SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 pm

carey wrote:Heard some interesting news on site today regarding Brahma Lodge, They have signed D.J.Mcintre as a playing ass. coach and bringing at least 8 to 10 with him some from Westies and some from Salis Nth where he has been training! :shock:

Apparently been offered good coin to do so but is not happy that there has been a captain appointed who hasn't trained as yet because of cricket.....

#### Now this is what I heard wether its true or not is a different story!

Yes DJ has signed on as a playing assistant coach, no there is no expectation on him to bring players but I'm sure he, as everyone else at the club is, will do his best to attract players, if he has an issue with a captain being named he has not brought it up with me, he seemed fine with it in fact when we spoke about it, yes DJ is getting paid for his role, is it good money? Yes any money is good money in my eyes but no he is not getting anything over the top IMO.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:
carey wrote:Heard some interesting news on site today regarding Brahma Lodge, They have signed D.J.Mcintre as a playing ass. coach and bringing at least 8 to 10 with him some from Westies and some from Salis Nth where he has been training! :shock:

Apparently been offered good coin to do so but is not happy that there has been a captain appointed who hasn't trained as yet because of cricket.....

Yes DJ has signed on as a playing assistant coach, no there is no expectation on him to bring players but I'm sure he, as everyone else at the club is, will do his best to attract players, if he has an issue with a captain being named he has not brought it up with me, he seemed fine with it in fact when we spoke about it, yes DJ is getting paid for his role, is it good money? Yes any money is good money in my eyes but no he is not getting anything over the top IMO.

soooooo, we'll see you in D3 this year???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2403 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:28 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:

soooooo, we'll see you in D3 this year???

No.

Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:38 pm

One man doeth not maketh a team.

Not even DJ.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Groover » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Just for your info, the captain has trained mate and intends to for the duration of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Groover wrote:

Just for your info, the captain has trained mate and intends to for the duration of the season

lol talking as third person me likes
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:One man doeth not maketh a team.

Not even DJ.

i was more refering to what what carey wrote... if true they should be in D3..
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 pm

Groover wrote:

He had a 10 minute bat in the nets followed by 4 overs off the short run and some catching practice ;)
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Rooster » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Ridiculous if true, The SAAFL should be financially penalizing BL, it seems they have plenty of money to throw around seem to think that doing so plasters over all the problems.

We heard from Browny25 who said he's been there for ten years and said that the culture and direction needs to change, but here they go potentially doing the same thing, how about invest that money in developing a junior program, you'd feel some pain, but eventually blossom. Or you just keep throwing money at blokes who have had more clubs than Greg Norman, how'd that go last time?

I say this as a knee jerk reaction to Carey's post, and even he closed it by saying it was what he heard, However you have to feel for blokes like Browny25 and Groover who have been very stoic only to have this thrown up in their face.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Browny25 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:16 pm

The Rooster wrote:Ridiculous if true, The SAAFL should be financially penalizing BL, it seems they have plenty of money to throw around seem to think that doing so plasters over all the problems.

We heard from Browny25 who said he's been there for ten years and said that the culture and direction needs to change, but here they go potentially doing the same thing, how about invest that money in developing a junior program, you'd feel some pain, but eventually blossom. Or you just keep throwing money at blokes who have had more clubs than Greg Norman, how'd that go last time?

I say this as a knee jerk reaction to Carey's post, and even he closed it by saying it was what he heard, However you have to feel for blokes like Browny25 and Groover who have been very stoic only to have this thrown up in their face.

Sorry but you might have missed some critical info here.

Over 20 players are leaving club - We need to try and replace some of them dont you think???

"Plenty of money" - I dont think so.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Browny25 wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Ridiculous if true, The SAAFL should be financially penalizing BL, it seems they have plenty of money to throw around seem to think that doing so plasters over all the problems.

Over 20 players are leaving club - We need to try and replace some of them dont you think???

This is where i get confused with your clubs choice to stay down... You say you won't be able to compete due to the loss of players, and you have also stated that $$$$ isn't a problem...
So you recruit a few players and you may or may not get relegated from D3 and if you do you go down to D4 2015 and you will be more competitive due to having said recriuts and anymore you pick up along the way... BUT now you have opted to stay down and you have also mentioned you won't be much chop here, so by your logic you'll be in D5 in 2015... even further behind the 8 ball and harder to recruit the further you fall....

I just think your digging a bigger hole to get out of for opting to to stay down...

BUT, if you get all these players carey speaks of you could be playing finals, possibly in a GF in D4.... possibly...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Well their B grade might be.

a) what's to say the players are of A grade quality?

b) Don't forget, they're still only allowed 15 points like the rest of us, meaning they'll get to use 7 blokes in the A grade and maybe not even that many depending on points left over from last year (if any)

Perhaps people should wait and see who rocks up on the doorstep before panicking to whether the wool is being pulled over our eyes...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1739 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:37 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Well their B grade might be.

a) what's to say the players are of A grade quality?

b) Don't forget, they're still only allowed 15 points like the rest of us, meaning they'll get to use 7 blokes in the A grade and maybe not even that many depending on points left over from last year (if any)

Perhaps people should wait and see who rocks up on the doorstep before panicking to whether the wool is being pulled over our eyes...

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Browny25 wrote:

This is where i get confused with your clubs choice to stay down... You say you won't be able to compete due to the loss of players, and you have also stated that $$$$ isn't a problem...
So you recruit a few players and you may or may not get relegated from D3 and if you do you go down to D4 2015 and you will be more competitive due to having said recriuts and anymore you pick up along the way... BUT now you have opted to stay down and you have also mentioned you won't be much chop here, so by your logic you'll be in D5 in 2015... even further behind the 8 ball and harder to recruit the further you fall....

I just think your digging a bigger hole to get out of for opting to to stay down...

BUT, if you get all these players carey speaks of you could be playing finals, possibly in a GF in D4.... possibly...

Listening to Carey is your fist mistake! How about you listen to someone at least from the club.

The money thing - If we had enough then we would have kept all the players that left!! :) We have no more money that any other club, probably less in fact, its just in the past we have chose to spend it in other ways.

The times are a changin!
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:52 pm

out of the so called 20 players who left least 15 of them have gone for cash and the sort of cash they are all getting B.L couldnt afford to fork out but brahma lodge do have a good cash flow by what people have posted in here you just couldnt compete with country funding

but yeah invest hard in a junior programme i remember playing under 9s 10s 11s 12s 13s before brahma lodge juniors folded and i went with most of the others to salisbury north

good luck in div hopefully you beat Hope Valley :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby S Demon » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:00 pm

The Rooster wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:it appears that the Lodge aren't the only ones being bent over by country clubs. Looks like the Pooraka ruckman has been offered some big $$ to head out to Long Plains?

Yep, this is correct Long Plains always seem to have a reasonable purse, Good luck to both of them..

This him?

Pooraka Adelaide Plains Football League Lovell, Peter Pending 2014-02-12
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 371 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:05 pm

S Demon wrote:
The Rooster wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:it appears that the Lodge aren't the only ones being bent over by country clubs. Looks like the Pooraka ruckman has been offered some big $$ to head out to Long Plains?

Yep, this is correct Long Plains always seem to have a reasonable purse, Good luck to both of them..

This him?

that is our ruckmen $$$$$ plus a sign on bonus $$$$$
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby manbitesdog » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 pm

He might even be able to convince a couple of his brothers to join him at brahma for the year
manbitesdog
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby beeroclock » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
S Demon wrote:
The Rooster wrote:

This him?

that is our ruckmen $$$$$ plus a sign on bonus $$$$$

Another big loss.
Tough times at Lindblom.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Pag » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:45 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:

How old is DJ?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League