SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby BZB27 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:15 pm

BurraBoys wrote:
BZB27 wrote:We need a big lift for next week against Golden Grove otherwise we will get embarrassed in front of our past players and premiership reunions day.

Any truth that A.Didak will be getting a permit and pulling the boots this week?

I think its unlikely coz havnt heard anything about it. I think next year is when he will play a few games because that is our clubs 100th year.

Would of been nice to have him running around this week though
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby easy TIGA » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 pm

Footy Chick wrote:frustrating.

I hope you didn't want more than a one word answer ;)

The 2 wing nuts in white wouldnt have helped your cause. Some baffling decisions.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby BurraBoys » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Baffling decisions both ways. I just hope we get better quality in finals
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:01 pm

woodville south B grade umpire a spud and a cheat after half time went out of his way to bring them back into the game

another funny thing a supporter from woodville south in his club colours yelling out abuse towards goal umpire our umpire paid a free kick for it and the woodville south umpire said no free kick we dont know who it was seems protecting the club and that sort of shit is more important then protecting a goal umpire from abuse who just so happens to be a 18 year old girl

well done spuds
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Dazzler » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:woodville south B grade umpire a spud and a cheat after half time went out of his way to bring them back into the game

another funny thing a supporter from woodville south in his club colours yelling out abuse towards goal umpire our umpire paid a free kick for it and the woodville south umpire said no free kick we dont know who it was seems protecting the club and that sort of shit is more important then protecting a goal umpire from abuse who just so happens to be a 18 year old girl

well done spuds

Happy to own up that it was me that yelled from the sidelines.

Not at any stage did I abuse the umpire. I did not believe it was the umpire's fault at all. I had a crack at the player for claiming a goal that clearly wasnt there, and the player's reaction suggested as such.

I don't believe abuse to umpires, particularly club ones, is appropriate as it is hard enough to find volunteers. I just don't like seeing players try to manipulate inexperienced officials, which is exactly what he did.
Dazzler

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Dazzler wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:woodville south B grade umpire a spud and a cheat after half time went out of his way to bring them back into the game

well done spuds

Not at any stage did I abuse the umpire. I did not believe it was the umpire's fault at all. I had a crack at the player for claiming a goal that clearly wasnt there, and the player's reaction suggested as such.

I don't believe abuse to umpires, particularly club ones, is appropriate as it is hard enough to find volunteers. I just don't like seeing players try to manipulate inexperienced officials, which is exactly what he did.

my advice to you would be maybe next time when you yell out put the baby down and then maybe you go be the goal umpire you seem to be in the best position to make the calls from under the verandah

and how did he manipulate an offical she gave it a goal then you started yelling out
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Dazzler » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

well done spuds

my advice to you would be maybe next time when you yell out put the baby down and then maybe you go be the goal umpire you seem to be in the best position to make the calls from under the verandah

and how did he manipulate an offical she gave it a goal then you started yelling out

My issue was he celebrated prior to the umpire calling it a goal, and his reaction after it was called a goal indicated to me he knew he had managed to get away with one. Not sure what you heard me say, but I believe it was along the lines of "you should be ashamed of yourself for claiming that one"

Umpiring is a hard gig, hence why I was not bagging her, as I stated before. If she feels it was directed at her, for that I do apologise.

I agree that yelling whilst holding my baby was not appropriate and would do things differently in that regard if I had my time again. Still don't believe my fellings are any less valid.

In any case, what I felt at the time and what you saw / interpreted are different and what I say won't convince you otherwise. I can see how you may feel I was directing my frustration at the umpire, but it was certainly towards the player.

On a football note, that decision did not affect the outcome of the game, but that player certainly did. His 10 mins in the second quarter was as good as you will see from a small forward.
Dazzler

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby Hefty » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am

Is it true they are doing the Div 3 & 4 gf's with the same setup as Div 1 & 2?? As in, playing both divisions gf's at the same ground on the same day?? Or, have I heard wrong???
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times

Postby beef » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:16 am

Hefty wrote:Is it true they are doing the Div 3 & 4 gf's with the same setup as Div 1 & 2?? As in, playing both divisions gf's at the same ground on the same day?? Or, have I heard wrong???

Pretty sure that is correct, on consecutive weekends at thebby
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby BurraBoys » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 am

Yuck....not sure im a fan of the proposed GF day. Please don't take this as getting ahead of myself. Im very aware that we actually need to win a finals game to get there but let's take the hypothetical of a club having both their a and b grade in the big dance.

From what I have heard, the d4r game will be played at 9am followed by the d3r game and subsequently the d4 game etc.I understand what the league is trying to do. Get more people to the ground. Create more atmosphere, sell more booze etc. but honestly, I can't see many agraders getting to the ground at 9am when their game doesn't start until 1.30/2pm. Messes with routine and leaves you waiting way to long. It would be a shame for the bgrade side not to have the support of their mates.

Has the league considered the consequence of the potential winning team getting in the gas from 11.30, and solidly celebrating until 3.30/4pm when the d4 game finishes?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 am

Well the alternative is to utilise SANFL grounds of which have similar facilities to Thebarton.

Clearly given the reported issues in the past Grand Finals the league have identified that it indeed is broke so it needs to be fixed.

Sadly a minority ruin it for the masses....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:03 pm

I think it's a matter of ground shortage more than anything.

Cant use most SANFL grounds

Port won't let us touch Alberton, Norwood is Coopers so that's a no go, Westies already being used and most clubs with fenced off grounds have indicated that they won't have finals because a) the tender process has been made too expensive or, b) their club is taking part in finals and don't want to have volunteers miss out on the game.

It can make for a bit of a logistical nightmare and this would be why Super Satdee was invented.

But your'e right, it's not the best of initiatives, I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to start taping folk at 7.30am for a 9am start. (Grateful for being in a GF but still annoyed at the early start)

PM Executive member, it was his idea ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Hefty » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Don't let a northern suburbs club host a GF...........problem solved ;)
Hefty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 110 times

Postby Dols » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I think it's a matter of ground shortage more than anything.

Cant use most SANFL grounds

Port won't let us touch Alberton, Norwood is Coopers so that's a no go, Westies already being used and most clubs with fenced off grounds have indicated that they won't have finals because a) the tender process has been made too expensive or, b) their club is taking part in finals and don't want to have volunteers miss out on the game.

It can make for a bit of a logistical nightmare and this would be why Super Satdee was invented.

But your'e right, it's not the best of initiatives, I'd be pretty annoyed if I had to start taping folk at 7.30am for a 9am start. (Grateful for being in a GF but still annoyed at the early start)

PM Executive member, it was his idea ;)
easy don't charge. It is the amateur league after all.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 pm

if they dont charge to go watch a grand final you would have some great ovals on offer to use
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby S Demon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:26 pm

If any club wants to hire our oval out for the day after they've paid the league to win the tender, happy to talk..
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 pm

Geebus! Better late than never Pulteney...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:42 am

Footy Chick wrote:Geebus! Better late than never Pulteney...

Did they win?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:43 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Did they win?

By about a goal.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 am

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Did they win?

By about a goal.

Gold, I picked them in the tipping!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League