SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby turk186 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Pag wrote:I'm not going to have a go at Robo and the people who run the club that were there yesterday, they were doing everything they could, ringing around to the 6-7 blokes that didn't rock up after saying they would. Robo did come across to our playing group and apologise, which was good of him. Obviously we wanted to play and so did the Kilburn people who were there, it was the ones that weren't there that are obviously the issue.

Unfortunately, it does open up a can of worms as far as $$$ goes, as we still had to pay the umpires who travelled to the ground, as well as pay trainers and bar staff, as well as the bar/kitchen/canteen revenue lost, strapping and medical supplies used etc. Hopefully the SAAFL will compensate us.

Why should the SAAFL compensate ?? Why should the rest of the clubs pay for Kilburns mistakes, I will spew if the SAAFL pays out a cent. :evil:
They have given Kilburn plenty of opportunity not to compete in the division.
Compensation by all means but it should come from Kilburn as they are the cause and new this would happen and continued to compete :oops:
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Pag » Sun May 11, 2014 4:31 pm

We can't invoice Kilburn directly Turk, as it was our home game, it was our 'duty' to pay the umpires on the day. The request for reimbursement has to be sent to the SAAFL.

Whether they ask for reimbursement from elsewhere is up them I suppose.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby turk186 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:25 pm

I agree Pag but perhaps Kilburn could offer to compensate your club...they have said all the way along that cash was not the problem for their predicament so based on that alone they could sling $500 your way just to help offset costs..... just seem the decent thing to do IMO.

PS I got some mail that this was going to happen last week...... my mail man was a week out but the content of the letter was spot on :roll:
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Cohiba » Sun May 11, 2014 7:20 pm

easy TIGA wrote:
Suri wrote:
Why would this be the end of Kilburn? If they pull out for the rest of the season it can give the committee a load more time to get a plan together to recruit players and figure out how to keep them.

I agree it wont be the end. I know forfeiting isnt what the club wants as if they do forfeit the rest of the year then they will lose the 15 to 20 players theu currently have and numbers and depth is just as important to a club with only a few juniors sides.

Unfortunately.... assuming my interpretation is correct,... if Kilburn end up where they forfeit three games I understand that under SAAFL R & R 25.7, their immediate future will be out of their hands anyway.....For KFC to survive it may well the will have to accept that it may not be not in Division Three as they so clearly want to do so .
Last edited by Cohiba on Sun May 11, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun May 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Cohiba wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:
Suri wrote:
Why would this be the end of Kilburn? If they pull out for the rest of the season it can give the committee a load more time to get a plan together to recruit players and figure out how to keep them.

I agree it wont be the end. I know forfeiting isnt what the club wants as if they do forfeit the rest of the year then they will lose the 15 to 20 players theu currently have and numbers and depth is just as important to a club with only a few juniors sides.

Unfortunately.... assuming my interpretation is correct,... if Kilburn end up where they forfeit three games I understand that under SAAFL R & R 25.7, their immediate future will be out of their hands anyway.....For KFC to survive it may well the will have to accept that it may not be not in Division Three as they so clearly want to do so .
they have already forfeited more than 3 reserves games so that could have been invoked already
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Cohiba » Sun May 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
easy TIGA wrote:
Suri wrote:

they have already forfeited more than 3 reserves games so that could have been invoked already

I will stand corrected but I'm sure its what happens to the senior side that circumstances may have an impact in which Division they will play in the future assuming if they remain as Club within the competition.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby stealthbomber » Sun May 11, 2014 10:23 pm

Robo is a person of the highest integrity and loyalty. He would have been gutted by what happened and dearest embarrassed.
stealthbomber

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Any club would be gutted @ this let alone one of modern Amateurs proudest clubs.

I must admit of all the clubs I heard of in strife in the pre-season Kilburn was the last club I thought would have the biggest issues.

Yes it's unfortunate that one club lost some revenue but trade places with Kilburn and I know what I'd take.....

Finally they didn't dig their hole, no club deserves this and as a club they didn't bring the leagues image down nor theirs with the way they chose to run the club prior to these issues. As for the floggings just because they continuously lost by 50+ goals doesn't mean they don't deserve their spot in the comp. the problem now is so many clubs think they are Collingwood @ this level and it's a first world problem if your reserves don't get a game 1 week @ the expense if a club who lets be honest would be dying on the inside with their situation can't get a team up to satisfy some egos so they can flog them and kick as many goals possible and brag to their mates @ the club after 8 beers Saturday night.

Their record says they deserve their spot in div 3 and it's unfortunate they are in this position.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon May 12, 2014 12:28 pm

salisbury will be pissed if it comes down to percentage at the end of the season . is the big shrek still playing for kilburn he was loyal :D
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon May 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:salisbury will be pissed if it comes down to percentage at the end of the season . is the big shrek still playing for kilburn he was loyal :D

Was lured to Portland I believe....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby NO-MERCY » Mon May 12, 2014 4:57 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:salisbury will be pissed if it comes down to percentage at the end of the season . is the big shrek still playing for kilburn he was loyal :D

Huge $sign$ on the dotted line fee!! ;)
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed May 14, 2014 3:59 pm

gotta love the reason kilburn gave as to why they didnt have enough players seems like some half ass story id make up for not trainning :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby easy TIGA » Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:gotta love the reason kilburn gave as to why they didnt have enough players seems like some half ass story id make up for not trainning :)

What was it?
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed May 14, 2014 5:29 pm

BATTLING Kilburn Football Club is blaming miscommunication for what it is calling a one-off forfeit in the amateur football league.

The Chics’ division three game against Salisbury was called off at Salisbury Oval on Saturday because only 15 Kilburn players arrived at the ground on time.

The forfeit comes after the club, which only has one senior team, lost its first four games by a total of 1423 points.

Kilburn treasurer Danny Parks said the forfeit was a result of some players thinking the game was on at 3pm, rather than 2.15pm, and others not having a lift to the ground.

He said the club was not short of players and had a squad of “25 to 29”.

“It was more of a misunderstanding of time more than anything — a couple of them thought it was a 3pm game,” Parks said.

“A couple of Sudanese guys who don’t speak a lot of English — we’re trying to manage them, organise to pick them up and get them to the game, but it wasn’t done as well as it should’ve been.

“We ended up having enough (players) turn up, but we’d already declared a forfeit.

“We made a mistake, but definitely won’t be forfeiting again because we do have the players.”

Parks said the club intended to stay in division three for the remainder of the season.

“I knew once this forfeit came about, people would say, ‘I told you so, you wouldn’t be able to manage it’, but it’s not the case and we’ll be up ready to bat this week.”

League chief executive John Kernahan said officials would assess Kilburn’s situation if the forfeits happened regularly.

He said Kilburn would need to reimburse Salisbury’s financial losses from an abandoned home game, which could be up to $1500.
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby wristwatcher » Wed May 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Cohiba wrote:

Bahaha you believe. You were there when it happened Cohiba I am sure your mail on this is more accurate than any on SAFooty.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Bahaha you believe. You were there when it happened Cohiba I am sure your mail on this is more accurate than any on SAFooty.

Not at all.....I must have missed the handshake..........besides RS only had to check in the selected teams in D1R for the answer...
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby pureclass » Thu May 15, 2014 1:14 pm

A 300-400 point win equals about 15-20 percent.
Not sure how this is an even playing field if every team gets to play and win by such a margin bar us?
That percentage could be the difference between making finals or being relegated.
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby jo172 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:17 pm

pureclass wrote:A 300-400 point win equals about 15-20 percent.
Not sure how this is an even playing field if every team gets to play and win by such a margin bar us?
That percentage could be the difference between making finals or being relegated.

You would be spewing if that ends up being the difference between 8th and 9th spot.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby jo172 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:17 pm

You would be spewing if that ends up being the difference between 8th and 9th spot.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu May 15, 2014 1:20 pm

jo172 wrote:

You'd be spewing even more if you were losing by that much every week
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League