14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby Failed Creation » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
BZB27 wrote: I reckon that is too many games to play in the one div on that day.
I personally think that only one match per division should be played on Anzac Day, two tops.
Just out of interest - why?

Like the day itself, it should be a little sacred I suppose. Also, on a selfish note, it would give me the chance to catch a couple of SAAFL games on one weekend lol.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby marbles » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 pm

aint seen a single word about salisbury norths stunning recruits, or cashed up stallions hitting the track out there or how much theyre gonna win the granny by. a few self imposed bans maybe?

but how are they looking, is the squad better than last years or have they lost a few?

infact the big ins & outs for all div 1 clubs would be nice reading? with the clearances ya never tell if the recruit is a dgrader from woop woop or an ex league player (sanfl)

can anyone offer knowledge on whos ins & outs are fair arrivals?

cos a bit weird that tipsters so far have rostrevor just in the five and salisbury at the top wtf why?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:20 pm

goodwood
ROCS
gaza
henley
TTG
Portland
Uni
Salis north
St peters
Port district
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:10 am

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:goodwood
ROCS
gaza
henley
TTG
Portland
Uni
Salis north
St peters
Port district

why have u got last years grand finalist third to bottom and gaza sitting third when last year they spent the season fighting relegation

whats new about these squads that justifies your tip?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:27 am

marbles wrote:
ROCS
gaza
henley
TTG
Portland
Uni
Salis north
St peters
Port district

why have u got last years grand finalist third to bottom and gaza sitting third when last year they spent the season fighting relegation

Gaza has a lot of their premiership team back. I wouldn't have thought the Hawks would be 3rd bottom.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 847 times

Postby bird of prey » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 am

SN will most likely be top 3.

Their main man out there told me that they have recruited a few to replace what they have lost. They won't be as big, or have as much depth as last year, but will definitely be taller.

Goodies would have to be the favourites, as they are every year.

History suggests that only 1 of the promoted teams is likely to get relegated. So I doubt they both will.

How's SPOC's recruiting going? Losing Roberts is a massive loss. Could put them into the danger zone if they don't get an adequate replacement.

I'd like to think gaza will get in the 5, and replace SPOC from last year. The rest of the 5 to be the same.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 am

still all propaganda... help me add to the facts.... :D

at henley...
big ins: johncock, plus a couple of long term injuries last year hopefully are back in geddes & fairclough (jake)
big outs: cullen, frewen (retired), dart is a loss but not a massive loss

the rest of the ins at henley on clearances who knows i not involved, they could be nuff nuffs, or ex league. the rest of the outs are B-C graders

at goodwood..
ins: tuck & kells are in but does that make them the supreme favourite??

at uni
gill is in for a few matches woop doop. is the ex afl bloke from last year still there?

at ttg....
ive seen this so i will hold their chances much much higher....
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/tea-tree-gully-football-club-set-for-big-season-with-three-recruits-and-new-coach/story-fnii00l5-1226840406275

at ROCS...
# has the medalist left??

at SPOCS...
# yes roberts is a massive chunk out of their engine room

at Gaza...
# so their stars are back, but who are they?? name them as to why theyre now a contender again

salisbury nth...
on their clearances: who are the big ins & outs? i not familiar with the names

the 2 port teams well who knows

can people add to their knwledge of the big ins & outs around the joint (name them)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 am

marbles wrote:
ROCS
gaza
henley
TTG
Portland
Uni
Salis north
St peters
Port district

I don't have anything that would justify or quantify my tip with any credibility re salisbury north just that there's little things like a change in coaching, hangover of suspensions from the GF all of which might give them a slow start.

As for gaza for the opposite reasons. From the chat around the place, there are players who have returned due to a change of coach and those players were the backbone of a well performing team on the field only a couple of years ago.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Postby tkr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 am

wristwatcher wrote:
marbles wrote:
ROCS
gaza
henley
TTG
Portland
Uni
Salis north
St peters
Port district

Gaza has a lot of their premiership team back. I wouldn't have thought the Hawks would be 3rd bottom.

When was their last premiership in Div 1?
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 am

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 am

wow well theyve got all their premiership stars back, lets all piss our pants, but not a single name has been mentioned yet
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bird of prey » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 am

marbles wrote:wow well theyve got all their premiership stars back, lets all piss our pants, but not a single name has been mentioned yet

Ok. Here ya go-
Kerr, Heinze, Christie, Stephens, Downie, Freddrick (not premiership player though), Downie, Klemaz, Burns, Wagner.

Don't think anyone's pissing their pants just yet. Especially now that Leon isn't signing :D
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby Slots It Through » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:32 pm

marbles wrote:still all propaganda... help me add to the facts.... :D

at henley...
big ins: johncock, plus a couple of long term injuries last year hopefully are back in geddes & fairclough (jake)

the rest of the ins at henley on clearances who knows i not involved, they could be nuff nuffs, or ex league. the rest of the outs are B-C graders

at goodwood..

at uni
gill is in for a few matches woop doop. is the ex afl bloke from last year still there?

at ttg....
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/tea-tree-gully-football-club-set-for-big-season-with-three-recruits-and-new-coach/story-fnii00l5-1226840406275

at ROCS...

at SPOCS...

at Gaza...
# so their stars are back, but who are they?? name them as to why theyre now a contender again

salisbury nth...

can people add to their knwledge of the big ins & outs around the joint (name them)

I think Districts will be in the top 5. They have a number of players back from Port Adelaide, Heffernan, Nyskohus, Batty,Tonkes.
They are certainly spending money like they want to have a real crack at playing and winning finals.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Fricky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Slots It Through wrote:
marbles wrote:still all propaganda... help me add to the facts.... :D

at henley...

at goodwood..

at uni

at ttg....

at ROCS...

at SPOCS...

at Gaza...

salisbury nth...

I think Districts will be in the top 5. They have a number of players back from Port Adelaide, Heffernan, Nyskohus, Batty,Tonkes.
They are certainly spending money like they want to have a real crack at playing and winning finals.

Don't they do this every year.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:06 pm

marbles wrote:wow well theyve got all their premiership stars back, lets all piss our pants, but not a single name has been mentioned yet
Do you put a great deal of effort into being a self righteous fwit or does it come naturally?
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Postby Nichdanmatt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:17 pm

I would not pay too much attention to what marbles says,he is just a shit stirrer from henley,the underachievers.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:I would not pay too much attention to what marbles says,.

That's all you really needed to write .

Same effect ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Do you put a great deal of effort into being a self righteous fwit or does it come naturally?

well unfortunately for u im not a self righteous fwit but hopefully youll find someone soon who is and you can be a self righteous fwit together. good luck on your exploration i wish u the best. youll find someone, i just know u will

meanwhile thankyou to bird of prey for filling us in with some factual information, gaza suddenly, with proof actually might now look the goods for finals footy cheers
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bird of prey » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:43 pm

marbles wrote:

well unfortunately for u im not a self righteous fwit but hopefully youll find someone soon who is and you can be a self righteous fwit together. good luck on your exploration i wish u the best. youll find someone, i just know u will

meanwhile thankyou to bird of prey for filling us in with some factual information, gaza suddenly, with proof actually might now look the goods for finals footy cheers

My pleasure. How bout you "like" me then. The donuts next to it make me feel lonely and unloved :(
bird of prey
Under 18s

Postby marbles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:33 pm

bird of prey wrote:
marbles wrote:

My pleasure. How bout you "like" me then. The donuts next to it make me feel lonely and unloved :(

liked and loved birdy

any div 1 trial matches this week??
marbles
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League