1%
Salisbury North
14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby lutz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 am

Port District asking for $2000 to clear player to another club after the player in question signed a contract in late Novembver/early December last year. To me this sounds like a highly unreasonable request.

It's like the people running things down there want people to think their club is full of sh!t blokes.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:08 am

What if Shit bloke was paid his sign on fee and now wants to leave. Does that make them unreasonable for wanting their money back?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby bickle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:59 am

Footy Chick wrote:What if Shit bloke was paid his sign on fee and now wants to leave. Does that make them unreasonable for wanting their money back?

if he signed up in november / december he woudnt even be that clubs player. the previous club would still be his club cause clearences just started.
seems to me to be a small claims application coming up.
have seen this "he signed a contract in November blah, blah blah" a few times this year. people, it means nothing, you gotta get cleared first.
going through one now.
dont know if this is the case with this one but seeing a lot of this lately. and i'm no lawyer just my opinion.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby bird of prey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 am

lutz wrote:Port District asking for $2000 to clear player to another club after the player in question signed a contract in late Novembver/early December last year. To me this sounds like a highly unreasonable request.

It's like the people running things down there want people to think their club is full of sh!t blokes.

I think good on port districts for taking this stance. Maybe players will think twice before they sign a contract, then continue to shop themselves around.
If the player wants to get cleared to a country club, then $2k to them is peanuts.
Should be a general rule I think. Unless mutually agreed to otherwise by the 2 clubs, it should be $1k to be cleared to another Saafl club, and $2k to a country league team, if they want a clearance in the same year.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:07 am

simple solution is open up clearances in october
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby bickle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:10 am

bird of prey wrote:
lutz wrote:Port District asking for $2000 to clear player to another club after the player in question signed a contract in late Novembver/early December last year. To me this sounds like a highly unreasonable request.

I think good on port districts for taking this stance. Maybe players will think twice before they sign a contract, then continue to shop themselves around.
If the player wants to get cleared to a country club, then $2k to them is peanuts.
Should be a general rule I think. Unless mutually agreed to otherwise by the 2 clubs, it should be $1k to be cleared to another Saafl club, and $2k to a country league team, if they want a clearance in the same year.

yeah i think something has to be done. i should have put in my last post that i dont condone PD for their actions.
poor form by player.
bickle
Under 16s

Postby bickle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:12 am

bickle wrote:
bird of prey wrote:

yeah i think something has to be done. i should have put in my last post that i dont condone PD for their actions.
poor form by player.

i like beefy's solution.
bickle
Under 16s

Postby piccachu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:26 am

This is a tough one because i agree, i dont like the idea of players shopping themselves around after they have signed a contract but i think its a bit stiff in the case were money is not playing a part at all, merely looking for more opportunities, the same 2 clubs were involved in the same thing last year with a different player, again money not being the reasoning, That player in question resorted to not playing footy at all last year and if thats the road we want to be taking things will start to go downhill for the SAAFL
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby bird of prey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 am

piccachu wrote:

This is a tough one because i agree, i dont like the idea of players shopping themselves around after they have signed a contract but i think its a bit stiff in the case were money is not playing a part at all, merely looking for more opportunities, the same 2 clubs were involved in the same thing last year with a different player, again money not being the reasoning, That player in question resorted to not playing footy at all last year and if thats the road we want to be taking things will start to go downhill for the SAAFL

More opportunities? What could possibly have changed from November to February?
Not saying this decision is motivated by money, but the current club is greatly inconvenienced by this, given the current points situation and slime clubs limited cash available.
My club went through something similar last year. We signed 2 guys, both 0 pointers. We went out and recruited and used up most of our points, then the ruck man and his FF brother decided to be hero's and chase a dollar and signed with another club 3 months later.
We had the same with another player, but in a complicated "3 club agreement", we all came to an arrangement.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby piccachu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:38 am

More opportunities? What could possibly have changed from November to February?
Not saying this decision is motivated by money, but the current club is greatly inconvenienced by this, given the current points situation and slime clubs limited cash available.
My club went through something similar last year. We signed 2 guys, both 0 pointers. We went out and recruited and used up most of our points, then the ruck man and his FF brother decided to be hero's and chase a dollar and signed with another club 3 months later.
We had the same with another player, but in a complicated "3 club agreement", we all came to an arrangement.

a hell of a lot can change from November to February, New captains / Leadership groups, new recruits and coaching staff changes. i dont know to much about this contract stuff as our club do not have a binding contract in place, we just use the clearance papers and hope players want to stay at our club, which seems to be the case, if players dont want to play for us they can F**k off as far as we are concerned, why would you want to coach / be a team mate of a bloke that doesnt want to be there?
piccachu
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 am

we'll pay ya 2 grand to do a preseason with us?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby bird of prey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 am

I agree piccachu that if the player doesn't wanna be there they can f#¥k off. It's more about getting compensated for massive inconvenience in recruiting. And if teams have to start paying an extra 1-2k to clear players after they've already signed, it'll go a long way to slowing the transfers down, or at least build the coffers of the clubs who got in early and signed em.
Otherwise, what the f$%k is the point of signing a contract???
Imagine if a club didn't hold up their end of the contract terms, and decided, come a few games into the season, we're gonna pay you $100 less per game now. Imagine the pissing and moaning from these players then.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 am

bird of prey wrote:I agree piccachu that if the player doesn't wanna be there they can f#¥k off. It's more about getting compensated for massive inconvenience in recruiting. And if teams have to start paying an extra 1-2k to clear players after they've already signed, it'll go a long way to slowing the transfers down, or at least build the coffers of the clubs who got in early and signed em.
Otherwise, what the f$%k is the point of signing a contract???
Imagine if a club didn't hold up their end of the contract terms, and decided, come a few games into the season, we're gonna pay you $100 less per game now. Imagine the pissing and moaning from these players then.

There must have been a couple of players that deserved more than a hundred less floating around but I know Gaza paid one player who wasn't seen in the club rooms or the best players in full. Your right if a club didnt hold up their end of the bargain their name would be mud and recruiting would become a nightmare.

I think the league should go back to not paying anyone like so many of the clubs say they don't :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:20 am

wristwatcher wrote:I think the league should go back to not paying anyone like so many of the clubs say they don't :roll:

Nope, the ATO should change the ruling on earning payments from playing sport. In effect it is a part time job and in most cases a 2nd one. Should be taxed accordingly....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby piccachu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:26 am

There must have been a couple of players that deserved more than a hundred less floating around but I know Gaza paid one player who wasn't seen in the club rooms or the best players in full. Your right if a club didnt hold up their end of the bargain their name would be mud and recruiting would become a nightmare.

I think the league should go back to not paying anyone like so many of the clubs say they don't

This player in question has not received a cent from his club for the up comng season , i would see things a lot differently if he had received a sign on fee or match payments in advance.
piccachu
League - Top 5

Postby bird of prey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:32 am

Is the player an a grader or a b grader?
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby piccachu » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:50 am

Is the player an a grader or a b grader?

Will B an A grade with us for sure
piccachu
League - Top 5

Postby Doghouse13 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:52 am

How is Brad Dittmar looking at training piccachu..

Will be a smokey for the Medal imo
Doghouse13

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Doghouse13 wrote:How is Brad Dittmar looking at training piccachu..

I think you have had a little too much smokey
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby Doghouse13 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:25 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Doghouse13 wrote:How is Brad Dittmar looking at training piccachu..

I think you have had a little too much smokey

Will he play in the ones?
Doghouse13

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League