2013 Draft November 21

Talk on the national game

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 am

valleys07 wrote:
the joker wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
the joker wrote:Crows are a very big chance of getting pick 2
Melbourne want ready made players. Need to improve next year rather than have another 4 years of being bottom 2

who are the crows going to offer though to get the pick 2? Melbourne don't just need ready made players, they need ready made quality players

Melbourne have a 4 year deal for Bernie Vince and they also want Lyons. Package them up for pick 2

LOL!

I think Adelaide's focus will be on securing Polec more so than pick 2. Vince for a low 1st rounder / high 2nd rounder will see that deal almost done.

Surely there is no way Melbourne are THAT stupid (or any club for that matter) to give up #2 for an inconsistent footballer packaged with an unproven youngster.

Pick 2 gets them Aish who will be better than Polec IMO
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby valleys07 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:56 am

And the odds of securing pick 2 would be remote IMO.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:59 am

valleys07 wrote:And the odds of securing pick 2 would be remote IMO.

Agreed
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby GWW » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:42 pm

If the Demons were prepared to give up pick 2 for Vince and Lyons, I can only imagine what other clubs would all of a sudden be prepared to offer, to get it.

Vince - 30 in 2 years. and Lyons (late draft selection in his year - shown promise, but certainly not elite, or even a regular)..if Melbourne gave up pick 2 for those 2, it would probably be a good excuse for the AFL to wind the club up.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby stan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 pm

the joker wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
the joker wrote:Crows are a very big chance of getting pick 2
Melbourne want ready made players. Need to improve next year rather than have another 4 years of being bottom 2

who are the crows going to offer though to get the pick 2? Melbourne don't just need ready made players, they need ready made quality players

Melbourne have a 4 year deal for Bernie Vince and they also want Lyons. Package them up for pick 2

Lol, ok good trade for the crows if it comes off. If it does come off the melbourne should finish up or move to tassie.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:45 pm

While id like us to keep both, if the AFC is serious about getting Polec they will need say a pick 20. The crows could be looking at packaging them for pick 20 and something else Melbourne can offer, could also end in a 3 way trade. But really at this stage who knows whats going on behind the scenes.

Pick 2 is that far away from AFC you cant even really consider it.

Im not sure i would go Vince for Gumbleton, just the risk factor with his body (i know its improved).... fair reward if it pays off though. I think Gumby will end up west
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby valleys07 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Surely with Tex, Jenkins and Johnson all above 190cm, the crows tall forward stocks are satisfied?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:05 pm

valleys07 wrote:Surely with Tex, Jenkins and Johnson all above 190cm, the crows tall forward stocks are satisfied?

My thoughts exactly mate, I would also like to see Lynch play up the ground high half FWD or wing. Slip across HB is needed.

Johnston showed good FWD line pressure to suggest we can play the 3 talls

I wouldnt be looking at Gumby personally. He would be ideal for Freo
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Walker not back until about round 9 though.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Brodlach wrote:Walker not back until about round 9 though.

Still wouldnt bother with him.

just out of interest whats Melbournes 3rd pick? they have pick 2, 20 and ???
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Would think 36
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:42 pm

GWW wrote:If the Demons were prepared to give up pick 2 for Vince and Lyons, I can only imagine what other clubs would all of a sudden be prepared to offer, to get it.

Vince - 30 in 2 years. and Lyons (late draft selection in his year - shown promise, but certainly not elite, or even a regular)..if Melbourne gave up pick 2 for those 2, it would probably be a good excuse for the AFL to wind the club up.

Ha, great comment GWW =D> That would be a pretty bad trade by Melbourne if they gave up pick 2 (Aish) for Vince and Lyon.

Maybe pick 20 for Vince would be about right and would probably work out well for both clubs - Melbourne with a ready made mid and the Crows offer pick 20 to Brisbane for Polec and if that falls through at least they have a better first pick than their current one in the mid 40s.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Suri wrote:
GWW wrote:If the Demons were prepared to give up pick 2 for Vince and Lyons, I can only imagine what other clubs would all of a sudden be prepared to offer, to get it.

Ha, great comment GWW =D> That would be a pretty bad trade by Melbourne if they gave up pick 2 (Aish) for Vince and Lyon.

Maybe pick 20 for Vince would be about right and would probably work out well for both clubs - Melbourne with a ready made mid and the Crows offer pick 20 to Brisbane for Polec and if that falls through at least they have a better first pick than their current one in the mid 40s.

Im thinking that would be ideal for both parties aswell Lutz. Pick 20 for Vince even 36 for Lyons gives AFC buy in at the draft and probably gets Polec.

Depends on what they see Polec being worth and assessing Vince's future at AFC.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Last edited by Baron Greenback on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby GWW » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:59 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:You Port supporters have very short memories.
Wasn't that long ago that players were wanting out of Port.
How quickly things changed there.

And just about all Port supporters have been critical of both Williams, and Primus in recent years.

Port had been a rabble in the 5 or 6 years leading up to Hinkley being appointed, but if a comparison is made with draft picks that both clubs have had, Melbourne have clearly had the better deal in that regard. Port's problems were a combination of poor off field administration, virtually no access to top 3 or 4 picks (again, compare to Melbourne with Scully, Trengove, Watts etc), poor coaching in the latter half of Choc's tenure and Primus' stint, and poor recruiting dating back to the 2000-2005 era.

Port have now gone part way to getting some credibility. Melbourne are still a long way off. Whether Roos can achieve that, will be seen in the next few years.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 pm

GWW wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:You Port supporters have very short memories.
Wasn't that long ago that players were wanting out of Port.
How quickly things changed there.

And just about all Port supporters have been critical of both Williams, and Primus in recent years.

Port had been a rabble in the 5 or 6 years leading up to Hinkley being appointed, but if a comparison is made with draft picks that both clubs have had, Melbourne have clearly had the better deal in that regard. Port's problems were a combination of poor off field administration, virtually no access to top 3 or 4 picks (again, compare to Melbourne with Scully, Trengove, Watts etc), poor coaching in the latter half of Choc's tenure and Primus' stint, and poor recruiting dating back to the 2000-2005 era.

Port have now gone part way to getting some credibility. Melbourne are still a long way off. Whether Roos can achieve that, will be seen in the next few years.

Very true GWW

As for Melbourne i reckon they will improve drematically this year. I still think Melbourne's list is only missing some prime midfield talent. They have the Key talls (add Hogan and need Clarke fit) and handy Key defenders, but their midfield was just puss.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Sorry guys. I was quoting someone different and it came up with that quote for some reason.
Deleted the post now. Carry on.
Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm still not convinced port will end up obtaining Polec with just pick 30. I feel a multi club deal will be required in order to get the deal across the line (possibly deal with Richmond who have McGuane wanting to head home??)

If no deal is done then he will fall through to the PSD where Adelaide have a pick before Port.

Not curtains yet crows fans...

valleys07
Coach

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

I can't believe all the love for Polec from both SA sides.
Yeah he's got talent, but he hasn't shown much yet and is also injury prone.
Yet, both teams are falling over themselves for his signature.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to keep him, but the fuss made over him and the way he is playing the market is a joke.
Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:I can't believe all the love for Polec from both SA sides.

The love comes from 5AA and adelaide media- certainly not from club officials.

Baron Greenback wrote:Yet, both teams are falling over themselves for his signature.

LOL! Pick 30 is hardly "falling over" for his signature.

As I have posted, i'm still convinced the crows will get him. A 2nd rounder is all he is worth given his injury history, but if fit could prove a valuable acquisition for both sides.

valleys07
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL