14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby Freaky Tah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 am

Suri wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
bubba love wrote:Marc cox to Portland! Wonder if he'll try and root any of the lads mrs there!! What a shit bloke seriously

I don't know the guy but know he is let's say well travelled.

How many clubs is that now if it's true? Can anyone list them?

I wouldn't worry to much about it. He'll be at another club by round 2, if not earlier.

He is far from a div 1 player anyway so will get found out early if he does play a game for them
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:46 pm

I thought he was over the 12 game limit in the SAAFL
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby X Runna » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:I thought he was over the 12 game limit in the SAAFL

Maybe 12 club limit, don't know why he would have a 12 game limit
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Freaky Tah » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:05 pm

X Runna wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:I thought he was over the 12 game limit in the SAAFL

Maybe 12 club limit, don't know why he would have a 12 game limit

There's a limit on games played in a league?? Please enlighten me!!
When it comes to winning you need the skill and the will
Freaky Tah
Under 16s

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 am

stuck on 11 I reckon as one charge was thrown out - could be wrong though.

Freaky, the 12 game limit refers to how many games one needs to be suspended for to be de-registered from the league.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby swingman » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:56 pm

has anyone from portland confirmed that cox has signed with the club, i heard this is all a load of crap.
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby piccachu » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm

[quotehas anyone from portland confirmed that cox has signed with the club, i heard this is all a load of crap.][/quote]

yep all a rumour mate, has not signed with us
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby bubba love » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm

That is rubbish piccapoo
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:10 pm

bubba love wrote:That is rubbish piccapoo

I heard Lipson has signed on to Captain Portland.... C Grade :lol:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby InTheChair » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:02 pm

piccachu wrote:[quotehas anyone from portland confirmed that cox has signed with the club, i heard this is all a load of crap.]

yep all a rumour mate, has not signed with us[/quote]

Wouldn't matter if he has signed at Portland. The quality of looks down there gaurantees 85% of them don't have mrs so he is less likely to try and have a crack at one.
InTheChair
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:17 pm

swingman wrote:has anyone from portland confirmed that cox has signed with the club, i heard this is all a load of crap.

Spoke to a well connected Portland person who said " Bevan Spencer Von Eimen has more chance of playing for Portland than Marc Cox" and that is the fact Jack!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby piccachu » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Edited: Really? was that necessary?

i will restrain my self from commenting on this as i would more than likely be sent for a spell from this forum :D
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby swingman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:01 pm

wristwatcher wrote:At this time of year nothing regarding next year is 100%. Highly unlikely is what i was told but being a Portland junior its no suprise his name has appeared on this thread. If by chance he does appear in a Thunder jumper next year i will tip my hat to you and apologise but i wouldnt think the notoriously tight Portland purse strings would be loosened enough to get him back.

I believe the Shane Harris signing was made official yesterday, Please tip your hat
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby Grahaml » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:24 pm

The standard contract (only one recognised IIRC) doesn't come into force until the player is cleared. Therefore no signing is "official" until player is signed AND cleared unless already on your books.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby bird of prey » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 pm

So to my understanding, clearances don't get done until February yeah?

If signings aren't official until the clearance has been done, then what's the point of trying to sign anyone before this. Is the signature just nothing more than a gentlemens agreement?

I have heard of a few cases where players have signed at a club, then decided a couple of months later that they want to take another club up on a better offer (I'm talking more $$ of course).
In a day where the points system has caused clubs to be very selective in their recruiting, how bout these guys take a moment to work out where they wanna play before they give a club "their word" that they will commit to them for the season.
Or maybe the league should force these guys to play or sit out, unless a financial agreement between the players current club and new club can be met to compensate for the inconvenience.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Grahaml » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 pm

That's pretty much spot on, BOP. It's great if they're already your player but a lot of blokes sign a contract with a few clubs. Makes it even trickier when the clearance request can go in, contract signed, and the player can then withdraw the request. Not sure why, but I guess there are some without the same levels of integrity as most. I guess ultimately it's one tactic of forcing up your money but I can't for the life of me understand a bloke squeezing all the money he can at the expense of a team mate and then expect that same team mate to put his body on the line for him on the field.

The situation is easily resolved by one of 2 ways. Clearances start October 1 or contracts are valid and enforceable regardless of clearance status.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 169 times

Postby bird of prey » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Grahaml wrote:That's pretty much spot on, BOP. It's great if they're already your player but a lot of blokes sign a contract with a few clubs. Makes it even trickier when the clearance request can go in, contract signed, and the player can then withdraw the request. Not sure why, but I guess there are some without the same levels of integrity as most. I guess ultimately it's one tactic of forcing up your money but I can't for the life of me understand a bloke squeezing all the money he can at the expense of a team mate and then expect that same team mate to put his body on the line for him on the field.

The situation is easily resolved by one of 2 ways. Clearances start October 1 or contracts are valid and enforceable regardless of clearance status.

I like both ways you say.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Danky$$ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 am

Daniel Reardon to Henley sharks??
Danky$$
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby The Informer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:00 am

bird of prey wrote:So to my understanding, clearances don't get done until February yeah?

If signings aren't official until the clearance has been done, then what's the point of trying to sign anyone before this. Is the signature just nothing more than a gentlemens agreement?

I have heard of a few cases where players have signed at a club, then decided a couple of months later that they want to take another club up on a better offer (I'm talking more $$ of course).
In a day where the points system has caused clubs to be very selective in their recruiting, how bout these guys take a moment to work out where they wanna play before they give a club "their word" that they will commit to them for the season.
Or maybe the league should force these guys to play or sit out, unless a financial agreement between the players current club and new club can be met to compensate for the inconvenience.

I think you will find that if you have anyone sign a contract then u can send them into the league straight away and they get date stamped and the league will enforce the contract that was signed first. Best check with the league but im confident this is correct.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:38 am

bird of prey wrote:
Grahaml wrote:That's pretty much spot on, BOP. It's great if they're already your player but a lot of blokes sign a contract with a few clubs. Makes it even trickier when the clearance request can go in, contract signed, and the player can then withdraw the request. Not sure why, but I guess there are some without the same levels of integrity as most. I guess ultimately it's one tactic of forcing up your money but I can't for the life of me understand a bloke squeezing all the money he can at the expense of a team mate and then expect that same team mate to put his body on the line for him on the field.

I like both ways you say.

You like it both ways :shock: :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League