Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby Grahaml » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:34 pm

The questions many PAFC fans want to avoid like the plague are as follows.

Will Port Adelaide pick an AFL listed player over a non AFL listed player if the latter is more deserving of the spot?
Will all players be picked in position so as to give the SANFL side the greatest chance of winning, or in the spot that they believe they should play to become better AFL players?
Will the team play a game style that suits winning SANFL premierships over one that will develop AFL players?

No way can you stick your head in the sand and say Port will never have to choose, because the AFL clubs have brought this to a head purely because they wanted these changes. Nobody is arguing whether the entity technically exists or not, but whether the goal of winning an SANFL flag is dead.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Grahaml » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:38 pm

kickinit wrote:
All of those players that won't make the 22 of the power will play in the SANFL league competition, same as last and the year and the year before. Even though it's a "league comp" it is still and always will be 2nd to the AFL. I don't know what your feelings are about the AFL or the power, but reality is we are 1 club the PAFC. We aren't 2 clubs power and the magpies joined together. If Collingwood weren't in the AFL do you think we would be called the Power, no we would be the magpies in the AFL. My feeling is that why should the power pay these players, pay for the medical bills, do their skills and weights programs and if they don't make the first 22 go play against us in the sanfl. Destroy the integrity of the comp has been thrown around by those that have wanted PAFC to die, they also think that PAFC aren't going to play to win. How do you think the magpies sponsor will go if they aren't out there to win and only using it to develop players or using it as training? They will walk as soon as they can. What happens when they have no sponsor? it means it cost the club more money. Better on field performance will result in better off field performance. Come finals time how many times have the crows and power pulled players from the sanfl to have surgery? Yes it still can happen (but port did put in place a fix for this), well guess what clubs won't have to worry about losing AFL players anymore. What about on a friday night when the AFL coach decides to make a change and that player now has to go back to the sanfl? well that coach then has to make room for the player, 24hrs before a game you have all your game plans and position set then you have to change it, but guess what with Port it's just a simple swap. To me with this setup there is no way the integrity is still in tact if not better.

This is false and shows in part your lack of understanding. Many who didn't get selected got picked in SANFL reserves.

You are. That's why they did that big campaign to join the two.

I thought it was one club? Wouldn't they be Power sponsors as much as Magpie sponsors?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm

kickinit wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Ok maybe you are a rarity in that you support the magpies just as much as the power. I love the fact you've supported the club over so many years but can you please explain to me how the magpies cannot be considered a reserves side when all power listed players who do not play in the AFL will be playing at the magpies. Isn't that a reserves side? And doesn't reserve teams in a league competition completely destroy the integrity of the competition?

Believe me, I wish the magpies were not dead. They have been my life since I was born and seeing how these last few years have gone down has ripped my heart out.

All of those players that won't make the 22 of the power will play in the SANFL league competition, same as last and the year and the year before. Even though it's a "league comp" it is still and always will be 2nd to the AFL. I don't know what your feelings are about the AFL or the power, but reality is we are 1 club the PAFC. We aren't 2 clubs power and the magpies joined together. If Collingwood weren't in the AFL do you think we would be called the Power, no we would be the magpies in the AFL. My feeling is that why should the power pay these players, pay for the medical bills, do their skills and weights programs and if they don't make the first 22 go play against us in the sanfl. Destroy the integrity of the comp has been thrown around by those that have wanted PAFC to die, they also think that PAFC aren't going to play to win. How do you think the magpies sponsor will go if they aren't out there to win and only using it to develop players or using it as training? They will walk as soon as they can. What happens when they have no sponsor? it means it cost the club more money. Better on field performance will result in better off field performance. Come finals time how many times have the crows and power pulled players from the sanfl to have surgery? Yes it still can happen (but port did put in place a fix for this), well guess what clubs won't have to worry about losing AFL players anymore. What about on a friday night when the AFL coach decides to make a change and that player now has to go back to the sanfl? well that coach then has to make room for the player, 24hrs before a game you have all your game plans and position set then you have to change it, but guess what with Port it's just a simple swap. To me with this setup there is no way the integrity is still in tact if not better.

I wasted my time reading that because it was all nonsense. Please give me a clear answer to my next question. Will the power reserves be playing to win premierships or develop players for the power?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Grahaml wrote:
kickinit wrote:

This is false and shows in part your lack of understanding. Many who didn't get selected got picked in SANFL reserves.

I thought it was one club? Wouldn't they be Power sponsors as much as Magpie sponsors?

Correct Grahaml.
If the power and magpies were truly one club all along, why were the magpies not allowed to train on Alberton oval for years and not use the magpies changrooms. Why were the magpies refered to by Brian Cunningham as "that club down the road". Fact is, the power and magpies have always been 2 seperate club. Pains me to see people think otherwise.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Ok maybe you are a rarity in that you support the magpies just as much as the power. I love the fact you've supported the club over so many years but can you please explain to me how the magpies cannot be considered a reserves side when all power listed players who do not play in the AFL will be playing at the magpies. Isn't that a reserves side? And doesn't reserve teams in a league competition completely destroy the integrity of the competition?

Believe me, I wish the magpies were not dead. They have been my life since I was born and seeing how these last few years have gone down has ripped my heart out.

I wasted my time reading that because it was all nonsense. Please give me a clear answer to my next question. Will the power reserves be playing to win premierships or develop players for the power?

Do you think the PAFC can afford the magpies not winning games and only using it to develop players for the power. The club knows they don't have the funds to have a development only side. Sponsor will walk at the first glance of this happening. And to top of my answer the PAFC would be the last club in SA to ever do this. We are about being successful and being the best we can be, our history shows that. And if you even have to question that then I seriously have to ask how true of a supporter you are.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Grahaml wrote:

I think you need to change the many to a few.

For you we are 2 clubs for me and many supporters we have and always will be 1 club.

The thing you have to realise is that the SANFL is a second rate competition, has been since the crows entered and always will be the AFL is around. You going to attract sponsors for a competition that gets very little coverage. Simple business terms and seriously if you even had to ask the question, then it would be too hard to explain it to you.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:23 pm

kickinit wrote:
Hang on before you start you might want know who your talking to. Yes i'm a power supporter and a magpies supporter I'm a PAFC supporter. Only the 3,000 magpies supporters that showed up have a right well guess what that would be me. Yes i might not of got to every game but I have had a Port adelaide magpies membership for many years. Even when I was living in WA and knew I wasn't going to be back for the football season, I still bought my membership because it was supporting the club. Back in the 90's when my uncle was working at the club a volunteer guess who he would pick up and take to trainings to help out, yeh me. I've spent many hours during the 90's helping out the club. And have had a membership for many years, Have always bought new merchandise when it outs, and have always gone to games when Ive had the chance. So before you want to have a go at a real PAFC supporter you might want to check yourself if you won't stick by the club.

So you are one of the "new generation" of supporter. I can understand why the Port Magpies dying isn't such a big deal to you.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 pm

kickinit wrote:
Grahaml wrote:

I think you need to change the many to a few.

For you we are 2 clubs for me and many supporters we have and always will be 1 club.

The thing you have to realise is that the SANFL is a second rate competition, has been since the crows entered and always will be the AFL is around. You going to attract sponsors for a competition that gets very little coverage. Simple business terms and seriously if you even had to ask the question, then it would be too hard to explain it to you.

I don't think kickininit knows a time pre AFL.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:29 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
kickinit wrote:
Hang on before you start you might want know who your talking to. Yes i'm a power supporter and a magpies supporter I'm a PAFC supporter. Only the 3,000 magpies supporters that showed up have a right well guess what that would be me. Yes i might not of got to every game but I have had a Port adelaide magpies membership for many years. Even when I was living in WA and knew I wasn't going to be back for the football season, I still bought my membership because it was supporting the club. Back in the 90's when my uncle was working at the club a volunteer guess who he would pick up and take to trainings to help out, yeh me. I've spent many hours during the 90's helping out the club. And have had a membership for many years, Have always bought new merchandise when it outs, and have always gone to games when Ive had the chance. So before you want to have a go at a real PAFC supporter you might want to check yourself if you won't stick by the club.

So you are one of the "new generation" of supporter. I can understand why the Port Magpies dying isn't such a big deal to you.

Look who it is with another troll post. Seeing as your one for facts, provide your facts to how the port magpies are dying.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:44 pm

They aren't dying, they are dead.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:They aren't dying, they are dead.

So you have the proof then? Seeing as you have that super fast NBN now shouldn't take you too long to post the evidence then. Look forward to reading it.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Mic » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

By name the Magpies still exist, but that's it. As a club, they're dead. Port have finally achieved the 'one club' concept, because all Port really is now is the Power.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

What integrity for God's sake its a AFL Power reserves side playing in the SANFL and for some reason the SANL/PAFC have decided to use the Magpie emblem to try and suck some followers right in.

Total disrespect to the real Magpie ie 1870 to 2013 SHAME on you all !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:30 pm

whufc wrote:The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story

If magpies died then how are they playing this year? again another post where the facts are left out.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Mic wrote:By name the Magpies still exist, but that's it. As a club, they're dead. Port have finally achieved the 'one club' concept, because all Port really is now is the Power.

So the club is no longer playing football?
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:The Magpies died the day their number 1 priority become developing players for another league rather than winning a premiership in the league they play in

End of story

If magpies died then how are they playing this year? again another post where the facts are left out.

Just like a Asian lady boy on the outside they appear to be the magpies but once you pull the pants down you get the shock horror of them being the Port Power reserves.
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:What integrity for God's sake its a AFL Power reserves side playing in the SANFL and for some reason the SANL/PAFC have decided to use the Magpie emblem to try and suck some followers right in.

Total disrespect to the real Magpie ie 1870 to 2013 SHAME on you all !!!!!

No the PAFC are playing in the SANFL. They haven't decided to use the magpie emblem it's the emblem they have used for many many years. Same team same club, only difference now is all our players only for the PAFC. As much as you hate it, it's the truth.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Here I was thinking they were now 'one club' apparently not their still the Power and the Magpies seperately
whufc
Coach

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:36 pm

whufc wrote:Here I was thinking they were now 'one club' apparently not their still the Power and the Magpies seperately

We are one club the PAFC. our AFL team is only called the power because of Collingwood, which they truly deserve to have.
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL