Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby Big Phil » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Former North Adelaide player Heath Younie has been appointed as the coach of the Adelaide Crows Reserves side, who will participate in the SANFL League competition, in season 2014...

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-09-17/y ... anfl-crows

www.afc.com.au wrote:Adelaide has appointed Heath Younie as the first coach of its new State League team.

Younie, a former SANFL star with North Adelaide who played football in three States, will take the reins of the Crows’ side in the SANFL for the 2014 season after one year with Adelaide’s development coaching team.

“I'm super excited, it's a unique opportunity given it's the first time that the Club has had a State League side,” Younie said.

“There will be massive challenges with the role, but I'm certainly looking forward to them.”

Crows senior coach Brenton Sanderson said Younie was the ideal inaugural coach of the State League side.

“It’s an important role for the Adelaide Football Club and Heath’s background will be invaluable for us as we establish the new State League team,” Sanderson said.

“We discussed and considered a number of people from outside the Club but in the end we opted to have someone who was already here.

"Heath understands our program, knows our structures and systems and can coach the way we want to play.

“Heath will also be coaching players travelling the same path he once took. He has wide experience as a player and development coach, at State league and AFL level. He also understands the value of the SANFL as a competition and will be provided first-class support from the rest of the Crows development team.

“This team is going to be really important for the Club’s future success and one of the main benefits will be having all our development coaches focused on our players.”

Younie, 34, is from Wodonga in country Victoria and played under-18 football for the Murray Bushrangers.

He was drafted as a rookie by West Coast in 1997 and spent two years in the WAFL but did not get an opportunity to play at AFL level.

Younie then went home to Wodonga and also served as a “top-up” player for North Melbourne’s affiliate VFL side.

He was recruited by North Adelaide in 2001 and played 183 games and won two Club Champion awards. A qualified teacher, he retired at the end of the 2010 season and took on the role as North’s under-18 coach for the next two seasons before joining the Crows late last year.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Postby SDK » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Will be one of the most unpopular coaches in the history of the game.
Nothing against the man personally but plenty against the position.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby blueandwhite » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Am I the only one who cringes when the Crows refer to its reserves team, as playing in "the State league.."..... :?
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby RB » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:28 pm

No, you are not, B&W. All Crows staff are trained in newspeak.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Aerie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Adelaide "Crowval" does it for me. Whoever made that up should be hung, drawn and quartered.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby SDK » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Heard this guy on 5AA and he knew nothing. Just shows how prepared these pricks at the Crows are, quite happy to xxxx up the SANFL but can not come up with any detail or planned structures.
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby the joker » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Yeah Heath Younie knows nothing!!!!
Good to get a person who loves the SANFL to coach
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't know the bloke at all, but read he won a couple of North's B&F so will let Rooster fans comment on his ability.
What's standing out is the PR spin doctors focus on his experience as a 'top up player' himself, and personal experience as being a fringe player at AFL club, playing predominantly in the state league team.
Didn't think that would be the main selection criteria.
I would have thought his good development, communication skills & experience with young footballers would be.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 am

And remember, he "got sacked". ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby norwood8 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 am

blueandwhite wrote:Am I the only one who cringes when the Crows refer to its reserves team, as playing in "the State league.."..... :?

The whole thing makes me cringe mate.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 am

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:I don't know the bloke at all, but read he won a couple of North's B&F so will let Rooster fans comment on his ability.
What's standing out is the PR spin doctors focus on his experience as a 'top up player' himself, and personal experience as being a fringe player at AFL club, playing predominantly in the state league team.
Didn't think that would be the main selection criteria.
I would have thought his good development, communication skills & experience with young footballers would be.

Agreed on the 'state league' line, very cringe worthy.

I believe Health was part of the development coaching group at AFC this season so he does have the player development background.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Wedgie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55 am

Heath's one of those blokes who lives and breathes footy and always gave 110%.
I'm not going to hold anything against him for taking up the role and the challenge.
The idiot 6 presidents on the other hand........
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Hopefully it leads too bigger and better things for Unit.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby zipzap » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 am

They were never going to go for a name coach - the strings would be much harder to pull. Cheap and malleable option

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:05 pm

zipzap wrote:They were never going to go for a name coach - the strings would be much harder to pull. Cheap and malleable option

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk 2

Calling him a coach is a bit over the top, he is merely someone that is there to ensure team rules are followed, its not like he will be making any game changing moves. His greatest test will be to not make any moves
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Dutchy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Adelaide Crows members and fans are invited to vote for Adelaide’s first SANFL guernsey design.

Six new guernsey options have been selected from the 150 designs sent to the Club, with the most popular style set to be worn by Adelaide’s State League side next season.

A wide ‘V’ features on three of the options and the other three are based on heritage round guernseys from the mid-2000s.

Crows Chief Operating Officer Nigel Smart said the quality of submissions had been high.

“Some common themes emerged and these were in sync with the general thinking at Club level,” he said.

“We wanted a strong, traditional style of football guernsey to compete in what is a strong and traditional football competition, but it needed to stay clear of the hoops design we use in the AFL.

“It will be interesting to see how the members and fans vote.”

The Crows State League team can now wear blue shorts in most games and will also wear blue socks, with single hoops of gold and red.

The back of the guernsey will be mainly white, with dark blue numbers.

Members/fans have from Tuesday morning until 11.30pm on Sunday, November 3 to vote on afc.com.au

The preferred guernsey must still be endorsed by Club board and SANFL Commission and the final design will be revealed in late November.

Please complete the poll survey below and you will be in the running to win an authentic Rory Sloane match worn ‘clash’ 2013 guernsey.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby prowling panther » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

'Allo 'Allo 'Allo, another Centrals team running around, wot next
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:30 am

All I know is that they've got no right wearing Design E.

The 'logo' features the colours of all the SANFL clubs, and as such, they surely wouldn't consider wearing an opposition team's colours?
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am

Lucky their games are all played "away", with all the white every one of those looks like an away guernsey
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Alby_Green » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:10 am

Dutchy wrote:Image

Adelaide Crows members and fans are invited to vote for Adelaide’s first SANFL guernsey design.

Six new guernsey options have been selected from the 150 designs sent to the Club, with the most popular style set to be worn by Adelaide’s State League side next season.

A wide ‘V’ features on three of the options and the other three are based on heritage round guernseys from the mid-2000s.

Crows Chief Operating Officer Nigel Smart said the quality of submissions had been high.

“Some common themes emerged and these were in sync with the general thinking at Club level,” he said.

“We wanted a strong, traditional style of football guernsey to compete in what is a strong and traditional football competition, but it needed to stay clear of the hoops design we use in the AFL.

“It will be interesting to see how the members and fans vote.”

The Crows State League team can now wear blue shorts in most games and will also wear blue socks, with single hoops of gold and red.

The back of the guernsey will be mainly white, with dark blue numbers.

Members/fans have from Tuesday morning until 11.30pm on Sunday, November 3 to vote on afc.com.au

The preferred guernsey must still be endorsed by Club board and SANFL Commission and the final design will be revealed in late November.

Please complete the poll survey below and you will be in the running to win an authentic Rory Sloane match worn ‘clash’ 2013 guernsey.

Wow, those "designs" look awful. How appropriate.

And they think they'll be able to wear blue shorts in most of their games? Well, they better not think they can do it against Norwood, West, Glenelg, South and Sturt (if Sturt choose to wear their navy shorts)!
Alby_Green

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 5 times

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL