SAAFL division 5 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 5 grand final?

Adelaide Lutheran
8%
CBCOC
7%
Colonel Light Gardens
10%
Elizabeth
22%
Brahma Lodge
5%
Para Hills
7%
Trinity OS
3%
Greenacres
7%
North Haven
21%
Westminster OS
10%

Total votes : 107

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Postby Boosh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

hill wrote:
nicole wrote:correct Boosh

How did the trial against West Croydon go.

Was scrappy, we just won in both games
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby old farmer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Boosh wrote:Interested to see Rosewaters recruiting manager Darren Grimmond at the North Haven v West Croydon game, wonder which players he was looking at.

Would be watching WC as a whole i would think as they are in div 6
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts....
old farmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 112 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Boosh » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:17 pm

old farmer wrote:
Boosh wrote:Interested to see Rosewaters recruiting manager Darren Grimmond at the North Haven v West Croydon game, wonder which players he was looking at.

In his role as recruiting officer for Rosewater I would assume he would be busy recruiting more of our juniors
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Boosh wrote:
old farmer wrote:

In his role as recruiting officer for Rosewater I would assume he would be busy recruiting more of our juniors

More? Haven't they all gone to Districts?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Boosh » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Thats the usual trend thanks to our good friends at the Port Adelaide Football Club
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Is it true that the ex PAFC U16s coach is now coaching Districts U16s (or 18s) and has been recruiting a lot of his ex PAFC players?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby carey » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm

Pag wrote:We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.

Wow that's really poor form.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:27 pm

carey wrote:
Pag wrote:We have a junior from our club, went to Port, and is now at Port District, with no other connections that I can see.

Wow that's really poor form.

How so?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Boosh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 am

We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:52 am

Boosh wrote:

We would have on average 10 a year in that boat mate, the sooner Port Adelaide lose thier juniors the better it will be for the Port Adelaide area.

Not really, if the zone goes to WWT, then the players will be told to go to Henley or SMOSH....
Mr Beefy
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Not really, if the zone goes to WWT, then the players will be told to go to Henley or SMOSH....

If you're in the Norwood Zone you'll find the senior coach is steering blokes towards Langhorne Creek (for obvious reasons).

Very frustrating.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

Port told me to stay at North Haven.....weird
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

HH3 wrote:Port told me to stay at North Haven.....weird

Gold. I'm surprised they let you stay at a club wearing black and white.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

jo172 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Boosh wrote:

If you're in the Norwood Zone you'll find the senior coach is steering blokes towards Langhorne Creek (for obvious reasons).

Very frustrating.

Or sending juniors from other clubs to PNU. :shock:
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Very good hitout for us against Rosewater today, we won both A and B grade games, the ideal result for us heading into round one next Saturday against Westminster. I was very happy with all the boys efforts today, everyone gave it a red hot crack. We hit the footy hard, the defensive pressure was very good and most of our ball movement was quite good. Exactly the kind of hitout we needed going into next week, big thanks to Rosewater for the hitout. Footy is back f**k yeah.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

Postby hillscrow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:58 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Very good hitout for us against Rosewater today, we won both A and B grade games, the ideal result for us heading into round one next Saturday against Westminster. I was very happy with all the boys efforts today, everyone gave it a red hot crack. We hit the footy hard, the defensive pressure was very good and most of our ball movement was quite good. Exactly the kind of hitout we needed going into next week, big thanks to Rosewater for the hitout. Footy is back f**k yeah.

Rosewater have got big wraps...how'd they look?
hillscrow
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 am

hillscrow wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Very good hitout for us against Rosewater today, we won both A and B grade games, the ideal result for us heading into round one next Saturday against Westminster. I was very happy with all the boys efforts today, everyone gave it a red hot crack. We hit the footy hard, the defensive pressure was very good and most of our ball movement was quite good. Exactly the kind of hitout we needed going into next week, big thanks to Rosewater for the hitout. Footy is back f**k yeah.

They are much taller than us and looked quite good. I think the final score was something like 13.4 to 6.14 (not trying to be controversial, I didn't see the final score i was running around after my 5 year old!) which meant they had plenty of it. From what I saw, they should've been a lot closer. They looked fit. They ran well. They look to be well drilled too. They'll do well in Div 6.

From our perspective, we ran out of soldiers. Three blokes out with over a quarter to go in warm conditions didn't help but those guys out there did exceptionally well.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby beeroclock » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:03 am

Boosh wrote:

We have lost around six to Broadview through Nth Adelaide connection this year out of our U15 side.
Now we have 12 on the track and look like not having a side.
One side gone.
It's bullshit.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:07 am

gadj1976 wrote:
hillscrow wrote:

They are much taller than us and looked quite good. I think the final score was something like 13.4 to 6.14 (not trying to be controversial, I didn't see the final score i was running around after my 5 year old!) which meant they had plenty of it. From what I saw, they should've been a lot closer. They looked fit. They ran well. They look to be well drilled too. They'll do well in Div 6.

From our perspective, we ran out of soldiers. Three blokes out with over a quarter to go in warm conditions didn't help but those guys out there did exceptionally well.

Well said Gadj, I think Rosies A grades first eight shots on goal were behinds? It was very tough out there in the warm conditions, definitely going to have some very sore fellas today, hopefully everyone pulled up ok.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League