SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Pag » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Pag wrote:50 points was the biggest margin in the third quarter. As soon as it hit that point it was all Golden Grove, were running on top of the ground and Eastern Park looked absolutely stuffed, was back to four goals by 3/4 time. Scuddsy missed a few really gettable shots in the first half, the margin should probably never have gotten out to what it did. Credit to both sides for a top game of footy.

Agree re: the scoreboard, would be quality for a night game but was really difficult to see during the day with bright sunshine. The clock counting up is good for the supporter though.

Agree Golden Grove where lucky they did not pay for missing at least 6 set shots in front of goal, they also had 10 more scoring shots. I agree Eastern park look stuffed but I thought they might have made a few moves when Golden Grove had there run on in the 3 & 4 qtr. You could see after Eastern Park scored a couple of early goals, Golden grove where starting to get on top but had not put score on the board. Eastern Park tried to just tried to bomb the ball forward instead of looking for leading forwards, then when Golden grove got the ball and switched and tried to run them of there feet. Maybe they could have put Mansell on the ball as he was wasted at full forward, I think Eastern Park best player was a 40 year old Goldsmith who was playing deep in defence. The only message I heard the Eastern Park coach say at 3 qtr time was to try slow the game down and hold on the ball. I not sure who it was but they could have rushed a point with 30 seconds to go and then would of had extra time, they handball back into the goal square for a turnover or maybe they had to try kick towards the boundary line and make Golden Grove kick from pocket it they gained the ball. I no Eastern Park got the last clearance but with 20 plus players in there 50 it was going to be hard to get that Goal back.

Agree with Goldsmith being EPs best player, believe it was his error that caused the last goal, didn't deserve that after the game he had played up until that point.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Pag wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
Pag wrote:50 points was the biggest margin in the third quarter. As soon as it hit that point it was all Golden Grove, were running on top of the ground and Eastern Park looked absolutely stuffed, was back to four goals by 3/4 time. Scuddsy missed a few really gettable shots in the first half, the margin should probably never have gotten out to what it did. Credit to both sides for a top game of footy.

Agree re: the scoreboard, would be quality for a night game but was really difficult to see during the day with bright sunshine. The clock counting up is good for the supporter though.

Agree Golden Grove where lucky they did not pay for missing at least 6 set shots in front of goal, they also had 10 more scoring shots. I agree Eastern park look stuffed but I thought they might have made a few moves when Golden Grove had there run on in the 3 & 4 qtr. You could see after Eastern Park scored a couple of early goals, Golden grove where starting to get on top but had not put score on the board. Eastern Park tried to just tried to bomb the ball forward instead of looking for leading forwards, then when Golden grove got the ball and switched and tried to run them of there feet. Maybe they could have put Mansell on the ball as he was wasted at full forward, I think Eastern Park best player was a 40 year old Goldsmith who was playing deep in defence. The only message I heard the Eastern Park coach say at 3 qtr time was to try slow the game down and hold on the ball. I not sure who it was but they could have rushed a point with 30 seconds to go and then would of had extra time, they handball back into the goal square for a turnover or maybe they had to try kick towards the boundary line and make Golden Grove kick from pocket it they gained the ball. I no Eastern Park got the last clearance but with 20 plus players in there 50 it was going to be hard to get that Goal back.

Agree with Goldsmith being EPs best player, believe it was his error that caused the last goal, didn't deserve that after the game he had played up until that point.

Is that Shannon Goldsmith you're talking about.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:30 pm

cracka wrote:
Pag wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:

Is that Shannon Goldsmith you're talking about.

yes
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby cracka » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:59 pm

He & his brother played a couple of years at Onkas. One of the best I've ever seen/played with.
cracka
Veteran

Postby easy TIGA » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:00 pm

cracka wrote:He & his brother played a couple of years at Onkas. One of the best I've ever seen/played with.

He was and still is good. But maybe best ever is getting slightly carried away. No offense as he at 40 is still going very well.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby cracka » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 am

easy TIGA wrote:
cracka wrote:He & his brother played a couple of years at Onkas. One of the best I've ever seen/played with.

He was and still is good. But maybe best ever is getting slightly carried away. No offense as he at 40 is still going very well.

I've only ever played Hills footy & did only say one of the best. It was about 10 years ago when he was in his prime.
cracka
Veteran

Postby jumbo20 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 am

Any news on 2015 Kenilworth Coach?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Buddys wife » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:37 am

I also played with goldy at onkas. He's one of the best I've played with on his day he's unstoppable used to take some massive grabs.
Buddys wife

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:03 pm

They let chicks play with blokes at Onkas? ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby bulldogs » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:17 am

I played against him when he was 17 , was a talent then
Last edited by bulldogs on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 pm

I can't be bothered reading back to find out, but why is the d4r gf on at 9am? The league can't actually be serious?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:18 pm

They're deadly serious - and don't call them Shirley.

PS: Don't be a lazy turd. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby BurraBoys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 am

Anyone from a neutral perspective want to make any insight into the game on the weekend? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. You would have all played SW or GG twice. How do you see it unfolding?
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:03 am

BurraBoys wrote:Anyone from a neutral perspective want to make any insight into the game on the weekend? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. You would have all played SW or GG twice. How do you see it unfolding?

I've only seen one Div 4 game all year and it was the minor round game between Salisbury West and Golden Grove at Harpers. Salisbury West dominated that game with their runners. If they had kicked straight they would have won by 10+ goals. It seems the same thing happened in the first final and I suspect the same thing will happen on Saturday. Salisbury West will be too quick for Golden Grove and win easy.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Jetters » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Salisbury West to get the choccies this week, another choke from the Golden Grove under achievers.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Burras » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Jetters wrote:Salisbury West to get the choccies this week, another choke from the Golden Grove under achievers.

Jetters when have you seen both teams play this year? your opinion is invalid
focus on your own GF buddy, reckon modbury will be too strong for you!
Burras

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Jetters » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Burras wrote:
Jetters wrote:Salisbury West to get the choccies this week, another choke from the Golden Grove under achievers.

Jetters when have you seen both teams play this year? your opinion is invalid
focus on your own GF buddy, reckon modbury will be too strong for you!

GG should never have gone back down to Div 4, been given everything on a silver platter, 2 ovals, new rooms, young developing area, electronic scoreboard, what else do you want!? ... should be in Div 1 by now.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby BurraBoys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:12 pm

I got no problem with you tipping SW jetters. Your opinion is your own. To say SW will as a result of our choke is an insult to them as much as it is us. They are a bloody good side. If they win, it will be because they earned it.

What I do take issue with is saying we have been 'given everything on a silver platter' . Complete slap in the face to everyone that has poured blood sweat and tears into getting us to where we are and having what we have. You sound like a tool. Pull your head in
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:44 pm

They've just been promoted. I'm pretty sure they just achieved that.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3028 times
Been liked: 2404 times

SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Groover » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Sw to win in a canter. Aloisi to kick a bag as golden grove have noone good enough to go with him.
Wellington to get BOG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League