case of, if the AFL aren't willing to incept a reserves competition, then what are the alternatives.

Of course. But the AFL clubs, in entering the SANFL, are putting themselves before the integrity of the competition. The fact that they would, in the absence of an independent AFL reserves competition, see whatever suits them best as an alternative, regardless of what it will do to the league, is why many SANFL fans feel like this has been forced on them, against their will by the AFL clubs, notwithstanding the weakness of six of the league directors.

Wait, it's not ok for a club or league to think about it's own best interests? Isn't that what we are all asking to happen? For the SANFL to put themselves before the integrity of the AFL? Why is it one group shouldn't put themselves first and the others should? AFL clubs have done absolutely nothing wrong. Their officials are doing exactly what they should in getting the best they can for their club. I just wish the SANFL directors who voted yes did the same thing. Norwood might have sold their soul to get their salary cap punishment eased but what of the others? What did Sturt, North, Eagles and Glenelg get from this?

On a similar note, if North vote no, do Norwood still get a crack at Allan? Or does he end up signing with North after all?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Grahaml wrote:Wait, it's not ok for a club or league to think about it's own best interests? Isn't that what we are all asking to happen? For the SANFL to put themselves before the integrity of the AFL? Why is it one group shouldn't put themselves first and the others should? AFL clubs have done absolutely nothing wrong. Their officials are doing exactly what they should in getting the best they can for their club.

Very good point.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1168 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:16 pm

North got the first crows reserve game.

North could have signed Allan but chose not too.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby RB » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Grahaml wrote:Wait, it's not ok for a club or league to think about it's own best interests? Isn't that what we are all asking to happen? For the SANFL to put themselves before the integrity of the AFL? Why is it one group shouldn't put themselves first and the others should?

Sure it's OK to think about your own best interests. But the AFL clubs should be realising this is wrong. Acting in one's own best interests is understandable but isn't an excuse for destroying someone else.

Part of the reason why six of the league directors voted yes is because they wanted to get the jump on the other clubs, rather than thinking of the league itself. I think a more united front wouldn't have produced the same decision.

Also, how would the SANFL be putting themselves before the integrity of the AFL in denying them reserves teams in the SANFL?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby RB » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Grahaml wrote:What did Sturt, North, Eagles and Glenelg get from this?

Slaven wasn't able to tell us that.
RB
Coach

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Grahaml wrote:Wait, it's not ok for a club or league to think about it's own best interests? Isn't that what we are all asking to happen? For the SANFL to put themselves before the integrity of the AFL? Why is it one group shouldn't put themselves first and the others should? AFL clubs have done absolutely nothing wrong. Their officials are doing exactly what they should in getting the best they can for their club. I just wish the SANFL directors who voted yes did the same thing.

The Crows stood over the SANFL with veiled threats of withdrawing/limiting financial support and media interest. The Crows mouthpiece lied to the directors ("the vote must be unanimous for it to work"). And this is "absolutely nothing wrong"?

Reckon I'll teach my kid to extort lunch money from his classmates by making physical threats against their welfare. Clearly there is "absolutely nothing wrong" with this; if the other kids give up their lunch money then it's entirely their fault - they could have said no!

There is a nontrivial difference between rational self-interest and blind selfishness. The AFL clubs have pissed in the bed that they wish to sleep in; they might be acting in their own best interests, but without any consideration of the big picture or any long-term vision.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 pm

RB wrote:

so they should, the AFL is more important than the SANFL.

sooner you guys let go, the better
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

To you maybe, not to me....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:16 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

Bout time you took Centrals off the teams you support isnt it?
Cant have 2 teams in one comp and that goes for all you other Crow disciples too
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

Cant have 2 teams in one comp and that goes for all you other Crow disciples too

I'll never support the second side, Panther through and through, they are my number one priority. Don't tell me who I can and can't support....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

Still going to support centrals over crows reserves, won't stop me hoping crows reserves players play well
bennymacca
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RB wrote:

Probably a bit warm to fish like that.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby RB » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Pseudo wrote:There is a nontrivial difference between rational self-interest and blind selfishness.

That's it.
RB
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:49 pm

bennymacca wrote:so they should, the AFL is more important than the SANFL.

If any doubt remained, there it goes.
RB
Coach

Postby Mic » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 pm

RB wrote:
Grahaml wrote:What did Sturt, North, Eagles and Glenelg get from this?

Slaven wasn't able to tell us that.

Neither was anyone from our club.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 pm

RB wrote:
bennymacca wrote:so they should, the AFL is more important than the SANFL.

If any doubt remained, there it goes.

to you it might not be more important, and thats fair enough, but to the game of football as a whole, and to a vast majority of football fans in this state, it is clearly more important.

that doesnt diminish your passions, but you also have to keep it in perspective. with the possible exception of the magpies supporters, whose club will definitely change, i am confident that most of you guys will be wondering what all the fuss was about once the season starts and you all realise the sky didnt fall in.

its the same as the move to adelaide oval - people were saying how horrible it would be, both saca members and sa footy fans, until they saw the redeveloped oval, and even most of the diehard opponents now accept that it is actually pretty good
bennymacca
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:28 pm

bennymacca wrote: i am confident that most of you guys will be wondering what all the fuss was about once the season starts and you all realise the sky didnt fall in.

I am confident that despite all the whinging about not having reserve teams being a reason for no success in recent times, that the cows will come up with other piss weak excuses.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:its the same as the move to adelaide oval - people were saying how horrible it would be, both saca members and sa footy fans, until they saw the redeveloped oval, and even most of the diehard opponents now accept that it is actually pretty good

Speak for yourself
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL