1%
Salisbury North
14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby johnny bravo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 pm

A couple of Salisbury North boys have had enough & signed down the road at Salisbury West for next season I'm told. One of them a very very good player!
johnny bravo

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby moses » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Will Portland win a game next season? Be lucky to get within 5 goals of any Div 1 side IMO
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby swingman » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 pm

Sam Mardling and Ricky Stoyanoff are making a return to Div 1 with the Portland footy club im hearing
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby swingman » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 pm

johnny bravo wrote:A couple of Salisbury North boys have had enough & signed down the road at Salisbury West for next season I'm told. One of them a very very good player!

i would have thought they would both be easily replaced, 'very very good' could be jumping the gun, one didnt even play in the grand finals and the other spends more time raising elbows then chasing the footy
swingman
Rookie

Postby wristwatcher » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:35 pm

moses wrote:Will Portland win a game next season? Be lucky to get within 5 goals of any Div 1 side IMO

Dear me that's a silly post :roll:

Portland at home are going to be a tough prospect for most if not all teams.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 pm

johnny bravo wrote:A couple of Salisbury North boys have had enough & signed down the road at Salisbury West for next season I'm told. One of them a very very good player!

Scott Mumford and Matty Camplin.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:01 pm

swingman wrote:Sam Mardling and Ricky Stoyanoff are making a return to Div 1 with the Portland footy club im hearing

Sammy is a great asset to any forward line. He will run a muck up there. Bloody goal sneak ;)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby WingerFC » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:26 am

Hope Sammy does better than his last stint in Div 1. Straight out of Port Reserves and League and couldn't get a kick for SN. Has plenty of potential but gave nothing. Be surprised if Stoy didnt go back to the Hawks.
WingerFC
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:20 am

Not that it matters because I don't think he'll be coaching at SAAFL level next year - but Eugene got 4 games for his GF efforts.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby piccachu » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:55 am

Hope Sammy does better than his last stint in Div 1. Straight out of Port Reserves and League and couldn't get a kick for SN. Has plenty of potential but gave nothing. Be surprised if Stoy didnt go back to the Hawks.

sammy would have been about 18 when he had his last stint at div 1 and as all that know him would know his not the biggest of builds so with a few years of experience on his side im sure he would rip up div 1 if he was to choose to come back to adelaide
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby absolutebath » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:10 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
moses wrote:Will Portland win a game next season? Be lucky to get within 5 goals of any Div 1 side IMO

Dear me that's a silly post :roll:

Portland at home are going to be a tough prospect for most if not all teams.

What is the reasoning behind the original post? Portland lost players or? Think the thunderdome will be quite tough for away teams!
absolutebath
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby piccachu » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:26 am

[quoteWhat is the reasoning behind the original post? Portland lost players or? Think the thunderdome will be quite tough for away teams!][/quote]

We will not have the services of 2 quality players this year, one moving to london and the other having a Knee Reco, but we are used to people writing us off and we like it. if you look over the last 4 years we have supposedly been getting relegated every year but some how we find our self in D1. Im by no stretch saying we will win the flag and we are aware how tough its going to be but a lot of good sides have made there may to the dome thinking we would be easy beats and left without the 2 points.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby SATCHEL » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:18 am

Agreed Pic, pretty much every year we have been written off in the October of the previous year. We have made good decisions and tough calls and got the results from it. Will be a hard year for our club. Being competative and cosnsitent in our efforts is key and if we get some results from that then i'm happy. No one at our club is saying finals by any imagination. We need to find our feet and get that right quickly. Very much looking forward to seeing some of these clubs that have been at the top of the league for a long time. Being part of that next year is very exciting. Just want it to start already.
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:56 pm

SATCHEL wrote:Just want it to start already.

The season can not start quick enough. To say I am keen is an understatement!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby swingman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:31 pm

I heard Joe hay will be leaving to the YP league for big coin with if younger brother if his ban appeal isn't successful, it will be disappointing to see another 2 good players lost to the country leagues
swingman
Rookie

Postby footys the winner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 pm

swingman wrote:I heard Joe hay will be leaving to the YP league for big coin with if younger brother if his ban appeal isn't successful, it will be disappointing to see another 2 good players lost to the country leagues

Hahahaha. That's gold. What else have you got?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby swingman » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:31 pm

footys the winner wrote:
swingman wrote:I heard Joe hay will be leaving to the YP league for big coin with if younger brother if his ban appeal isn't successful, it will be disappointing to see another 2 good players lost to the country leagues

Sean Maher will also leave the club because he has finally realised that Brunos schnitzels arnt that great
swingman
Rookie

Postby baggy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:38 pm

swingman wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

Sean Maher will also leave the club because he has finally realised that Brunos schnitzels arnt that great

So any idea who coaching SN Camplin maybe a small loss for the club but Maher and Mumford wouldn't get contracts in 2014 from what I've seen in games this year with SN
baggy
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby baggy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:01 pm

footys the winner wrote:

Now that would have to be the quote of the week !
baggy
Rookie

Postby baggy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 pm

S Demon wrote:He was the main instigator in the fights starting, but I certainly didn't think during or afterwards, "geez, won't see him in the SAAFL ever again"

But, the tribunal has been fairly consistent with striking charges this year, add to that contact with an umpire and the length of suspension can add up pretty quickly I guess

Is that right Callum Hay can go back and play in the SANFL and not the SAAFL. How bad does the SAAFL tribunal look when u think he can play at a higher level but not with them. Please SAAFL REVIEW the tribunal and stop them handing out such high plenty's to players from all grades (get your act together for the sake of our game) your looking like grumpy old men!
baggy
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League