SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Browny25 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:56 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Browny25 wrote:Dumbest suggestion I have heard this year...

Why?

maybe if Lodge listened to more suggestions they may not be in this situation ;)

Hero
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:59 am

Browny25 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Why?

maybe if Lodge listened to more suggestions they may not be in this situation ;)

Hero

Glass houses... Don't expect a positive response when reply with such a negative one!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 am

Browny25 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Why?

Hero

Dumbest reply i have heard this year...
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Browny25 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:12 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Glass houses... Don't expect a positive response when reply with such a negative one!

My comment was in regards to the suggestion that the league would add a bye into their division 4 reserves comp!! Spare me! As if they would do that... hence why i said dumb suggestion.

Your suggestion of knowing how to run a football club is something totally different...
Browny25
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:15 am

Give Browny a break guys, he is very emotional at the moment.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:20 am

Browny25 wrote:My comment was in regards to the suggestion that the league would add a bye into their division 4 reserves comp!! Spare me! As if they would do that... hence why i said dumb suggestion.

No you are right, it is highly unlikely, but on the flip side there are a lot of clubs that would be adversely affected if Brahma Lodge (heaven forbid it came to it) were moved into the C grade divisions.

Some clubs might be eager to stay up divisions and be given a reprieve, but perhaps not all clubs.
On top of that, there would have to create a short fall somewhere down the line - an 8 team div 8 perhaps?
Would C grade sides be overly excited to know that Brahma Lodge who have had such rich success in the past few years suddenly be suiting up against them?
Where do Brahma Lodge fit into the C grade equation - does another side have to sacrifice their spot in a div to make way for them, or do they get chucked into the lowest grade where success is almost guaranteed?

Although a bye in the B grade isn't ideal and not a good look, it does maintain some sort of stability and ensure that Brahma has the tough season they obviously deserve...
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 am

Browny25 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Glass houses... Don't expect a positive response when reply with such a negative one!

My comment was in regards to the suggestion that the league would add a bye into their division 4 reserves comp!! Spare me! As if they would do that... hence why i said dumb suggestion.

Your suggestion of knowing how to run a football club is something totally different...

i have a very good idea....
Maybe you could have responded like you did here with your first paragraph... i wouldn't have got all superhero like ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Browny25 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:26 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Browny25 wrote:My comment was in regards to the suggestion that the league would add a bye into their division 4 reserves comp!! Spare me! As if they would do that... hence why i said dumb suggestion.

No you are right, it is highly unlikely, but on the flip side there are a lot of clubs that would be adversely affected if Brahma Lodge (heaven forbid it came to it) were moved into the C grade divisions.

Some clubs might be eager to stay up divisions and be given a reprieve, but perhaps not all clubs.
On top of that, there would have to create a short fall somewhere down the line - an 8 team div 8 perhaps?
Would C grade sides be overly excited to know that Brahma Lodge who have had such rich success in the past few years suddenly be suiting up against them?
Where do Brahma Lodge fit into the C grade equation - does another side have to sacrifice their spot in a div to make way for them, or do they get chucked into the lowest grade where success is almost guaranteed?

Although a bye in the B grade isn't ideal and not a good look, it does maintain some sort of stability and ensure that Brahma has the tough season they obviously deserve...

Guess what...

These are all questions that you do not have to worry about figuring out!
Browny25
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

ok people, that's your fishing expedition over for today. give it a rest,

Especially from those who are potentially in the same position.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:33 am

Footy Chick wrote:ok people, that's your fishing expedition over for today. give it a rest,

Especially from those who are potentially in the same position.

aww cant have anyone picking on you poor wittle bear :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Pretty sure we could slot into the C1 comp and remove the current BYE there (sorry the fixture has been removed since the last time I looked).
If worse was to come to worse.
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 am

Groover wrote:Pretty sure we could slot into the C1 comp and remove the current BYE there. If worse was to come to worse

Well I sincerely hope for your clubs sake that it doesn't come to that anyway.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Groover wrote:Pretty sure we could slot into the C1 comp and remove the current BYE there. If worse was to come to worse

Well I sincerely hope for your clubs sake that it doesn't come to that anyway.

Same mate, got all my fingers and toes crossed that this doesn't happen.
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:46 am

i think you'll be fighting more than one opponent for that last C grade spot

What a crazy crazy year...and it hasn't even started yet.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:47 am

Footy Chick wrote:i think you'll be fighting more than one opponent for that last C grade spot

You're not wrong there FC.
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby Cohiba » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:54 am

Some clubs may accept more readily the vagaries of enjoying success and accepting the leaner years as they come and go. Swings and roundabouts if you will. Kilburn appear to be in a similar situation when you see the clearances that have impacted on the Club. Sure they "mouth off" a bit when on top, but to their credit (so far as I have seen or heard) aren't lamenting about their situation at what potentially looks like a tough 2014 season with the loss of more than a couple of talented players.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:58 am

And what happens if BL do go down to C grade and then have an influx of players back?
They would dominate and make a few people look very silly.
Players have been known to leave, not like their new surroundings and return.

Just playing devils advocate
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:58 am

Footy Chick wrote:i think you'll be fighting more than one opponent for that last C grade spot

Is grass roots sports across the board slowly dying in Australia?

In America they dont have structured grass roots sports programs - if you dont make it thats it.. could we be headed the same way?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 am

PG I think it shows that spending money on players may achieve some 'short term' success (not just aimed at BL), but sustained success is dependant on strong junior set up and club culture. Clubs in BL's position should consider investing the funds they do have into getting more kids to the club and starting again.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 am

Footy Smart wrote:PG I think it shows that spending money on players may achieve some 'short term' success (not just aimed at BL), but sustained success is dependant on strong junior set up and club culture. Clubs in BL's position should consider investing the funds they do have into getting more kids to the club and starting again.

Agreed and understand that, but overall there are very few sports (in SA) that seem to be growing in recent times - cricket, aussie rules, lacrosse, rugby league.. they all seem to be on the decline.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League