Garry Hocking to coach Port's Reserves (SANFL) in 2014

Postby Big Phil » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Re: Garry Hocking to coach Port's Reserves (SANFL) in 2014

Postby smac » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Who's coaching Port's League (SANFL) in 2014 then? Seems an arse-about way to appoint coaches.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:15 pm

Just another nail in the coffin by having a power puppet as the magpies coach.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby beenreal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Just another nail in the coffin by having a power puppet as the magpies coach.

Four-time All-Australian Garry Hocking has been confirmed as the 38th senior coach of the Port Adelaide Football Club in South Australian football.

“Garry has been a core part of our football department since 2010,” says Mr Thomas.

“It was crucial when selecting the Magpies senior coach that we had someone with an acute understanding of our AFL football program and strategy who could develop players and teach a winning culture.

“But it was equally important to have a coach who is hungry to win because that is what every single Port Adelaide supporter expects from this club – be it at AFL or SANFL level.

“‘Buddha’ has all those qualities. He has the strength and experience to handle the pressure of coaching a team in his own right to success, whilst managing the needs of our AFL list.

“People outside of SA don’t realise how important the Magpies and our traditional guernsey are to our supporters, and to footy in this state, so we needed to make sure we got the balance right with our SANFL senior coach appointment.”

Hocking will work closely with AFL senior coach Ken Hinkley and the club’s director of coaching and strategy Alan Richardson as part of a fully integrated football department.

He will be aided on game day by the club’s current development coaches Daniel Healy and Stuart Cochrane.

Hocking is looking forward to the opportunity to guide the Magpies back to the top of the SANFL while managing the development of Port Adelaide’s AFL players.

“I really enjoy developing young talent and that’s something that I’m excited about being able to do again,” says Hocking.

“I jumped at the chance when Ken Hinkley and Alan Richardson came to me and asked me to take on the role.

“Winning is important to this football club – whatever level it’s at – and I believe on of the best ways to develop talent is to introduce them to a winning culture.

“Successful clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong have both been supported by successful teams in the VFL.

“The future is really exciting for Port Adelaide and I want to make sure we have the best SANFL program to deliver success for our whole club.”

Yep, no winning mentality there.

How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 pm

He is a puppet.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby saintal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Undoubtedly a puppet, regardless of how you spin it.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Hinkley is the Senior Coach and Hocking is the Reserves Coach.

To say Hocking is the Senior Coach is just not true that would be like Collingwood saying Dale Tapping (Collingwood Reserve Coach) is there Senior Coach when obviously Buckley is!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Senior coach would be able to make his own decisions I would have thought. Don't think that will happen.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Do port and Adelaide have the worst spin doctors going.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm

saintal wrote:Undoubtedly a puppet, regardless of how you spin it.

Yep, players will be played in the positions that Hinkley wants regardless of results.
Hocking will just be a glorified whiteboard holder
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RustyCage » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Just another nail in the coffin by having a power puppet as the magpies coach.

how dare Port have appoint a coach from within the club
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Port have more Geelong coaches than Geelong!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby smac » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 pm

So he's coaching league and reserves? Long day.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Was interviewed on 5AA and the whole interview was about developing players for the AFL and nothing about what Port will bring to the SANFL competition :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Dutchy wrote:Was interviewed on 5AA and the whole interview was about developing players for the AFL and nothing about what Port will bring to the SANFL competition :roll:

Absolute joke. Why don't they just be truthful and say there #1 priority is to develop players for the power - not win SANFL premierships
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby bays2011 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:Was interviewed on 5AA and the whole interview was about developing players for the AFL and nothing about what Port will bring to the SANFL competition :roll:

Yeah, well that's obviously what both the AFL reserves are all about. But it really gripes me how those 2 ex SANFL players sit behind their 5AA mics and just love what is happening to the SANFL. A week or 2 ago Rowey was flippantly talking about how the comp will most likely become an under 23 set-up. In their eyes as long as it is good for the 2 AFL teams nothing else matters. Disgraceful lack of regard for the competition that played a significant part in getting them where they are today.
bays2011
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby 24laceup » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:32 pm

beenreal wrote:

Four-time All-Australian Garry Hocking has been confirmed as the 38th senior coach of the Port Adelaide Football Club in South Australian football.

“Garry has been a core part of our football department since 2010,” says Mr Thomas.

“It was crucial when selecting the Magpies senior coach that we had someone with an acute understanding of our AFL football program and strategy who could develop players and teach a winning culture.

“But it was equally important to have a coach who is hungry to win because that is what every single Port Adelaide supporter expects from this club – be it at AFL or SANFL level.

“‘Buddha’ has all those qualities. He has the strength and experience to handle the pressure of coaching a team in his own right to success, whilst managing the needs of our AFL list. :twisted: :twisted:

“People outside of SA don’t realise how important the Magpies and our traditional guernsey are to our supporters, and to footy in this state, so we needed to make sure we got the balance right with our SANFL senior coach appointment.”

Hocking will work closely with AFL senior coach Ken Hinkley and the club’s director of coaching and strategy Alan Richardson as part of a fully integrated football department.

He will be aided on game day by the club’s current development coaches Daniel Healy and Stuart Cochrane.

Hocking is looking forward to the opportunity to guide the Magpies back to the top of the SANFL while managing the development of Port Adelaide’s AFL players.

“I really enjoy developing young talent and that’s something that I’m excited about being able to do again,” says Hocking.

“I jumped at the chance when Ken Hinkley and Alan Richardson came to me and asked me to take on the role.

“Winning is important to this football club – whatever level it’s at – and I believe on of the best ways to develop talent is to introduce them to a winning culture.

“Successful clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong have both been supported by successful teams in the VFL.

“The future is really exciting for Port Adelaide and I want to make sure we have the best SANFL program to deliver success for our whole club.”

Yep, no winning mentality there.

How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

So now the supporters of the " One Club" are doing what their club has done to the Magpies, cannabalism at its best. Keep it up fellas!
24laceup
Mini-League

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Punk Rooster » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:52 pm

All (SANFL) emotion aside, I think you'll find Hocking to be a good coach.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:46 pm

beenreal wrote: How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

He's more of a Port supporter than you'll ever be.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
beenreal wrote: How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

He's more of a Port supporter than you'll ever be.

Thanks mate. Don't know either of you for a bar of soap but I have only missed a few maggies games in the past 10 or so years. I've seen the lows of the lows and stood by the club but next year you can't tell me that going to watch the powers reserves will be the same as going to watch the true magpies. I'm shattered. Footy and life won't be the same.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL